Inglorious Bastards - English People?

I know this is going to be an American film, and I like lots of American WW2 films (my Dad’s a big lover of 50/60 WW2 films so I’ve seen loads, but the one that sticks out in my mind has to be The Guns of Navarone), however, still, it does annoy me a bit whn they don’t include any English people (we were there first!). I hope QT respects that and casts some English people for English soldiers.

I assume the cast will be multi-national anyway, if you believe the rumors about roles for Castellari, Svenson, etc…

The cast will probably vary in nationalities (American, German, French, British, Italian), but Im not sure if the actual Bastards will be of diff nations. It will probably be all US Army criminals like The Dirty Dozen.

Yeah, which is annoying really.

I can’t follow that rationale… but if you say so :wink: I rather have american characters played by americans…

Or he could do a “Cheesy” way and cast real popular American actors as the Germans and stuff. That would be funny, though if he was going in a serious way, I would choose to have it the other way.

I heard QT decided to cast all chicks in this one.

[quote=“NonStop”]
I know this is going to be an American film, and I like lots of American WW2 films (my Dad’s a big lover of 50/60 WW2 films so I’ve seen loads, but the one that sticks out in my mind has to be The Guns of Navarone), however, still, it does annoy me a bit whn they don’t include any English people (we were there first!). I hope QT respects that and casts some English people for English soldiers.
[/quote]

Chillax nonstop, he’s “hopefully” got Tim Roth in it, and he’s ALWAYS a better Brit than he is a Yank.

I know what you mean though, about American WWII flicks. Annoying as fuck how we yanks always gotta be the big heros.

x

Isn’t there a British song about Hitler?

HITler,

Only has one ball,

THE OTHer,

Is in Albert Hall,

His mother,

the bloody bugger,

Cut of the other,

When he, was small

[quote=“Sebastian”]
I can’t follow that rationale… but if you say so :wink: I rather have american characters played by americans…
[/quote]

I don’t mean that, I mean english characters played by english actors.

Im sure QT will be casting Brits as Brits. Although if Tim Roth is a Bastard, he’ll be doing his US accent of course.

[quote=“Geoi”]
Isn’t there a British song about Hitler?

HITler,

Only has one ball,

THE OTHer,

Is in Albert Hall,

His mother,

the bloody bugger,

Cut of the other,

When he, was small

[/quote]

Yeah, we’re taught how to sing that song at birth!

I like that idea of having different nationalities. I hope he does that, rather than have them all American. We’ve seen that too many times. Have at least one British guy (played by Tim Roth, of course) and at least one frenchie along for the ride.

[quote=“PutneySwope”]
Im sure QT will be casting Brits as Brits. Although if Tim Roth is a Bastard, he’ll be doing his US accent of course.
[/quote]

Isn;t that annoying though? Why can’t one of the main characters be British?

Well it depends on if the Bastards are only American soldiers or a mix of UK, USA, French etc. They might be. Either way, its gonna have a variety of diff actors from diff countries.

I was under the impression that they were allied soldiers, not necessarily Americans. It’s just how I imagined it for no reason.

Maybe it will be Allied Forces prisoners instead of just US Army prisoners.

[quote=“PutneySwope”]
[/quote]

LOL. I totally just said that. Great minds think alike.

[quote=“PutneySwope”]
[/quote]

I hope so.

I hope he casts Nick Frost in it! I can dream, can’t I?

BTW, check out my official Nick Frost Fansite! www.nickfrost.net