TARANTINO VIDEO TICKER [submit]

Hoxes, rumors, gossip, goings-on, scoop, links, tv, banter....
Sebastian
Inglourious Basterd

TARANTINO VIDEO TICKER [submit]

Post by Sebastian » Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:22 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtR5Cxscnu4

straight talking right there
Last edited by Ify on Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pete
Fucking Professional

Re: Video ticker

Post by Pete » Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:28 pm

Its not a zombie movie its INFECTED PEEEE-OPLE! (say this like youre an Italian chef)

He has a good point about composers. I mean there are alot of great scores for films but with QT the music is like integral to the actual background of the film going back to before the writing of it. Its not new music laid over the pictures like most movies.
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ify
Fucking Professional

Post by Ify » Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:26 am

Is this where we post new videos of the man? Great idea, Seb.

"I've always just used existing tracks and the basic reason is - that's just too much power to give somebody who's not me over my movie. I just assume that I'm not gonna like it"

I love this quote, it summarises what QT is about. He is an auteur through and through, and his films are HIS. He has a say in EVERYTHING regarding HIS movie. That's one of the main things that got me interested in Quentin Tarantino. I suppose it's because I'm the same. I have to have a say in everything I'm doing that comes from me, solely because it seems as though I'll only like what I do. It's clear that QT views his films as his babies, and I love that. I hope that passion never dies. He's not being big-headed, he's just saying it how it is. Why should he make a film where there'll be an aspect he doesn't like? I love the fact that every one of his 5 films, is straight up Quentin Tarantino.

"Movies are my religion and God is my patron. I'm lucky enough to be in the position where I don't make movies to pay for my pool. When I make a movie, I want it to be everything to me; like I would die for it." - QT

Sebastian
Inglourious Basterd

Post by Sebastian » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:25 am

yeah but he forgets Morricone, who delivered the music to  leone even before shooting, and then they even played the music on the set and shot to the music. that's another thing.... but I agree partially, I mean why use something that's not yours for something that's ... yours ,if it doesn't feel right to you

Pete
Fucking Professional

Post by Pete » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:59 am

Theres always exceptions to the rule. I dont think its that QT thinks composers arent talented its just for his personal way of making films, having one guy put music over his entire film wouldnt work for him. He has music in his head probably before he writes certain scenes. Thats how he finds the rhythm of the scenes. I think he actually plays music on his record player before he even writes stuff. What would Death Proof be if he didnt have Baby Its You in there? Or Hold Tight? It wouldnt be the same film.

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:15 pm

"That's it.  Like my old Granddaddy used to always say, the less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect." - QT- Four Rooms

Pete
Fucking Professional

Post by Pete » Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:20 pm

AHHHHH! QT OVERLOAD!!  All I can hear is "heheheheheheh....alriiiight....okayyyy....hehehehehh!"  LOL!

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:08 pm

Oh shit.  I have never seen this.  It was added about a month ago.  QT on Leno, talking about lying and the times he went to jail.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=iN73dOLh-yo

I've SO done exactly the same shit about the traffic warrants, and turning up the music and singing along when I see a cop.  I've been in twice for traffic warrants, and now I need to get two more from 2004 that I still need to take care of.  And the first time cost me almost $3,000 too!  What a coincidence.
"That's it.  Like my old Granddaddy used to always say, the less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect." - QT- Four Rooms

cyber-lili
Fucking Professional

Post by cyber-lili » Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:55 pm

I think you're definitely made to be with QT... first you like his movies, his fashion style (or nonstyle), now you have the same problem with traffic warrants... what's next, jail too ?  ;D

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:07 am

I'm saying, I've been to jail twice for them.  If I don't get these two from '04 taken care of, I'll go to jail again.  ;D

cyber-lili
Fucking Professional

Post by cyber-lili » Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:09 am

Quentin, if you're reading this and don't get it : this is an obvious proposal  :P

Pete
Fucking Professional

Post by Pete » Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:55 pm

Mrs Geoi Tarantino? Damn!

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:36 pm

Silly. ;D  Just silly.

Ify
Fucking Professional

Post by Ify » Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:57 pm

I want to re-watch the Leno where QT had a cane and he was drunk. I can never seem to find it.

"Movies are my religion and God is my patron. I'm lucky enough to be in the position where I don't make movies to pay for my pool. When I make a movie, I want it to be everything to me; like I would die for it." - QT

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:38 pm

That was Leno?  I thought it was Kimmel?  I can't find it either.

Kinick
Fucking Professional

Post by Kinick » Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:31 pm

Geoi wrote: That was Leno?  I thought it was Kimmel?  I can't find it either.
Been looking for that for a while. No luck, ahha.

Annie Hall
Hard Drinker

Post by Annie Hall » Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:55 pm

Couldn't find it either. Only a stupid parody

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:48 pm

"Quentin Tarantino Scarfs Chili Dog."  Haha.  Fuckin assholes film the poor guy eating on the run. 

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=lTG6t7O7XKQ&NR=1

Oh well, I still like to watch shit like that, so I guess I'm partially to blame.

nublob
Basterd

Post by nublob » Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:54 pm

What is it about this man and his work that makes me want to eat?  I wanted a hamburger when I saw Pulp Fiction I wanted bacon when I saw Grindhouse  now  I want a chili dog.. I can smell it....

Ify
Fucking Professional

Post by Ify » Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:59 pm

nublob wrote: What is it about this man and his work that makes me want to eat?  I wanted a hamburger when I saw Pulp Fiction I wanted bacon when I saw Grindhouse  now  I want a chili dog.. I can smell it....
I wanted Nachos when I watched Death Proof  ;D

In fact, I'm hungry now, I'm'a go eat...
Last edited by Ify on Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pete
Fucking Professional

Post by Pete » Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:08 pm

And even in True Romance which QT didnt even direct, those burgers Clarence ate looked so damn delicious.

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:10 pm

EVERYTIME I watch PF, I want to finish that fucking Big Kahuna burger and drink a Sprite!  Or I crave a bloody steak like Vincent ordered.  And I tried the nachos at the Texas Chili Parlor cos of that scene in DP,,, the real ones aren't nearly as tasty as the ones in the movie looked.  I have even wanted to eat a bowl of rice while watching KB before.  For some reason, food just looks better when QT's involved.

(Edit:  Of course, whenever I watch the Sopranos, I have to make Italian food for dinner.  There are no Italian restaurants in my area.)
Last edited by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz on Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cyber-lili
Fucking Professional

Post by cyber-lili » Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:49 pm

Geoi wrote: (Edit:  Of course, whenever I watch the Sopranos, I have to make Italian food for dinner.  There are no Italian restaurants in my area.)
Ahaha, me too. I watched all the seasons last year, and every night, two to three, four episodes and special italian food all night !!

Annie Hall
Hard Drinker

Post by Annie Hall » Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:18 pm

I do the exact opposite: I watch Pulp Fiction after having a burger! Burgers always remind me of Quentin.

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:53 pm

Yeah, but I guess next time I put PF on, I'll see if it can still make me want a burger,,, now that I've realised it.

Now I want to watch the Sopranos and cook some Chicken Parmesan with Rigatolli and tomato gravy.  I'll have to go get some garlic bread before the store closes.  BTW, watch the Sopranos for free, no commercials here www.free-tvshows.com

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:57 pm

This HAS to be it!  The late show where he's all fucked-up.  It's QT on Conan O'Brien.  He's fucking WIRED!
http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=xr1bWj5cS ... re=related

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:14 am

QT is credited as a PA in the credits.  Roger Avery too.  WTF?  I seriously never knew of it.

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=O7Dv8WNNf ... re=related

Col. Crazy Kenneth
Fucking Professional

Post by Col. Crazy Kenneth » Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:21 am

I've read that before, but I thought it was Van Damme, not Dolph Lundgren.
"So much of what you see now in Hollywood is written and directed by committee, and you can see it. Things are so workshopped and so run around the room, and so overthought." - Trey Parker

Annie Hall
Hard Drinker

Post by Annie Hall » Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:46 am

"It's now part of Hollywood mythology that Quentin Tarantino's first real job on a movie set saw him cleaning doggie doo-doo off lawn on which Dolph Lundgren was going to perform for his workout video." 

One of my favorite threads! http://www.tarantino.info/forum/index.p ... 581.0.html

Ify
Fucking Professional

Post by Ify » Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:24 pm

Jerry Martinez, too. Who would have known?!