The Tarantino Soundtrack Influence

Have you noticed what a deep impact Tarantino’s soundtrack decisions had?

since Pulp Fiction, “Girl you’ll be a woman soon” is heard everywhere. Since Reservoir Dogs, “Stuck in the middle with you” is a hit AGAIN. And From Dusk Till Dawn made Tito&Tarantula famous.

the Soundrack CDs for each of Quentin’s films are all commercial successes, not only due to the films but due to the fact that they are basically great compilations of good music, given a revival by QT.

I think the impact of Tarantino-used soundtracks is far too underestimated.

But still, I think that episode has ended, because Kill Bill will be totally different

[quote]
the Soundrack CDs for each of Quentin’s films are all commercial successes, not only due to the films but due to the fact that they are basically great compilations of good music, given a revival by QT.

I think the impact of Tarantino-used soundtracks is far too underestimated.
[/quote]

Every other company uses Miserlou for their commercials. And Ive heard Jungle Boogie used for a bunch of commercials and movie trailers too.

QT is one of those dudes that has a real respect and affection for forgotten movies, movie actors/directors and musicians that never got their due. Thanks to him hes brought alot of them back into the Pop Culture limelight. Very cool indeed.

[quote=“WinslowLeach”]
[quote]
Every other company uses Miserlou for their commercials. And Ive heard Jungle Boogie used for a bunch of commercials and movie trailers too.
[/quote]

The new Jaguar commercial has “Battle without Honor and Humanity” playing over it.

I also heard BWHAH playing numerous times (Along with “Summertime Killer”) during the Olympics. Most notably during the athletes’ profiles.

I think “Miserlou” still plays on a Dominoe’s commercial.[/quote]

I hear the music from Kill Bill al the time here in the UK, whether it be during a football match, an advert or in a tv programme.

"I hear the music from Kill Bill al the time here in the UK"

Which song from KB? I know there’s a car company that used the “Ode To O’Ren” song by the RZA in a commercial over in America.

Well many different songs from the film.

Before some football matches start, they put on Battle Without Honor Or Humanity.

There is a Carlsberg advert that plays Woo Hoo.

Fuck, I can’t remember anymore, but there are loads of instances when I hear songs from Kill Bill. Anyone else from the UK care to add anything?

Nope, but from germany.

They also play battle without honour and humanity on some fucked up music station called VIVA

And i think i also heard a little bit of santa esmeralda in a commercial :wink:

Here they use Woo Hoo in a commercial. And I’ve heard Jungle Boogie, Miserlou and Let’s Stay Together a while ago in commercials.

theres a commercial in belgium with a guy playing the misirlou ringtone in the supermarket and everybody goes crazy or something, i dont know, i only use 1/500 of my brain while watching commercials

here in germany every stupid TV trailer uses kill bill soundtrack, its used as jingle everywhere. Daily. :wink:

battle without honour is played here at TV sometimes…often related to sports.

Battle/Humanity is also used on a promo for BET (Black Entertainment Television)

[quote=“Vince_Vega”]
Here they use Woo Hoo in a commercial.
[/quote]

Yeah I just saw one a minute ago. I didn’t catch what they were advertising, but it had something to do with a kid playing baseball. The 5,6,7,8’s version of “Woo Hoo” was used.

2004 was the year of “use every kill bill song in every stupid tv clip possible”. it was annyoing

[quote=“Tarantino Forum Admin”]
2004 was the year of “use every kill bill song in every stupid tv clip possible”. it was annyoing
[/quote]

True dat

As expected, “Battle/Humanity” is playing all over the Superbowl.

ergh, I was in my mothers car the other day, and on her awful radiostation (you know, those ones for ‘families’, by which they mean over 40’s, where they play mediocore generic songs by Jessica Simpson and Kylie Mannnoe…*shudders) they have this competion called “Kill Bill” where they play the feature tune from the movie while they call up listeners and tell them that they’ve "killed’ there $500 electricity bill or whatever…it was truly horrible and sacralige on that music…

btw here’s a nice article on Arab influence on 60s/70s music, very interesting:

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.alternet.org/story/109842/th … rab_music/”>http://www.alternet.org/story/109842/the_sounds_of_the_'60s:_how_dick_dale,_the_doors,_and_dylan_swayed_to_arab_music/</LINK_TEXT>

Thank you for sharing it.

“It’s funny,” Dale tells me. "He gave a note to my bass player and said, ‘I’m Quentin Tarantino; I want to talk to Dick Dale.’ And my bass player didn’t know who he was, so he threw the note away.

hehe

I’m currently watching the Orlando/Boston game (NBA playoffs, for those overseas) The “Vengeance Theme” (Ironside/Kill Bill) is played outloud whenever there’s a bad foul call.

Yes, the influence is still going strong.