Natural Born Killers SE DVD

What did everyone think of Oliver Stones interpretation of his script. Better or worse? Will you buy the DVD of the extended version which is meant to include some scenes left out from the Tarantino script like in the court room.

Opinions about Stone’s version of the script please NOT in the DVD thread.

The SE DVD is by WARNER BROS which means it is NOT the director’s cut.

I recommend the director’s cut.

[quote]What did everyone think of Oliver Stones interpretation of his script. ÊBetter or worse? ÊWill you buy the DVD of the extended version which is meant to include some scenes left out from the Tarantino script like in the court room.[/quote]

Even before I knew about the whole QT/Stone debaucle (sp?) I didnt really care for the film. Woody Harrelson aint no serial killer!!! Ill take True Romance over NBK anyday of the fuckin week and twice on Sunday. NBK is just a mess of QTs story.

I have to say I did buy the soundtrack for NBK, because at the time I was a huge Nine Inch Nails fan. (It was produced by Trent Reznor and contained a couple NIN songs).

debacle

The Leonard Cohen song is great, though. And if you would take the fact aside that it was originally a QT story/script, its an okay anti-media satire.

doesn’t mean that i love it, but when i watch it i dont think about the context, i think about the movie itself which - to me - is a well done anti-media/TV flick with the usually fucked-up Oliver Stone style

[quote]The SE DVD is by WARNER BROS which means it is NOT the director’s cut.

I recommend the director’s cut.[/quote]

I think on the box it says ‘extended cut’ or something. I can’t remember exactly but it certainly includes added footage whether it’s a directors cut or not. In fact I’m fairly sure it says ‘new extended directors cut’ but I’ll check that.

i think the film is one of the best (not kidding )

if nobody had told yout that tarantino wrote the script ( and now why he’s pissed everbody is on tarantinos side ) u wouldnt car and enjoy this great movie.

dont get me wrong, tarantino is the best.

yeah in germany the directors cut is avaiable by best entertainment (2 disc -> not that good )

and new by laser paradise ( 3 dvds awsome )

by

well actually it’s kinda exhausting to have to chose from so many different versions.

i have the normal cut, which was a faux-pas, and i’d like to get the DC some time but 2 DVDs i dont like :wink:

and that 3 DVD set is not 3 DVDs as far as I know, but 2 DVDs and 1 CD (soundtrack)

I don’t care what Quentin thinks about NBK,it’s a great movie.

I love the actors in this film.Woody Harrelson,Juliette Lewis,Rodney Dangerfield,Tommy Lee Jones,all are wonderfull here!

Oliver Stone’s experimental style really payed of big time in this film!

Quentin’s judgement is clouded because of the script changes.Most of the changes are for the better,especially the Dangerfield scenes.He is great fun here!

It’s sad though that the great courtroom scene with Ashley Judd was removed,was a mistake by Stone!

nope

1 dvd dc end some specials

2 dvd specials

3 dvd the normal cut of the movie,

cya

ok, i was wrong, can happen ;_)

there’s a real NBK topic somwhere in the movie section, hollywoodhogan i’d appreciate your comment there, too if you haven’t already posted there.

i also like NBK, despite the argument around that issue, if you look past the facts its a great anti-media film.

Hi, been a while…I got the DVD in the end and I’d recommend it as the Tarantino scenes like with the decapitated wrestlers and court room “stabber” scene are present as deleted scenes.

Admin, I sent you a message about that VCD you wanted. :slight_smile:

Does anybody know if the soundtrack was compiled by Tarantino or by someone else? So was the same music used that QT might have put in the script? or was different music chosen by Oliver Stone?

[quote=“Ify”]
Does anybody know if the soundtrack was compiled by Tarantino or by someone else? So was the same music used that QT might have put in the script? or was different music chosen by Oliver Stone?
[/quote]

since QT used to write soundtrack ideas into the script i assume that SOME of the soundtrack MIGHT be tarantino’s ideas, maybe only the style of some. but QT had nothing to do with the realization of the film so the soundtrack remains Stone’s choice

The courtroom scene is awesome. The directors cut is gold. Buy it. There are so many extar sequences and little extra bits of violence. Like in the riot, a cop gets put in a pizza oven.

here’s our official link to the DVD:

<LINK_TEXT text=“The Quentin Tarantino Archives - Everything QT since 1999 … &Itemid=48”>The Quentin Tarantino Archives - Everything QT since 1999</LINK_TEXT>

I think that natural born killers is great. but i wonder what it would have been like if QT had directed it him self. ???

that court room scene shouldnt have been taken out. you can tell by that scene that QT wrote it{appart from all the violence and stuff.} due to the Sonny Chiba talk ,just like in true romance.