Quentin Tarantino Stimulated to Write Swedish Soft-Core Film

Cowgirls from Sweden, anyone?

http://au.rottentomatoes.com/m/grindhouse/news/1672561/

lol, nice. it’s about time QT brought some sleaze into his films, which haven’t really been that much full of love and eroticism up till now.

This was going to be his fake trailer for Grindhouse, but he didn’t have time to do it. Now he’s thinking about doing it as a feature. Maybe after Come Drink With Me and Inglorious Bastards?

Please QT, do this after Bastards.

He should peruse the British sexploitation section of the book ‘TV Cream’s Anatomy of Cinema’ with mentions of titles like ‘Zeta One’, ‘Eskimo Nell’ and ‘This, That and The Other!’ which features “Morose loner Victor Spinetti [finding] his lonely nights at home listening to tapes of road accidents interrupted by the arrival of a random sex-suicide theme party.”

On matters of sex and the cinema here is an interesting quote from a recent interview:

[quote]Tilda Swinton, the Scottish actress who in 2004 was part of the Cannes Film Festival jury headed by Tarantino, loves Death Proof and believes it is his best film yet. “I think the revenge story is glorious in a uniquely evolved way,” she says. “It feels very free somehow. The keynote is glee.”

She is one of several women I asked to suggest questions for this interview. Swinton’s is: what is the thing you long to see a woman do on screen that you have never seen?

“I’m just gonna say the first thing that came into my mind,” Tarantino replies. “I’ve never seen a woman in a movie masturbating in the way that most women do, which is basically on their belly.” He pushes a hand between his legs, by way of illustration. “But that’s not very good for cameras, which is why you always see the male fantasy version: them laid open, ooh-ing and aah-ing. So I’ve always wanted to show the reality.”

This reply demonstrates three important things. One, Tarantino’s current feelings of extreme and intimate empathy with women, and two, his willingness to always push the envelope of what can be said and shown. It is also an example of his confidence when it comes to tackling cultures and experiences which, ostensibly, are not his to tackle. He will talk expertly about female sexuality, as if he has conducted some sort of survey, and this is quite similar to his frequent forays into black culture, for example his free use of the word “nigger” in screenplays. Tarantino believes that if he identifies imaginatively and emotionally with a group of people then he has the authority to represent them in his work. As a film-maker he’s a sort of colonialist, annexing black people and women, speaking for them. You may regard this as benign or not. He certainly sees it as his right as an artist.[/quote]

The rest of the interview can be found here. <LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.sundayherald.com/arts/arts/d … 31.0.0.php”>http://www.sundayherald.com/arts/arts/display.var.1691631.0.0.php</LINK_TEXT>

[quote=“moviemike”]
This was going to be his fake trailer for Grindhouse, but he didn’t have time to do it. Now he’s thinking about doing it as a feature. Maybe after Come Drink With Me and Inglorious Bastards?
[/quote]

yeah. maybe

one step at a time, QT… lets try to finish that script on Inglorious Bastards before we think anything else

[quote=“TurboMan”]
one step at a time, QT… lets try to finish that script on Inglorious Bastards before we think anything else
[/quote]

I dont think IB will be his next project. I know no one wants to hear that but Im almost positive QT will want to do something smaller to get his confidence back ( and the studios too) after the lack of box office for DP. This huge project is way to risky right now. And for gods sake QT! Stop putting your name in front of every POS your buddies come out with! Its only hurting you!

Im hoping for a good ol boy movie next but im selfish like that. I would die to see QT make this his next film. Or he could re-write my western screen play and make it the best film in history. Yeah, that sounds good.