What if QT made NBK

Discuss this controversial movie (and DVD stuff) in here
Mr.Blonde

What if QT made NBK

Post by Mr.Blonde » Tue Jul 08, 2003 11:02 am

What do you think what would happen if QT made Natural Born Killers? Like for example, who would he cast differenttly and what would he do differently?
Last edited by Mr.Blonde on Sun Sep 12, 2004 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mickey_Worley

Re: Wha if QT made NBK

Post by Mickey_Worley » Tue Jul 08, 2003 11:09 am

He woulda stuck to the fuckin' script like Ollie S. shoulda.

We'd have a whole, cohesive "American Maniacs" segment (which I always thought was the most intersting part of the original script).

There'd be no stupid fuckin' laugh track, no weird fuckin' "far out" bullshit, no "I see horses frothin' at the mouth" crap from Mallory, no MTV inspired garbage, no "I must make every movie I'm involved with a metaphor for life" crap...NONE OF THAT SHIT!  Fuckin' Oliver Stone...

M.W.

At least that over-rated fuck had the good sense to stick with original ending...

mysterio

Post by mysterio » Tue Jul 08, 2003 10:53 pm

It would of been much better

bullet_tooth_tony

Post by bullet_tooth_tony » Tue Jul 08, 2003 11:01 pm

The only thing I'd want to stay the same is Robert Downey Jr. as Wayne Gale.  Can't imagine anyone doing the role better.

Mr-White

Post by Mr-White » Mon Aug 04, 2003 7:30 am

i think it would've been better than it is now, but i didn't like NBK too much. if he did make it, i probably still wouldnt like it. the story doesn't appeal to me.

Sebastian
Inglourious Basterd

Post by Sebastian » Mon Aug 04, 2003 1:50 pm

what's if the world was a disc?

hey, QT didn't make NBK. End of story.

Premiere
Hard Drinker

Post by Premiere » Wed Aug 06, 2003 12:37 am

I wish Quentin could have made NBK.  As much as the final film is interesting in an arty sort of way, the Quentin script is better.  I think it would have been a better movie to be honest.
My CD collection: here
My DVD collection:here

ezekiel_25-17

Post by ezekiel_25-17 » Wed Aug 06, 2003 6:29 am

if QT directed it, i would hope that he change around the lame-ass super-market scene with the green tints that appear after every other shot. that, plus the constantly diagonol camera angles gave off a "cheesy-as-hell" kinda vibe. he should have directed it himself.

Tha_WOLF

Post by Tha_WOLF » Wed Sep 24, 2003 3:06 am

I fuckin' hate that motherfucker Oliver Stone, I wish he was fuckin' dead. If QT directed NBK, I guarantee that it would have been a kick ass movie. Everybody saying, who cares, and drop it, needs to read the script, because Oliver Stone butchered the shit out of it. QT would have put his original style film amking stamp on it and it would have been a masterpiece.

Holiday

Post by Holiday » Thu Sep 25, 2003 3:49 am

Why on earth would you wish someones death, much less hate someone for making a film? Not too cool.

That said, I think it would be a much better film, but, as he won't make it, it is ok the way it is.

mysterio

Post by mysterio » Thu Sep 25, 2003 8:21 pm

I saw it in the theatres when it came out and didn't mind it.

Then i saw KALIFORNIA and thought it could of been more like that.

Note Juliette Lewis in both movies

Anyhow - Oliver Stone has made movies I like.

However, when I bought NBK on DVD a year ago I put it in and then pulled it out and sold it.

J86enterprises

Post by J86enterprises » Sun Sep 28, 2003 1:56 am

I like the Oliver Stone version, and if Quentin directed it, it would've been a completely different kind of movie. The only thing is I wish Oliver Stone had left in the courtroom scene and kept in one of the funniest lines in the script, something like:

Wayne Gayle (pretending one of his crew is Mickey): So Mickey, killing Mallory's parents...what the fuck was that all about?

bostonian

Post by bostonian » Sat Nov 08, 2003 5:54 am

I DON'T KNOW IF YOU GUYS KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT MOVIES IF YOU HATE OLIVER STONE THAT MUCH. LOOK AT WHAT HES WRITTEN AND DIRECTED FOR THE SCREEN:JUST WROTE: MIDNIGHT EXPRESS, SCARFACE, BOTH: PLATOON,WALL STREET, JFK, BORN ON THE 4TH OF JULY, NIXON, U-TURN, ANY GIVEN SUNDAY.
THIS LIST IS AS GOOD IF NOT BETTER THAN ANY FILMMAKER WHOSE EVER WALKED GODS GREEN EARTH INCLUDING QT.
JFK WAS A LANDMARK OF AMREICAN FIMMAKING.

Bullet

Post by Bullet » Sat Nov 08, 2003 7:56 pm

PLEASE CALM DOWN AND TURN YOUR CAPS LOCK OFF. Qt would have made another great film if he didn't fuck himself over with Oilver stone.
From what I've heard Qt got into a fight with a producer because he hated it THAT badly.

DeniseDevotchka

Post by DeniseDevotchka » Sat Nov 08, 2003 10:15 pm

Oliver Stone tried way too hard to make it 'modern' and 'meaningful.' And I'd say, in my opinion, the critical fault was indeed the casting. For one, I can't stand Juliette Lewis. Woody Harrelson's alright, but not really for this role. I liked Robert Downey Jr, though, and I loved Sizemore as Scagnetti. I'm glad QT told Michael Madsen not to take the role of Mickey, because, while it would have been better than Harrelson, Stone fucked up the script too much.

IL_Buono

Post by IL_Buono » Sun Nov 16, 2003 12:18 am

if Tarantino would have made it, then it wouldn't fuckin sucked ass like Oliver Stone's version does. fuck Oliver Stone, he makes shit like U-Turn

Bullet

Post by Bullet » Sun Nov 16, 2003 12:35 am

I know
Thats the whole fuckin point of this topic. Nbk had potential but we end up getting fucked over by its bullshit.
Last edited by Bullet on Sun Nov 16, 2003 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

mr._orange

Post by mr._orange » Sun Nov 16, 2003 8:16 am

i didnt mind stones but i like tarantinos script 10X more

festus_taint

Post by festus_taint » Sun Nov 16, 2003 8:53 am

I've never read the Tarantino script, so in all honesty I can only reason how his script was by the story, deleted scenes that I know he wrote, and Qt's style contrasted with Stones.
That said I'm one of the few who loves Natural Born Killers the movie, I think it's entertaining, very creative, and a landmark film.  I can understand why some hate it though, I did the first time I saw it, but later grew to love it.  As far as where the movie stands up against QT's, I think it's really the only one of Stone's that is as good as most of Tarantino's.
Now if Tarantino directed the movie with his own script I would probably love the movie just as much, but it would be a totally different movie (script or not, the style would be completely opposite).  I think alot of you are forgeting that these two are totally different directors, who make totally different movies, but both are original and exceptional in thier own ways.
Now as far as Tarantino being pissed, I understand that, but there is probably alot of personal baggage in that.  If you invested your hard time in a story and in the characters, and basically had to sell it to some guy who decides that story doesn't suit his style, and to change everything around, you'd be a little pissed too.  But as a director is it really  a good thing to go shot by shot what someone else wrote down, when you personally feel it should be in another direction.  Obviously Stone loved enough aspects of the screenplay to make the movie (I bet it's probably one of his favorites), but he's got to make his movie not QT's.

I also think most of the deleted scenes should be in the movie, like the Hun bros, Mickey in the courthouse,Dennis Leary.  The length wouldn't have mattered to me.

Cherry_Licker

Post by Cherry_Licker » Mon Nov 17, 2003 8:34 am

Ok, so I finally saw this (was playing on CineMax, otherwise I probably NEVER wouldhave seen it) but while most of the style of the film I felt were VEEEEEEEEEEEEERY cliched and almost indie student film like......I liked the film somewhat.

A few things first; the opening sequence in Tarantino's script is great......when I read it I envisioned the whole diner sequence BEAUTIFULLY.........but in Stone's FILM I def think he fucked that part up. He made it too fast............it needed to calm down. Its afucking diner, not a stripclub.

I hated all the fucking transitions from black and white to color...1. Because it was unnecessary 2. It was out of place 3. IT had not fucking meaning whatsoever.

Some of the film was waaaay to fucking surreal. Its like Stone was trying to be Lynch...making it weird....but he failed.

I hated all the different filters........the music choice was dark and creepy and cool......

I liked the supermarket scene...where Mickey is being beaten by the cops......I loved that scene.....

The camera work was retarded as hell.....once again Stone was going for a Lynch "Twin Peaks" feel.....everyshot has to look crooked....I thought it wasstupid and made it look studentfilmish.

Tom Sizemore was great as always.

I didn't like Wayne Gale.....his accent was too distracting......I prefer Downey's REAL voice.

The prison riot was pretty fun.....liked that.

THough I still think Tarantino's version would be soo much more fucking cool.....Tarantino's style is so much better.

Oh, and in the motel room I liked the TV in the window....that was interesting.......but Stone is an ego bastard....why the hell was he showcasing a film HE WROTE on the motel TV room ? (Scarface)

Tha'd be like in one of Tarantinos next films he shows Kill Bill being played on a TV....

festus_taint

Post by festus_taint » Mon Nov 17, 2003 9:18 am

I agree on the Ego thing.

Has anyone ever seen Stone's Wild Palms that he did for TV., theres a scene in there that has someone interviewing Stone on the TV.  It goes something like this.

Interviewer :   Today we're talking to Oliver Stone, acclaimed director of such classics as Platoon, and JFK, Now as it turns out Oliver you were right about JFK, weren't you.

Stone:  Well yes I was...........

I thought it was kindof cool but it just demonstrates his ego.

IL_Buono

Post by IL_Buono » Tue Nov 18, 2003 2:47 am

I know
Thats the whole fuckin point of this topic. Nbk had potential but we end up getting fucked over by its bullshit.
You need to stop questioning me, punk

Futher_Mucker

Post by Futher_Mucker » Mon Dec 01, 2003 2:38 am

what's if the world was a disc?

hey, QT didn't make NBK. End of story.
{hearty laughter} ... now why don't we all go out and loose our viriginity?

mr._orange

Post by mr._orange » Thu Dec 04, 2003 3:39 am

good idea

Bullet

Post by Bullet » Thu Dec 04, 2003 4:03 am

{hearty laughter} ... now why don't we all go out and loose our viriginity?
What the fuck are you talking about? And don't sarcastically post I meant losing the virginity, what the hell were you talking about?

IL_Buono

Post by IL_Buono » Thu Dec 04, 2003 11:56 pm

I found my virginity yesterday :)

Mr.Blonde

Post by Mr.Blonde » Sun Dec 07, 2003 4:10 am

I fuckin' hate that motherfucker Oliver Stone, I wish he was fuckin' dead. If QT directed NBK, I guarantee that it would have been a kick ass movie. Everybody saying, who cares, and drop it, needs to read the script, because Oliver Stone butchered the shit out of it. QT would have put his original style film amking stamp on it and it would have been a masterpiece.
That is a bit extreme.Calm down

Vince_effing_Vega

Post by Vince_effing_Vega » Sun Dec 07, 2003 9:52 am

if qt made natural born killers i do not believe it would be any better then the nbk we all know....i loved the way oliver did nbk and im surprised that qt didnt love it, its so amazing, plus the cast was completely perfect i thought....i mean woody harrelson (great part for him) tommy lee jones (i found amazing in it) robert downey jr. (best out of all of em in the movie) and tom sizemore (one of my favorite actors)...

qt has made much better movies then oliver stones nbk but to say qt would have made this movie better is doubtful. yes the movie is long and drug out and takes awhile to get to the point but when it actually gets to the point its so amazing
once again...
i loved this movie

Tha_WOLF

Post by Tha_WOLF » Thu Dec 11, 2003 8:57 pm

That is a bit extreme.Calm down
I am an extreme motherfucker. When it comes to NBK, I wish his death, but I like the bulk of his films. I love Platoon, Wallstreet, Born on the 4th, and JFK, but I hated NBK. I read the script and he should have not taked it out of the writers hands, and then shit on it, he should have followed it more closely, and filmed it parallel to the writing. I wish his death everytime I see NBK on tv, but when I see Platoon on, I praise him. You know where I am getting at. FUCK NBK.

festus_taint

Post by festus_taint » Fri Dec 12, 2003 3:27 am

Personally I think platoon sucks
JFK good but slow
u-Turn is kick ass
The Doors is Kick ass
NBK as a film, and A film alone (I've never read Tarantinos script) as a stand alone movie with no Tarantino baggage whatsoever is outstanding.

Stone's most aclaimed movies I feel to be trash though