the Natural Born Killers controversy

Discuss this controversial movie (and DVD stuff) in here
Angel
Fucking Professional

Re: the Natural Born Killers controversy

Post by Angel » Sat Oct 01, 2005 8:00 am

Seb (admin) wrote: i doubt he got more than 10 thousand
at least 50 thousand, it is like the least they can legally pay you and i am pretty sure i have heard somewhere that it was around 50 thousand

Snake Eyes
Basterd

Post by Snake Eyes » Fri Dec 02, 2005 5:28 am

Oliver Stone has some good films to his name but personally i didnt like natural born killers I might see it again and reexamine it because I havnt seen it for a long time and according to what most people say its worth more than just my innital impression..

the true gentleman

Post by the true gentleman » Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:22 am

yes you should watch it again, because it's one of the greatest films of the 90's and because it's one of those films where little things pop up everytime you watch it.

Snake Eyes
Basterd

Post by Snake Eyes » Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:42 am

Yeah what the hell ill watch it again.. :-\

the true gentleman

Post by the true gentleman » Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:47 am

what the hell i'll watch it again too

Snake Eyes
Basterd

Post by Snake Eyes » Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:49 am

the true gentleman wrote: what the hell i'll watch it again too
HA ha ha ha! WTF? ;D

Angel
Fucking Professional

Post by Angel » Sat Dec 03, 2005 9:08 am

i love natural born killers and i think it is a great film, but for some reason i like true romance a bit more out of the films that QT wrote but didnt direct (excluding FDTD). True romance has patricia arquette and she is so fucking cute.

Snake Eyes
Basterd

Post by Snake Eyes » Sun Dec 04, 2005 2:32 am

Angel wrote: i love natural born killers and i think it is a great film, but for some reason i like true romance a bit more out of the films that QT wrote but didnt direct (excluding FDTD). True romance has patricia arquette and she is so fucking cute.
I love True romance for the above, and because Christopher Walken is such a bad ass..

Angel
Fucking Professional

Post by Angel » Sun Dec 04, 2005 6:21 am

teh walken/hopper exchange is one of the greatest Tarantino moments, even though he didnt even direct it, you can just see it in his writing

clarence and alabama were a better couple than mickey and mallory in my opinion

Simple Susie

Post by Simple Susie » Sat Dec 24, 2005 9:30 am

Angel wrote: clarence and alabama were a better couple than mickey and mallory in my opinion
i think mickey and mallory are much cooler in a crazed fantasy kinda way and woody harrelson played mickey like he was him wich is a good thing when acting.

i also think they should have casted some one else for Clarence

Ify
Fucking Professional

Post by Ify » Sat Dec 24, 2005 11:16 pm

Rambler666 wrote: woody harrelson played mickey like he was him wich is a good thing when acting.
Isn't that what acting is all about though?

"Movies are my religion and God is my patron. I'm lucky enough to be in the position where I don't make movies to pay for my pool. When I make a movie, I want it to be everything to me; like I would die for it." - QT

Simple Susie

Post by Simple Susie » Sun Dec 25, 2005 5:42 am

YES!

sonia_tarantino

Post by sonia_tarantino » Wed Jan 04, 2006 2:43 pm

"Good gravy Marie!"

I have always been wondering  what the hell did they do to the original Tarantino's script to NBK. It should have been a vision made by Tarantino and Vossler (hmm...Tarantino) under the influence of Badlans and similar films. I know the names are definitely Tarantinoes (Mickey (Mickey Rourke) and Knox - a sawn off version of Knoxville, Tennessee - home of his grand parents), but the story ???. Tarantino was never impressed with the Native American element and the f*ckin' demons :P (and Stone, hm...was). They have obviously messed with the script for reasons that are clearly not known to anyone except monsieur Oliver ;D.

Sebastian
Inglourious Basterd

Post by Sebastian » Fri Jan 13, 2006 12:34 pm

here's an article i just stumbled upon

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr/co ... 1001843484

Bad Lieutenant
Cowardly Lion

Post by Bad Lieutenant » Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:31 pm

The Seb wrote: i doubt he got more than 10 thousand
He got $450.000,- for it. It's in the book 'Quentin Tarantino: The Man and His Movies' by Jami Bernard. He kind of 'lost' the screenplay, like a kid loses a marble and subsequently moped in the exact same manner a kid would when losing said marble. That's why he settled for a 'story by' credit instead of a screen writer credit. He shouldn't bitch about the movie, that's spitting in the well that you drink from. When you sell your precious Rolls Royce and the buyer sets it on fire, don't complain.
Last edited by Bad Lieutenant on Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tristan
Basterd

Post by Tristan » Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:46 am

what about that line from Kill bill:
(Bill)-"You're a natural born killer."

I think QT may have changed his mind.
Kinda cute, kinda hot, kinda sexy and hysterically funny but not funny-looking signature which you could laugh at

Tls321
Kiddo

Post by Tls321 » Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:40 pm

People have got to remember this is before Quentin made it big with R. Dogs, He sold NBK b/c he got tired of the script, and he sold True Romance to raise money for R. Dogs. When you're a stuggling writer, you might do some crazy things. Personally I haven't seen or do I want to see NBK, it could be a great movie, I don't know. But I would like to see QT do a "remake" of it and use his script.
Travis Strickland B.M.F.

VikingWithNoName
Basterd

Post by VikingWithNoName » Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:06 pm

Tristan wrote: what about that line from Kill bill:
(Bill)-"You're a natural born killer."

I think QT may have changed his mind.
He came up with that word(Natural Born Killer).
The Tunehunter. I love my nickname just becouse i have earned it.

VikingWithNoName
Basterd

Post by VikingWithNoName » Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:07 pm

Tls321 wrote: People have got to remember this is before Quentin made it big with R. Dogs, He sold NBK b/c he got tired of the script, and he sold True Romance to raise money for R. Dogs. When you're a stuggling writer, you might do some crazy things. Personally I haven't seen or do I want to see NBK, it could be a great movie, I don't know. But I would like to see QT do a "remake" of it and use his script.
First, Stone raped Tarantino's script. Then, he raped the soundtrack.
I f i ever do a remake, i will re-do NBK the way Tarantino wanted. It was good as it was. The only good thing Stone did was putting Leonard Cohen's "The Future" over the closing credits.
The Tunehunter. I love my nickname just becouse i have earned it.

nublob
Basterd

Post by nublob » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:12 pm

Please no NBK remakes. Let it die.. NBK was so awful I don't think I could bring myself to watch a remake even it was true to the original script..

Ify
Fucking Professional

Post by Ify » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:38 pm

Yeah it really was excruciating to watch. It's one of only a handful of films where I was so repulsed that I thought about not finishing off watching it. But I forced myself to, so that I could at least say I have watched it and genuinely be able to say I hated it. That TV show segment was absolutely awful. I looked back at this thread trying to find the post I made after I had watched it where I talk more about this, but I think it's elewhere.

"Movies are my religion and God is my patron. I'm lucky enough to be in the position where I don't make movies to pay for my pool. When I make a movie, I want it to be everything to me; like I would die for it." - QT

Mr.Pink

Post by Mr.Pink » Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:20 am

You have to watch NBK alot of times to understand that its a masterpiece

Kinick
Fucking Professional

Post by Kinick » Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:32 pm

NBK...not my favourite QT-related movie by along shot. I believe he could have made something more entertaining out of this during his hot streak when he told great stories (RD, PF & TR). Even though what stoned turned it into was still interesting and watchable at least twice. haha

tglonj1
Cowardly Lion

Post by tglonj1 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:26 am

I liked NBK, but I didn't know at the time it was QT's script.
In retrospect I think it's still a great movie. But I wouldn't think of it as a QT movie.
In my view, if you sell something, you give up your rights to it (unless you specify it otherwise in the contract), So, QT has the right to be pissed, but that's just his opinion among many others.