What QT has said about the movie?

ok, so i know already that tarantino thought it was a piece of shit (i’ll have quite a lot to say about that later today) but are there any specific interviews i could get a link to where he says he hated it? or anything else he may have said about it anywhere? i’d like to see his words…

I shall quote the pompous slob:

To Quentin- “Quentin, the difference between you and me is this: you make movies, I make films.” - Oliver Stone

Quentin should just have Sonny Chiba kill Stone.

Check out hte topic about the controverse between QT and Stone:

http://www.tarantino.info/forum/index.php?topic=51.60

First post, made by the admin:

Quentin himself called Oliver Stone’s “NBK” a “piece of shit”.

It was one of his early scripts that he sold. Oliver Stone made one of his weird anti-media movies out of it.

That Quentin never acknowledged Stones work is a not exactly a miracle. Although I consider NBK as a critical masterpiece, it’s still not what it should have been, if you read QT’s script.

What do you think? Is QT right in hating NBK? I mean, he SOLD it!!! If he doesn’t like what it has become, he should have made it himself…

I recently watched NIXON (by Stone), that’s also a masterpiece. PLATOON, is good, too. U-TURN is a remake of RED ROCK WEST and is definitely worth watching. ANY GIVEN SUNDAY is a football masterpiece too. NATURAL BORN KILLERS fits into that Stone movie buch. Critical, cynic, mature, extreme and thrilling, and weird.

NBK - a damned movie?

QT said that he never has watched the movie, and never will do it ! That can resume what he thinks about it…

[quote=“cyber-lili”]
QT said that he never has watched the movie, and never will do it ! That can resume what he thinks about it…
[/quote]

I read that he saw the movie until the I Love Mallory crap started, that’s when he left.

The only thing i disagree about this is, yea QT could take offense over it but theres no reason for him to make such a huge fuss over it. He knew when he was selling it that anyone could have any vision of it and it could come out any way, most likely not his way, so if he knew this and didn’t want it to happen than why not just not sell it at all.

added-Plus of course stone is going to get mad, if someone called your film a piece of shit when you worked so hard on it wouldn’t you get mad. For every action there is a reaction.

I guess he didn’t realize someone might change his script? I would be pissed if the guy i sold it to said " oh man this is great" and then gives it to a director that gonna rewrite it and turn it into shit.

yea so would i but as selling a script, you should know that it is possible, once you sell it its not yours no more. Its like selling a car that you worked hard fixing up to someone and the person wants to repaint it or something and you get mad.

[quote=“Jjp”]
yea so would i but as selling a script, you should know that it is possible, once you sell it its not yours no more. Its like selling a car that you worked hard fixing up to someone and the person wants to repaint it or something and you get mad.
[/quote]

That doesn’t work. The person in that case didn’t make the car, whereas in QT’s case, he DID make (write) the script.

Ok, well than lets say the guy built the car from scratch.

[quote=“Jjp”]
Ok, well than lets say the guy built the car from scratch.
[/quote]

Think about it this way - NBK was one of QT’s babies. When he decided to give it away, yes, it then belonged to Stone. However, it is still QT’s baby. So when Stone messed with that baby, the “biological parent” couldn’t help but to feel sadness, it’s a natural instinct. He wouldn’t have given it to Stone, but that was probably the only way the baby could make it, albeit not in the best possible way. Furthermore, it may not have been feasible for QT to keep that baby, maybe there were other things that had to be given first priority.

Here’s a partial transcript of a radio interview QT gave recently where he talks about his new opinion of NBK and the possibility of remaking it in his vision.

QT: One time I started feeling better about it… Because I didn’t like it for a long time. Me and Oliver have made up though. I walked into an elevator. Elevator opens up. Johnny Cash is in the elevator. I’m like, “Oh my God, Johnny Cash.” So I walk in and he goes, “Oh, hey, you’re Quentin Tarantino, aren’t ya?” I go, “Uh, yes I am.” “Well, me and June (Carter), we really like your movies a lot.” “Oh wow, that’s really great. Well, I’ve been a fan of yours forever.” “We really like that Natural Born Killers.” (laughs)

RADIO HOST: (laughing) You took the compliment that day.

QT: That went a long way, I gotta say. That went a long way to healing wounds.

RADIO HOST: Why don’t you just remake the movie in your vision?

QT: You know what? It’s really funny. I actually thought about that about three years ago. And you know what, I might actually do that one of these days. But I’m kind of moving forward. I would really have to run out of ideas for a while.

Quentin, you hypocrite! You should have told Johnny you disowned that piece of shit. ;D

Haha, I would have loved to see QT’s face after Cash mentions NBK.

[quote=“Ify”]
Think about it this way - NBK was one of QT’s babies. When he decided to give it away, yes, it then belonged to Stone. However, it is still QT’s baby. So when Stone messed with that baby, the “biological parent” couldn’t help but to feel sadness, it’s a natural instinct. He wouldn’t have given it to Stone, but that was probably the only way the baby could make it, albeit not in the best possible way. Furthermore, it may not have been feasible for QT to keep that baby, maybe there were other things that had to be given first priority.
[/quote]

Yea well if he knew about it before he gave the baby away he should not bitch so much about it.

[quote=“FilmGuy”]
RADIO HOST: Why don’t you just remake the movie in your vision?

QT: You know what? It’s really funny. I actually thought about that about three years ago. And you know what, I might actually do that one of these days. But I’m kind of moving forward. I would really have to run out of ideas for a while.

[/quote]

I’d go see it

[quote=“SteveZissou”]
I shall quote the pompous slob:

To Quentin- “Quentin, the difference between you and me is this: you make movies, I make films.” - Oliver Stone

Quentin should just have Sonny Chiba kill Stone.
[/quote]

CLARENCE
They ain't plays, they ain't books, they certainly ain't movies, they're
films. [b][size=150]And do you know what films are? They're for people who don't like
movies.[/size][/b]
"Mad Max", that's a movie. "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly",
that's a movie. "Rio Bravo", that's a movie. "Rumble Fish", that's a
fuckin' movie. And, "Coming Home in a Body Bag", that's a movie.

direct from TR screenplay. Fuck Films, Movies are cool?

Theres room for both kinds of cinema. Personally I like Stone for what he does (usually) and I like QT for what he does. But with NBK, I just never liked it that much. This was actually before I even knew QT had wrote it. I know if QT had directed it, it wouldve been different. But still, out of all his scripts that one is my least favorite.

i dont know if id like qt to try a remake, i know there different but its too close a subject matter to true romance (the bonnie and clyde type genre)

I love this movie and has always though it was one of QTs. Didn’t know he thought it was s#!t