Anyone get Four Rooms DVD just for QT's part?

This topic is for everything about Four Rooms, including DVD and soundtrack
Mr_Black

Anyone get Four Rooms DVD just for QT's part?

Post by Mr_Black » Tue Jul 09, 2002 12:28 am

I did. While Robert Rodriguez's one was pretty good, the other 2 sucked. ALOT.

SpongebobDurden

Re: Anyone get Four Rooms DVD just for QT's part?

Post by SpongebobDurden » Fri Jul 12, 2002 4:17 am

Robert Rodriguez's segment was sublimely funny the first time I watched it.  QT's segment is great too, the funniest part is that it is based on the only episode I had ever seen on Hitchcock presents.  That was wierd to see it the first time and realize that I had seen that show when I was a kid.

Sebastian
Inglourious Basterd

Post by Sebastian » Fri Jul 12, 2002 1:56 pm

i think the whole shitty thing about Four Rooms is, that the 4 directors didn't get together and talk about the script. i mean, it doesn't come out that all the 4 different actions basically play at the same time and that Ted's basically jumping from room to room, that doesn't come out well.
the should have intercut those segments, that would have been better.

in my opinion, all segments are quite good except that Witches part. that sucked.

I bought the DVD just so. i mean, it's still 1/4 Tarantino and 1/4 Rodriguez, and all in all it's a pretty funny flick.

Toothpick_Vic_Vega

Post by Toothpick_Vic_Vega » Fri Jul 12, 2002 4:45 pm

I still havent seen Four Rooms. I dont know if Im gonna get the DVD. I have so many other movies that I want to get.

Mr.Crimson

Post by Mr.Crimson » Tue Mar 11, 2003 9:06 am

I rented it tonite  ;D Ill watch it in a lil bit edit my post so that it says if I liked it or not lol.

Dr_Gonzo

Post by Dr_Gonzo » Wed Mar 12, 2003 12:24 am

Robert Rodriguez's one was pretty good, the other 2 sucked. ALOT.
yea, that's why I didn't buy it.  And even at Best Buy the dvd was pretty expensive, so I didnt get it

zeds dead
Cowardly Lion

Post by zeds dead » Sat Dec 24, 2005 7:40 pm

Quentin Tarantino cannot act for christ sake he can only be himself. His performance was poor he could'nt even look into the camera
I'm sorry Spielberg isnt avaliable ... well then get me his nearest non union mexican equivelent ... Senor Spielbergo.

ScreamOftheButterfly

Post by ScreamOftheButterfly » Tue Mar 14, 2006 3:45 pm

Quentin is not good or bad at acting he creates his own style and his own way of film making Quentins personality sets the attitude of the scene, he is a fucking mastermind.
zeds dead wrote: Quentin Tarantino cannot act for christ sake he can only be himself. His performance was poor he could'nt even look into the camera
Last edited by ScreamOftheButterfly on Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VikingWithNoName
Basterd

Post by VikingWithNoName » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:20 am

Sebastian wrote: i think the whole shitty thing about Four Rooms is, that the 4 directors didn't get together and talk about the script. i mean, it doesn't come out that all the 4 different actions basically play at the same time and that Ted's basically jumping from room to room, that doesn't come out well.
the should have intercut those segments, that would have been better.

in my opinion, all segments are quite good except that Witches part. that sucked.
I agree.
The Tunehunter. I love my nickname just becouse i have earned it.

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:16 pm

Yep.  Allison Anders' segment was pure crap.  I skip it everytime I watch the DVD.  Alexandre Rockwell's segment is interesting and funny (i love Lawrence Bender barfing on Ted,, "Ice.  bllarrrrfff" lol), but I sometimes skip that one too.  Robert's and Quentin's make up for it though. 
"That's it.  Like my old Granddaddy used to always say, the less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect." - QT- Four Rooms

suzannahsylvian
Cowardly Lion

Post by suzannahsylvian » Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:50 pm

I also bought and watched this movie because Tim Roth is a fab actor ;)

nublob
Basterd

Post by nublob » Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:56 pm

I figure why buy it.  I can watch just about the whole thing for free on you tube.  It's not good enough to warrant me spending money on...

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:13 am

nublob wrote: I figure why buy it.  I can watch just about the whole thing for free on you tube.  It's not good enough to warrant me spending money on...
Dude...  It's seriously like 6 USD on Amazon.  Cheaper if you get it used.  Why the fuck is it not worth THAT?
"That's it.  Like my old Granddaddy used to always say, the less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect." - QT- Four Rooms

nublob
Basterd

Post by nublob » Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:40 pm

Sue me I'm cheap. I've got his other ones but not that one

Ordell Rodriguez
Fucking Professional

Post by Ordell Rodriguez » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:29 am

I bought it for QT's segment, then I really fell in love with the whole stupid thing. Tim Roth is great. At least in my top thirty flicks. A great guilty pleasure if there ever was one.
Ordell Robbie. O-R-D-E-L-L R-O-B-B-I-E. 1436 Florence Boulevard. Compton 90222.

CoryBaxter
Cowardly Lion

Post by CoryBaxter » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:30 am

I actually dug the bejeezus out of RR's "the Misbehavors" skit. I actually know the "dead fucking whore in the bed." Her name is Patricia Vonne and she is a fantastic singer/songwriter. Pretty easy on the eyes, too... for a dead chick.