Discuss this controversial movie (and DVD stuff) in here
Johny_Exhale2

Re: Wha if QT made NBK

Post by Johny_Exhale2 » Tue Sep 07, 2004 8:17 pm

haha i love that scene, worsed acting in the film but lovely writtin

IL_Buono

Post by IL_Buono » Sat Sep 11, 2004 4:36 am

i hated the movie but for some reason after i watched it, i watched the deleted scenes and thought they were great. goofy, but great. and the alternate ending where they both get killed deserved to be the normal ending. i hated those 2 stupid fucks so damn much
Last edited by IL_Buono on Wed Sep 15, 2004 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ify
Fucking Professional

Re: What if QT made NBK

Post by Ify » Sun Sep 12, 2004 3:01 pm

I was watching the The Good The Bad And The Ugly Special Edition DVD the other day and noticed that the guy who did the dialogue was called Mickey Knox, I wonder if QT got that name from there?

"Movies are my religion and God is my patron. I'm lucky enough to be in the position where I don't make movies to pay for my pool. When I make a movie, I want it to be everything to me; like I would die for it." - QT

Damo

Post by Damo » Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:58 pm

One thing I really like about Oliver Stone's NBK is Woody and Juliette as Mickey and Mallory. I can't picture anyone else as those characters. I was wondering, was QT writing those parts with specific actors in mind?

Ify
Fucking Professional

Post by Ify » Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:50 pm

IL_Buono wrote: i hated the movie but for some reason after i watched it, i watched the deleted scenes and thought they were great. goofy, but great. and the alternate ending where they both get killed deserved to be the normal ending. i hated those 2 stupid fucks so damn much
Does that include that 'brilliant' scene that Roger Avary wrote for the movie that Oliver Stone Loved so much?

"Movies are my religion and God is my patron. I'm lucky enough to be in the position where I don't make movies to pay for my pool. When I make a movie, I want it to be everything to me; like I would die for it." - QT

IL_Buono

Post by IL_Buono » Fri Sep 17, 2004 1:15 am

which one?

Ify
Fucking Professional

Post by Ify » Fri Sep 17, 2004 3:54 pm

IL_Buono wrote: which one?
I don't know exactly what the scene was. If anyone here knows...

big man with a gun
Kiddo

Post by big man with a gun » Tue Jan 11, 2005 9:30 pm

roger avary wrote the wheelchair bound body builders scene.

apparently ,when QT was trying to get the film made, these real life iron pumpers offered to put up some money if they could be in the movie!

tarantino thought it was too much of a commercial proposition for him, 'like i was too much of a prostitute' so he got avary to write it.

i think the deal fell through, but QT loved the scene so much , he kept it in the script.

what i want to know is did tarantino have ANY input in the scene i.e the concept or was 100% avary?