music for Tarantino's ww2

General discussions about QT and his soundtracks (specific movie soundtrack boards see movie boards)
al bundy

Re: music for Tarantino's ww2

Post by al bundy » Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:22 pm

toothpick_vic_vega wrote: I dont think your operating on all cylinders Pulp. Kid Rock's American Badass?!! What the fu-???!! Kid fuckin Rock? HAHAHAHAHA!!!

^lol yeah, lets put in some tina turner, brittny spears and all that ish.

Toothpick_Vic_Vega

Post by Toothpick_Vic_Vega » Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:37 pm

Update 06:

QT stated in an interview that he is "going even further into the Spaghetti Western genre" with Bastards. So we know now for sure IB will have lots of Spaghetti Western music in it. Either older film scores and/or modern made Spaghetti Western style music by Robert Rodriguez most likely.

He also said that theres no time period constrictions to the films music. We may hear everything from rockabilly to hip hop in the film. 

I'm sure he wont use shit like Kid Rock or Britney Spears, but he may use modern pop music that fits in with whats going on in the film. 

WeaselCo

Post by WeaselCo » Sun Dec 10, 2006 10:23 pm

I can see Over There being played while people are getting blasted. Was that 1 or 2 though?

zeppelincheetah
Hard Drinker

Post by zeppelincheetah » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:04 pm

i lol'd at the first post in this topic.  I don't know how i missed this topic before.  kid rock and metallica?  i can do one better:

Lil' Wayne (for the scenes where they're just chillin')
My Chemical Romance (for when stuff gets emotional)
Brooks N' Dunn (for that twangy spaghetti western feel)
Linkin Park (for battle scenes)

too much sarcasm for you to handle?

realistically though, i think it should be music from the times (some of that stuff is really good!), with nice little touches from Rodriguez as well as sampling from spaghetti westerns like those used in Kill Bill Vol. 2
You get a cookie if you've seen me on Gamefaqs.

Pete
Fucking Professional

Post by Pete » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:17 pm

This conversation was pretty funny to re-read. I used to be ToothpickVicVega. That was me.

But now we know that he is in fact going to be using pop music from all over the 20th century. Not 40s music. Hes also going to be using alot of spaghetti western film scores.

VikingWithNoName
Basterd

Post by VikingWithNoName » Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:12 pm

toothpick_vic_vega wrote: I dont think your operating on all cylinders Pulp. Kid Rock's American Badass?!! What the fu-???!! Kid fuckin Rock? HAHAHAHAHA!!!

QT will most likely not use any pop music in Bastards. Like I said, its going to be a regular movie score.

Why?

BECAUSE THE FILM TAKES PLACE IN GERMANY IN THE 1940s!! What does any of the pop music from the latter part of the century have to do with WW2? It just doesnt fit, no matter how you twist it, it just aint right.

Just think about it: Your watching a World War 2 film, a bunch of guys who were probably born in the early 1900s are fighting a group of Nazi's or whatever, then all of a sudden the beginning beats to Walk Like an Egyptian start playing on the soundtrack, wouldn't you be like: WHAT THE FUCK?!! THIS IS 1940s not 1986!!!   I would. The retro music works in a contemporary film, like in Dogs, Pulp or Jackie, but you can't put new music in an older era film. It just doesnt fit that time period. The world was a much different place.

Noone said when QT started directing that he had to put a pop music soundtrack in every film he makes. Its not always necessary. You gotta expand your mind and stop thinking inside a box dude. Just look at KILL BILL, QT has RZA and Lars working on a score for that too. I think this film will be a step in a new direction in that area.

He can still use that kind of music as score.
The Tunehunter. I love my nickname just becouse i have earned it.

Lone Mutt
Real McCoy

Post by Lone Mutt » Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:39 pm

the guys who are whining and bitching about which music should and shouldnt be used (blah blah blah, cry cry cry), shut up. Quentin has the best soundtracks for his films, just relax and wait until the movie comes out...
I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it - Clint Eastwood