Tarantino and The Who

I’ve heard Tarantino hates The Who.

Anyone knows if this is true?

Where did you hear that?

Does it matter?

someone told me and, yes, it does matter, at least to me.

[quote=“kumquat”]
someone told me and, yes, it does matter, at least to me.
[/quote]

<LINK_TEXT text=“The Quentin Tarantino Archives - Everything QT since 1999 … &Itemid=41”>The Quentin Tarantino Archives - Everything QT since 1999</LINK_TEXT>

Playboy: You make quintessential guy movies. Do you have an secret nonguy hobbies?

Tarantino: It’s more a matter of guy things that I don’t do. I don’t hang around pool halls. I don’t play poker. And I don’t go to sporting events. To me, torture would be watching sports on television. If I go to Dodger Stadium, that’s ok, because the game is secondary to the beer and the environment. One thing I don’t understand is that average American movie-goers cannot watch a movie for three hours, yet they’ll watch a stupid, boring, horrific football game for four hours. Now, that is boredom at its most colossal. I have a lot of little theories, and one of them is that nobody really likes sports. But men feel they should like sports, so they act as if they do. I also feel that way about the Who. I don’t think anybody really likes that band. Everyone thinks they’re supposed to like the Who, so they just pretend. They’re afraid to say that the emperor has no clothes.

nice find.

I like The Who though, albeit not all songs :_)

[quote=“The Seb”]
nice find.

I like The Who though, albeit not all songs :_)
[/quote]

Thanks and ditto re. The Who.

[quote=“AliasAnna”]
<LINK_TEXT text=“The Quentin Tarantino Archives - Everything QT since 1999 … &Itemid=41”>The Quentin Tarantino Archives - Everything QT since 1999</LINK_TEXT>
[/quote]

THANK YOU sooooo much…!

[quote]

I like The Who though, albeit not all songs :_)[/quote]

I only like a couple of them :stuck_out_tongue:

whos the who? Ha ha ha :smiley:

The Who’s a great band. But I don’t care if QT likes them or not.

I must agree, I can’t stand to watch sports. If I was given a gun and television that only received Football games and was locked in a closet, I wouldn’t last long.

I sorta-kinda agree with The Who. Big hit-or-miss band that missed a lot more than they hit, but when they hit they were great.

[quote=“CopperHead”]
I don’t care if QT likes them or not.
[/quote]

I don’t care about his opnion when it comes to having my own, but I needed it to answer to a few soplapollas in another forum

QT can be an arrogant asshole sometimes. Dissing people just because they have different tastes than him. He needs to grow up.

P.S. Meanwhile he directed a TV episode with a Who song as its main theme haha.

[quote=“Scarface”]
QT can be an arrogant asshole sometimes. Dissing people just because they have different tastes than him. He needs to grow up.

[/quote]

But you have to remember that being that way is what makes QT what he is.

[quote=“Scarface”]
[/quote]

I didn’t even think of that. Yes! So he’s contradicting himself. Well he can’t do anything against CSI’s title theme (which rocks major ass!), but maybe he just went outside during the sound editing :slight_smile:

I don’t know why anyone gives a fuck what group Tarantino likes or doesn’t like; either way, he’s still Tarantino. Frankly, I think people take what he says way too seriously. But hey, to each their own…

[quote=“AliasAnna”]
I don’t know why anyone gives a fuck what group Tarantino likes or doesn’t like; either way, he’s still Tarantino. Frankly, I think people take what he says way too seriously. But hey, to each their own…
[/quote]

Yes most things he says has that "hey what im saying isnt really a serious thought, im just tossing the idea around and lets see if your stupid enough to make it into something serious. thing to it.

:stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah we don’t care in fact if QT loves or not The Who. It’s one of the best rock band ever (but this isn’t a punk band ! Be careful). And QT contradicts himself, in a way he doesn’t want to love them, and in the other, he uses one their song. So this isn’t really important if he loves them or not.

[quote=“Thousand Eyes”]
whos the who? Ha ha ha :smiley:
[/quote]

ahh somebody slap me in the face…

I seem to think Tarantino speaks in the mood. he might say something when he’s in one mood and be like, “I just felt like saying it.” the next day. Without holding some of his statements til the bitter end. Sure he’ll make a quote where he’ll die before he changes it, he’s arrogant. Then he may make a whatever comes to mind response to use just as an example. Like the Who think.

Which i do believe. I’m a Who fan. Not massive. Not even warm. I like some of their songs. Some are great anthems. “My Generation” for one. Townsend was great breaking his guitar apart and setting it on fire. But there were more misses than hits.

Overall. I don’t take everything the man says as law. He’s just a guy who is incredibly talented and richer than I’ll ever be in my lifetime.