A summary of my NBK comments

I could post multiple replies in the various about nbk because of the varying topics, but im just gonna post ‘em all as one.

First of all I’d like to say Quentin Tarantino is my #1 FAVORITE DIRECTOR OF ALL TIME!!! In my list of favorite movies, From Dusk Til’ Dawn is #61, Jackie Blue is #21, Reservoir Dogs is #12, Kill Bill is #5, and Pulp Fiction is #3 (I haven’t seen True Romance or Four Rooms yet, gettin’ the DVDs this week). Also, I’m not a particulary huge fan of Oliver Stone. JFK is in my top 20, but other than that he’s not one of my favorites. Granted, I haven’t seen many of his movies, bt still… So, I am biased towards QT.

Pulp is #3. What is #2? NATURAL BORN KILLERS. (in case any of you want to know, #1 is Ghost World). Oliver Stone took Quentin Tarantino’s script and made it BETTER. Tarantino has a particular style, a style that I happen to particularly like, and if The Open Road had been made as The Open Road, NBK would have been fine the way it was in the original NBK script, as a movie within a movie, but as a stand-alone movie, the style doesn’t work as well.

The original script is most definitely a tarantino script. it has a certain similarity to reservoir dogs in that we see only the beginning and the aftermath of the main subject of the story: the crime. and that works great in rd. but in the script for NBK, the American Maniacs segment drags on for too long and makes me want to see what did happen during those 3 weeks? why did they kill all those people? how were they caught? i found myself asking a lot of questions that I wanted to be answered. also, i do not see a point to Quentin Tarantino’s story. I love stone’s media satire! it was pretty fucking brilliant! The whole movie Natural Born Killers is pretty fucking brilliant! Stone actually stayed pretty true to qt’s script, but he added a much needed middle of the story that makes it a beautiful work. Even with the scenes added in the middle, I felt that Stone had stayed true to Q’s style of dialogue; the things were saying sounded like something Q would write. Plus, some of the added scenes are just brilliant. Rodney Dangerfield does an amazing job in this movie! i felt much more satisfied with seeing mallory’s parents then just knowing they killed them.

The cinematography of this film is the best i’ve ever seen. The stock footage, the intercuts, the cartoons, all creatively and beautifully used to catch you off-guard, and adds to the mood of the movie. The super-imposition of “demon” on mickey’s shirt in the indian hut… when mickey realizes he has become the one thing he feared, the demon. It is all beautfully done. Not to mention the spectacular acting of Juliette and Woody. I really don’t understand why all of you could hate this film so much, even to say that From Dusk Til’ Dawn was a much better movie, which really didn’t change my life one bit. NBK is a beautiful work of art.

End of rant.

[quote=“Special Oz”]
I could post multiple replies in the various about nbk because of the varying topics, but im just gonna post ‘em all as one.

First of all I’d like to say Quentin Tarantino is my #1 FAVORITE DIRECTOR OF ALL TIME!!! In my list of favorite movies, From Dusk Til’ Dawn is #61, Jackie Blue is #21, Reservoir Dogs is #12, Kill Bill is #5, and Pulp Fiction is #3 (I haven’t seen True Romance or Four Rooms yet, gettin’ the DVDs this week). Also, I’m not a particulary huge fan of Oliver Stone. JFK is in my top 20, but other than that he’s not one of my favorites. Granted, I haven’t seen many of his movies, bt still… So, I am biased towards QT.

Pulp is #3. What is #2? NATURAL BORN KILLERS. (in case any of you want to know, #1 is Ghost World). Oliver Stone took Quentin Tarantino’s script and made it BETTER. Tarantino has a particular style, a style that I happen to particularly like, and if The Open Road had been made as The Open Road, NBK would have been fine the way it was in the original NBK script, as a movie within a movie, but as a stand-alone movie, the style doesn’t work as well.

The original script is most definitely a tarantino script. it has a certain similarity to reservoir dogs in that we see only the beginning and the aftermath of the main subject of the story: the crime. and that works great in rd. but in the script for NBK, the American Maniacs segment drags on for too long and makes me want to see what did happen during those 3 weeks? why did they kill all those people? how were they caught? i found myself asking a lot of questions that I wanted to be answered. also, i do not see a point to Quentin Tarantino’s story. I love stone’s media satire! it was pretty fucking brilliant! The whole movie Natural Born Killers is pretty fucking brilliant! Stone actually stayed pretty true to qt’s script, but he added a much needed middle of the story that makes it a beautiful work. Even with the scenes added in the middle, I felt that Stone had stayed true to Q’s style of dialogue; the things were saying sounded like something Q would write. Plus, some of the added scenes are just brilliant. Rodney Dangerfield does an amazing job in this movie! i felt much more satisfied with seeing mallory’s parents then just knowing they killed them.

The cinematography of this film is the best i’ve ever seen. The stock footage, the intercuts, the cartoons, all creatively and beautifully used to catch you off-guard, and adds to the mood of the movie. The super-imposition of “demon” on mickey’s shirt in the indian hut… when mickey realizes he has become the one thing he feared, the demon. It is all beautfully done. Not to mention the spectacular acting of Juliette and Woody. I really don’t understand why all of you could hate this film so much, even to say that From Dusk Til’ Dawn was a much better movie, which really didn’t change my life one bit. NBK is a beautiful work of art.

End of rant.
[/quote]
I will admit,I have a fondness for it but the script was a bit different. Yes I absolutely think the movie is a masterpiece but there is almost a since of them being good people,and you want them to get away by the end,my problem is if you look at the script Mickey and Mallory are just psyco scum. It is different in so many ways. I still love the movie but I even created a topic a long time ago about what would happen if qt made Natural Born Killers.

[quote=“Special Oz”]

End of rant.
[/quote]

If fucked up, raped and ruined is the same as “made better” i agree.