What's his next project after Inglourious basterds?

Hoxes, rumors, gossip, goings-on, scoop, links, tv, banter....
Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional

Re: What's his next project after Inglourious basterds?

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:24 am

Ordell Rodriguez wrote:
Mr. Fox wrote:
Sgt. Geoi Donowitz wrote:I read somewhere, I think at everythingtarantino, that Faster Pussycat Kill Kill is looking to be less rumour and more probable.  I just got a FPKK t-shirt when I was in NYC too, so that's kinda cool/not.
Faster Pussycat Kill, Kill is a bit too similar to Death Proof but it does fit in with Tarantino's style of making very genre-specific films (Reservoir Dogs was very male; Jackie Brown was very female; Basterds was male etc.). But I'd like to see Jay Leno's idea of a Tarantino rom-com! True Romance was only a romance, I'm thinking something along the lines of Mr & Mrs Smith... just better! xD
Or a His Girl Friday. I think that's what he means when he says he'd like to do one, and the one I'd really like to see.
I absolutely adore His Girl Friday! I'd love nothing more than to see Quentin to a film like that,,, centered around one main male lead and one main female lead.

postmaster.general
Kiddo

What Type Of Movie Should QT Make Next? Western? Horror?

Post by postmaster.general » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:28 pm

... i'm writing this after quentin's huge success with inglorious basterds. he's now done war, crime/comedy, straight crime, horror, revenge by samurai sword, grindhouse. in commercial terms he should probably do a straight-ahead remake of a popular '70s television series hit, the six million dollar man starring ben affleck or something. here's hoping a western's in the pipeline somewhere as well ...

*G*
Fucking Professional

Post by *G* » Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:33 am

I like to see him do a film about a middle-age black woman that just robbed a bank with a samurai sword and now fleeing from a Nazi that drives a Death Proof Nova and 2 gangsters looking for a suitcase she might have stolen. GREAT STUFF!

Oh and maybe a Western after. ;D

GunRanger
Cowardly Lion

Post by GunRanger » Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:24 am

Mr. Fox wrote:
Sgt. Geoi Donowitz wrote:I read somewhere, I think at everythingtarantino, that Faster Pussycat Kill Kill is looking to be less rumour and more probable.  I just got a FPKK t-shirt when I was in NYC too, so that's kinda cool/not.
Faster Pussycat Kill, Kill is a bit too similar to Death Proof but it does fit in with Tarantino's style of making very genre-specific films (Reservoir Dogs was very male; Jackie Brown was very female; Basterds was male etc.). But I'd like to see Jay Leno's idea of a Tarantino rom-com! True Romance was only a romance, I'm thinking something along the lines of Mr & Mrs Smith... just better! xD
How was Basterds male? The person who actually killed the Nazis was a woman.

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:08 am

GunRanger wrote:
Mr. Fox wrote:
How was Basterds male? The person who actually killed the Nazis was a woman.

What exactly are you on about?

ProfessorChaney
Cowardly Lion

Post by ProfessorChaney » Wed May 26, 2010 9:26 am

Do you really think he is gonna do a Dracula movie? Like the ol' hammer flicks with Christoph Waltz as Van Helsing? ???

jonitapani
Real McCoy

Post by jonitapani » Wed May 26, 2010 10:44 am

ProfessorChaney wrote:Do you really think he is gonna do a Dracula movie? Like the ol' hammer flicks with Christoph Waltz as Van Helsing? ???
I don't see this happening... Sounds odd. But you can't really know but I don't think he's gonna do it.
O0
ÄLÄKÄ KOLISE!

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Wed May 26, 2010 12:15 pm

I used to love those Hammer flicks. Looking back on them now, they're soo mellow. Our society has become obsessed with bigger, stronger, faster male leads. Those old films are still awesome though.

As for QT doing a Dracula movie,, Doubtful. But like jonitapani said, it's impossible to tell. I just don't see him revisiting such a specific genre.

Sebastian
Inglourious Basterd

Post by Sebastian » Fri May 28, 2010 12:11 pm

this dracula rumor is really some wild shit, haha

embatep
Cowardly Lion

Post by embatep » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:37 pm

A Sci-fi western similar to Cowboys and Aliens in Tarantino style.