Original Script

Discuss this controversial movie (and DVD stuff) in here
Post Reply
User avatar
VikingWithNoName
Basterd
Posts: 514
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:43 pm

Original Script

Post by VikingWithNoName » Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:40 am

I just read Tarantino's original script for NBK and it's a hell of a script. Much better than Oliver Stone's crappy movie( the only good thing was the closing credit sequence). However here is the link for Tarantino's script:
http://www.godamongdirectors.com/scripts/killers.shtml
The Tunehunter. I love my nickname just becouse i have earned it.

User avatar
Sebastian
Inglourious Basterd
Posts: 7838
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2000 11:00 pm
Location: Berlin, Germany
Contact:

Re: Original Script

Post by Sebastian » Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:44 am


User avatar
Noir_Fiction
Basterd
Posts: 609
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:30 am
Location: Canada

Re: Original Script

Post by Noir_Fiction » Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:37 pm

I'm a fan of NBK but for every reason but Stone. I liked JFK and Wallstreet but not much after that. His vision for the film was far to chaotic and it really prevented me from getting into the characters or even enjoying the dialogue as much as I could have. But I loved the entire cast, especially Downey, Jones, and Harrelson. Bob Richardson's cinematography was fantastic as well.

User avatar
VikingWithNoName
Basterd
Posts: 514
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:43 pm

Re: Original Script

Post by VikingWithNoName » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:17 am

Noir_Fiction wrote: I'm a fan of NBK but for every reason but Stone. I liked JFK and Wallstreet but not much after that. His vision for the film was far to chaotic and it really prevented me from getting into the characters or even enjoying the dialogue as much as I could have. But I loved the entire cast, especially Downey, Jones, and Harrelson. Bob Richardson's cinematography was fantastic as well.
If Tarantino had made it, we would have got a far darker, less violent and better movie. Stone was stoned when he made this movie. It looks like a movie by a kid who just discovered the Special Effects in iMovie. He over-use the effects and also had to made Dwight and Scagnetti psycos. The only good part is the credits. Leonard Cohen's "The Future" whould are perfect for the movie. But it whould have worked better if Tarantino made it: A dark screen after Gale being shot and a song with the words: I have seen the future brother, it is murder!
The Tunehunter. I love my nickname just becouse i have earned it.

User avatar
Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional
Posts: 3690
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:14 pm
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Contact:

Re: Original Script

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:55 am

When I first saw this film, I was deeply disappointed.  Nothing seemed right about it, and the violence wasn't operatic or cinematic, the way it was in the Tarantino script, it was just,,, glorified.  What I mean by that is, QT had it in his head what it would look like, and how it would be, and he would have done it so much more beautifully,,, but Stone just, negated it for the most part, aside from the opening sequence.  I love Platoon, but I can't say I give a fuck about anything else Stone's ever done.  He doesn't impress me in the slightest.
Last edited by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz on Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image
"That's it.  Like my old Granddaddy used to always say, the less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect." - QT- Four Rooms

User avatar
nublob
Basterd
Posts: 698
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:17 pm

Re: Original Script

Post by nublob » Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:12 pm

Oliver Stone tried to make NBK as a satire and you can't turn QT's work into a satire.  It wasn't written that way and you couldn't even use QT's work as a base to work from to turn it into a satire.  Stone just ended up with a hot sticky mess. If Stone wanted a satire he should thrown out QT's script and started fresh but Stone is too lazy and incompetent a writer to do that.

Mr.Pink

Re: Original Script

Post by Mr.Pink » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:42 am

Oliver Stone is so much better than Tarantino.  Atleast Oliver Stone has won an Academy award for one of his films unlike Quentin Tarantino.

User avatar
Cpt tonyanthony
Fucking Professional
Posts: 1441
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:03 am

Re: Original Script

Post by Cpt tonyanthony » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:00 am

nublob wrote: Oliver Stone tried to make NBK as a satire and you can't turn QT's work into a satire.  It wasn't written that way and you couldn't even use QT's work as a base to work from to turn it into a satire.  Stone just ended up with a hot sticky mess. If Stone wanted a satire he should thrown out QT's script and started fresh but Stone is too lazy and incompetent a writer to do that.
stone is a great writer... Scarface? Conan the barbarian? Year of the dragon??? Salvador? Platoon? JFK??

i think tarantino's script was already a kind of a satire. actually, i was surprised when i read it how a lot of dialog in the film were actually tarantino's. having said that the only thing i like in this film is Robert Downey Jr.
Mr.Pink wrote: Oliver Stone is so much better than Tarantino.  Atleast Oliver Stone has won an Academy award for one of his films unlike Quentin Tarantino.
you already said that, it was already stupid the first time.

User avatar
VikingWithNoName
Basterd
Posts: 514
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:43 pm

Re: Original Script

Post by VikingWithNoName » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:07 am

Cpt tonyanthony wrote: having said that the only thing i like in this film is Robert Downey Jr.
I think Woody  and Robert whould have worked in the original.
The Tunehunter. I love my nickname just becouse i have earned it.

User avatar
Cpt tonyanthony
Fucking Professional
Posts: 1441
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:03 am

Re: Original Script

Post by Cpt tonyanthony » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:16 am

very true! the scenes between them are the best. the "manson beat you" routine is super funny.

tamasg00
Cowardly Lion
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:29 am

Re: Original Script

Post by tamasg00 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:36 am

Not sure how QT would have made it, but both Woody H and Robert DJ were very good...

User avatar
Ordell Rodriguez
Fucking Professional
Posts: 1843
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:45 pm

Re: Original Script

Post by Ordell Rodriguez » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:22 am

tamasg00 wrote:Not sure how QT would have made it, but both Woody H and Robert DJ were very good...
I really liked the opening sequence but after that it was hit and miss. Me and my friends agree, the movie flies off the fucking rails once our heroes hit the Indian. Fuck.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest