My Tarantino Compilation. (advice?)

Ok,I made this compilation of Tarantino’s finest tunes on the soundtracks.I also made a quick cover but never mind that,here’s the tracklisting,tell me what you think is missing.

1-Pumpkin & Huneybunny/Misirlou (Dick Dale)

2-Litle Green Bag (George Baker Selection)

3-Madonna Speech (Tarantino)

4-Don’t Let Me Be Misunderstood (Santa Esmeralda)

5-Dark Night (The Blasters)

6-The Flower Of Carnage (Meiko Kaji)

7-Bring Out The Gimp / Comanche (The Revels)

8-Bang Bang (Nancy Sinatra)

9-Coconut (Harry Nilsson)

10-Royal With Cheese (Samuel L.Jackson & Travolta)

11-Jungle Boogie (Kool & The Gang)

12-Stuck In The Middle With You (Stealers Wheel)

13-Across 110th Street (Bobby Womack)

14-Jack Rabbit Slim’s/You Never Can Tell (Chuck Berry)

15-Rumble (Link Wray and his Wraymen)

16-Let’s Stay Togheter (All Green)

17-Son Of A Preacher Man (Dusty Springfield)

18-Surfrider (The Lively ones)

19-Bustin’ Surfboards (The Tornadoes)

20-Girl,You’ll Be A Woman Soon (Urge Overkill)

21-Out Of Limits (Marketts)

22-Ezekiël 25:17 (Samuel L. Jackson)

23-The Lonely Sheperd (Zamfir)

Only 1 Jackie Brown tune?

You need “Didnt I blow your mind” in there somewhere. “Strawberry Letter #23” is also worth mentioning since it appeared in 2 of his movies.

I’d ditch “Bustin’ Surfboards” and “Flower of Carnage” for “Flowers on the Wall” and “Battle without Honor or Compassion.” But that’s just me…

[quote]Only 1 Jackie Brown tune?

You need “Didnt I blow your mind” in there somewhere. “Strawberry Letter #23” is also worth mentioning since it appeared in 2 of his movies.

[/quote]

Hmmm idd…how could I forget…but I think the Jackie brown OST was kinda lame,that’s probable why I didn’t pay much attention to it…

[quote]I’d ditch “Bustin’ Surfboards” and “Flower of Carnage” [/quote]

You kidding?? Those or one of my favorite tunes.

You’re right about adding “Battle Without Honir Or Compassion” but “Flowers on the wall”??..Nah…

Definitely include Battle Without Honor or Humanity. Probably the most kickass song I have ever heard. How bout you just choose the songs that you dig the most, not what the others say?

Also, you could try to make a compiliation of ALL the Tarantino songs if you have the time or feel like it.

[quote]Definitely include Battle Without Honor or Humanity. Probably the most kickass song I have ever heard. How bout you just choose the songs that you dig the most, not what the others say?

Also, you could try to make a compiliation of ALL the Tarantino songs if you have the time or feel like it.[/quote]

Well,these are all the songs I like most actually......But I have to include the most popular trax also...that's why I asked.....Idd...Battle without...should definitly be in there.

If you could you should get some more dialogue samples.

Yeah I was planning to rip some dialogues myself,but don’t know wich dialogues yet…Maybe the Jules-Ringo dialogue with the Bad Motherfucker Wallet or sumthin’…

Maybe something good from the other ones. A good Kill Bill one would be cool, maybe something form Vol. 2.

O or the Louis and Melanie dialogue wrere at the end Melanie asks "Wanna fuck?"

That’ll be great… ;D

Another song you dont have that tarantino liked was Twisted Nerve by Bernard Herrmann. just my suggestion

Hey, I like this cd-cover. Can I get it in the real cd-format size, please? That would be very fine, thanks :slight_smile: .

[quote]Hey, I like this cd-cover. Can I get it in the real cd-format size, please? That would be very fine, thanks :slight_smile: .[/quote]

Thanx for the compliment,just take this cover here,just resize it a litle.

And about the “twisted Nerve” tune…nah…I hated that song…it realy gets on your nerves…

Yeah, but I don’t know the exact high- and wideness of a typical and normal CD-cover in pixels, so I’m a bit afraid of print it. Is this cover in the original CD cover size?

“Twisted Nerve” is a great song and its brilliant in Volume 1 in the Elle Driver scene, but on a Tarantino’s greatest compilation I would take some other Kill Bill songs. Battle without…, don’t let me be misunderstood, bang bag, that certain female, grand duel and the isaac hayes song are absolutely brilliant and very good for a Tarantin’ian best of on CD.

Did you made the cover in Photoshop? How did you do that blood stuff?

[quote]Did you made the cover in Photoshop? How did you do that blood stuff?[/quote]

Just create a thick red border and play around alitle with the “liquify” tool,and then to create some effects simply use “Bevel and Emboss” wich is located in your layerstyles on the layer pallet (The litle “F” in the bottom left corner).

[quote]Yeah, but I don’t know the exact high- and wideness of a typical and normal CD-cover in pixels, so I’m a bit afraid of print it. Is this cover in the original CD cover size? [/quote]

Me neither but I have this program called “Easy CD Creator” where I create my booklets with etc…

You should d-load a god program,there are lots of’m.

Yeah,maybe I’ll make a double disc.set with on disc two some extra joints from movies like “Desperado” “Kill Bill 2” “FDTD” “True Romance” “NBK” etc…Only problem is I don’t have those soundtracks,any of you guys know some good songs from these soundtracks??

The best songs from the “Desperado” soundtrack are “Back to the House” and “Strange Face” by Tito & Tarantula. My favorites from “From Dusk Till Dawn” are Tito & Tarantula’s “Angry Cockroaches” and “After Dark”, The Blasters’ “Dark Night” and ZZ Top’s “She’s just killing me”. And from “True Romance” I love the song “Graceland”. But for “Kill Bill: Vol. 2” I would wait till the official soundtrack gets released. Than pick out your favorites. That’s what I gonna do.

[quote]

Just create a thick red border and play around alitle with the “liquify” tool,and then to create some effects simply use “Bevel and Emboss” wich is located in your layerstyles on the layer pallet (The litle “F” in the bottom left corner).

Me neither but I have this program called “Easy CD Creator” where I create my booklets with etc…

Yeah,maybe I’ll make a double disc.set with on disc two some extra joints from movies like “Desperado” “Kill Bill 2” “FDTD” “True Romance” “NBK” etc…Only problem is I don’t have those soundtracks,any of you guys know some good songs from these soundtracks??
[/quote]

How to make this thick red border? I just get my version of Photoshop and I have no idea how to make a cover :smiley: cause I ever used Paint Shop Pro.

[quote]

[/quote]

Thanks, I got it now.

[quote]

How to make this thick red border? I just get my version of Photoshop and I have no idea how to make a cover :smiley: cause I ever used Paint Shop Pro.[/quote]

I did it like this: let’s say you’ll have an empty image with weith 400 pixels and hight 300 pixels, than you create a new layer, you select half of it and that half do you make red, than you choose filter->liquify and the rest is easy.