What if QT made NBK

What do you think what would happen if QT made Natural Born Killers? Like for example, who would he cast differenttly and what would he do differently?

He woulda stuck to the fuckin’ script like Ollie S. shoulda.

We’d have a whole, cohesive “American Maniacs” segment (which I always thought was the most intersting part of the original script).

There’d be no stupid fuckin’ laugh track, no weird fuckin’ “far out” bullshit, no “I see horses frothin’ at the mouth” crap from Mallory, no MTV inspired garbage, no “I must make every movie I’m involved with a metaphor for life” crap…NONE OF THAT SHIT! Fuckin’ Oliver Stone…

M.W.

At least that over-rated fuck had the good sense to stick with original ending…

It would of been much better

The only thing I’d want to stay the same is Robert Downey Jr. as Wayne Gale. Can’t imagine anyone doing the role better.

i think it would’ve been better than it is now, but i didn’t like NBK too much. if he did make it, i probably still wouldnt like it. the story doesn’t appeal to me.

what’s if the world was a disc?

hey, QT didn’t make NBK. End of story.

I wish Quentin could have made NBK. As much as the final film is interesting in an arty sort of way, the Quentin script is better. I think it would have been a better movie to be honest.

if QT directed it, i would hope that he change around the lame-ass super-market scene with the green tints that appear after every other shot. that, plus the constantly diagonol camera angles gave off a “cheesy-as-hell” kinda vibe. he should have directed it himself.

I fuckin’ hate that motherfucker Oliver Stone, I wish he was fuckin’ dead. If QT directed NBK, I guarantee that it would have been a kick ass movie. Everybody saying, who cares, and drop it, needs to read the script, because Oliver Stone butchered the shit out of it. QT would have put his original style film amking stamp on it and it would have been a masterpiece.

Why on earth would you wish someones death, much less hate someone for making a film? Not too cool.

That said, I think it would be a much better film, but, as he won’t make it, it is ok the way it is.

I saw it in the theatres when it came out and didn’t mind it.

Then i saw KALIFORNIA and thought it could of been more like that.

Note Juliette Lewis in both movies

Anyhow - Oliver Stone has made movies I like.

However, when I bought NBK on DVD a year ago I put it in and then pulled it out and sold it.

I like the Oliver Stone version, and if Quentin directed it, it would’ve been a completely different kind of movie. The only thing is I wish Oliver Stone had left in the courtroom scene and kept in one of the funniest lines in the script, something like:

Wayne Gayle (pretending one of his crew is Mickey): So Mickey, killing Mallory’s parents…what the fuck was that all about?

I DON’T KNOW IF YOU GUYS KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT MOVIES IF YOU HATE OLIVER STONE THAT MUCH. LOOK AT WHAT HES WRITTEN AND DIRECTED FOR THE SCREEN:JUST WROTE: MIDNIGHT EXPRESS, SCARFACE, BOTH: PLATOON,WALL STREET, JFK, BORN ON THE 4TH OF JULY, NIXON, U-TURN, ANY GIVEN SUNDAY.

THIS LIST IS AS GOOD IF NOT BETTER THAN ANY FILMMAKER WHOSE EVER WALKED GODS GREEN EARTH INCLUDING QT.

JFK WAS A LANDMARK OF AMREICAN FIMMAKING.

PLEASE CALM DOWN AND TURN YOUR CAPS LOCK OFF. Qt would have made another great film if he didn’t fuck himself over with Oilver stone.

From what I’ve heard Qt got into a fight with a producer because he hated it THAT badly.

Oliver Stone tried way too hard to make it ‘modern’ and ‘meaningful.’ And I’d say, in my opinion, the critical fault was indeed the casting. For one, I can’t stand Juliette Lewis. Woody Harrelson’s alright, but not really for this role. I liked Robert Downey Jr, though, and I loved Sizemore as Scagnetti. I’m glad QT told Michael Madsen not to take the role of Mickey, because, while it would have been better than Harrelson, Stone fucked up the script too much.

if Tarantino would have made it, then it wouldn’t fuckin sucked ass like Oliver Stone’s version does. fuck Oliver Stone, he makes shit like U-Turn

I know

Thats the whole fuckin point of this topic. Nbk had potential but we end up getting fucked over by its bullshit.

i didnt mind stones but i like tarantinos script 10X more

I’ve never read the Tarantino script, so in all honesty I can only reason how his script was by the story, deleted scenes that I know he wrote, and Qt’s style contrasted with Stones.

That said I’m one of the few who loves Natural Born Killers the movie, I think it’s entertaining, very creative, and a landmark film. I can understand why some hate it though, I did the first time I saw it, but later grew to love it. As far as where the movie stands up against QT’s, I think it’s really the only one of Stone’s that is as good as most of Tarantino’s.

Now if Tarantino directed the movie with his own script I would probably love the movie just as much, but it would be a totally different movie (script or not, the style would be completely opposite). I think alot of you are forgeting that these two are totally different directors, who make totally different movies, but both are original and exceptional in thier own ways.

Now as far as Tarantino being pissed, I understand that, but there is probably alot of personal baggage in that. If you invested your hard time in a story and in the characters, and basically had to sell it to some guy who decides that story doesn’t suit his style, and to change everything around, you’d be a little pissed too. But as a director is it really a good thing to go shot by shot what someone else wrote down, when you personally feel it should be in another direction. Obviously Stone loved enough aspects of the screenplay to make the movie (I bet it’s probably one of his favorites), but he’s got to make his movie not QT’s.

I also think most of the deleted scenes should be in the movie, like the Hun bros, Mickey in the courthouse,Dennis Leary. The length wouldn’t have mattered to me.

Ok, so I finally saw this (was playing on CineMax, otherwise I probably NEVER wouldhave seen it) but while most of the style of the film I felt were VEEEEEEEEEEEEERY cliched and almost indie student film like…I liked the film somewhat.

A few things first; the opening sequence in Tarantino’s script is great…when I read it I envisioned the whole diner sequence BEAUTIFULLY…but in Stone’s FILM I def think he fucked that part up. He made it too fast…it needed to calm down. Its afucking diner, not a stripclub.

I hated all the fucking transitions from black and white to color…1. Because it was unnecessary 2. It was out of place 3. IT had not fucking meaning whatsoever.

Some of the film was waaaay to fucking surreal. Its like Stone was trying to be Lynch…making it weird…but he failed.

I hated all the different filters…the music choice was dark and creepy and cool…

I liked the supermarket scene…where Mickey is being beaten by the cops…I loved that scene…

The camera work was retarded as hell…once again Stone was going for a Lynch “Twin Peaks” feel…everyshot has to look crooked…I thought it wasstupid and made it look studentfilmish.

Tom Sizemore was great as always.

I didn’t like Wayne Gale…his accent was too distracting…I prefer Downey’s REAL voice.

The prison riot was pretty fun…liked that.

THough I still think Tarantino’s version would be soo much more fucking cool…Tarantino’s style is so much better.

Oh, and in the motel room I liked the TV in the window…that was interesting…but Stone is an ego bastard…why the hell was he showcasing a film HE WROTE on the motel TV room ? (Scarface)

Tha’d be like in one of Tarantinos next films he shows Kill Bill being played on a TV…