Tarantino parodied in TV show

And not in a very nice way…hahaa… I am not a big fan of the show, but my girlfriend loves that crap and forces me to watch it every sunday

mostly as revenge for totally hogging the tv saturday and sunday during the day watching football.

Anyway, some weeks ago i was absent mindedly watching that crap, when i took interest in an interesting character who is a geeky, control freak, film director hired to direct a life long project for the lead protagonist on the show. (the show is about holly wood)

Anyways, the show i think ends when the lead actors take a trip to cannes to show their movie with this Tarantino parody in tow. They show the movie and its a tremendous bomb, people get up cursing them and throwing insults at them for putting that crap on screen.

And the “director” jumps up on stage and begins insulting every one walking out…

Now at first i thought the “director” simply resembled tarantino, (in his geekiness and odd behaviour, but when another charactor who potrays harvy Weinstein makes an appearance at cannes and buys the movie for a dollar, it all fell in place.) but the last episode left me laughing so hard after having figured out that all this time they had been parodying tarantino

Not only are they parodying the harvey weinstein (the characters name on the movie is Harvey weingard or something like tha) but they parody Tarantino in a bad way, showing him trying to sleep with actresses in his movies, or offer beautiful actresses roles in his movies in the hopes of banging them…

hilarious i say hilarious!!!

You never mentioned what the show is called.

Yes, what was the name of this show? Do you know if there is a link to it on youtube?

You’re talking about the most recent season finale to Entourage. And the character you’re talking about is called Billy Walsh, played by Rhys Coiro (don’t ask me how to pronounce that). I don’t think he’s based on Tarantino, though I always felt the character was closer to Vincent Gallo.

The Billy Walsh character seems more like Vincent Gallo to me too. The Walsh character, apart from being idiosyncratic, doesn’t remind me of Tarantino that much.

[quote=“nublob”]
The Billy Walsh character seems more like Vincent Gallo to me too. The Walsh character, apart from being idiosyncratic, doesn’t remind me of Tarantino that much.
[/quote]

true…true…like sitting up one night and writing an entire script for a movie…

Granted the guy does resemble Vincent gallo but the inclusion of Harvey and under tone lines like Ari Gold makes “Tarantino is in Honk kong deciding who to steal from next” while discussing a possible hire for a directorial role. Also his gross use of violence and blood in the movie Medellin which Tarantino is well known for. for a commercial leads me to believe they are parodying both of them with one character

Also his gross use of violence and blood in the movie Medellin which Tarantino is well known for.

I’m sorry I just don’t think that Billy Walsh is a straight on parody of Tarantino. The Walsh character is a full out d##k. Tarantino might have his a##hole moments but for the most part he seems to be relatively nice and in a good mood, laughing (of course that may be from the booze and drugs) and cracking jokes. You don’t see this with the Walsh character. He never smiles doesnt laugh and makes very biting and condescending remarks. With regards to the Walsh character having violence and blood in his movies. So what? There are lots of violent bloody film makers out there today. Eli Roth … Scorsese … wes craven that guy that directed saw I think at best Walsh is a composite character representing a whole slew of independent filmakers that emerged during the 90s Talented Arrogant Successful somewhat Eccentric etc etc

[quote=“nublob”]
I’m sorry I just don’t think that Billy Walsh is a straight on parody of Tarantino. The Walsh character is a full out d##k. Tarantino might have his a##hole moments but for the most part he seems to be relatively nice and in a good mood, laughing (of course that may be from the booze and drugs) and cracking jokes. You don’t see this with the Walsh character. He never smiles doesnt laugh and makes very biting and condescending remarks. With regards to the Walsh character having violence and blood in his movies. So what? There are lots of violent bloody film makers out there today. Eli Roth … Scorsese … wes craven that guy that directed saw I think at best Walsh is a composite character representing a whole slew of independent filmakers that emerged during the 90s Talented Arrogant Successful somewhat Eccentric etc etc
[/quote]

You are right in a way. But not all independent film makers in the 90s were eccentric self absorbed individuals. Its only a select few that go that extra mile to that weird behaviour in Entourage.

Talk about a dork…that is straight up tarantino he is potraying with that vast knowledge of movies.

But we shall see in later episodes where they go with these characters. In my opinion its not a coincidence that they have a dead on Harvey and a guy who some what resembles tarantino (and yes i do admit Vincent gallo as well might be the one potrayed but Gallo simple doesnt have the Cache to have such an impact as tarantino did on a show about hollywood. The insiders get the protrayal)

[quote=“nublob”]
[/quote]

You are actually right. I had a discussion with some friends about it. (they know more about the show than i do since i find it a boring outrageous farce)

And they made some strong arguments that convinced me that it is not Tarantino being parodied in that show.

Billy Walsh is actually much closer to Vincent gallo than tarantino and i was mistaken to assume it was him they were parodying.

Vincent Gallo made a movie called Brown Bunny which he played at cannes and he was booed and hissed at through out the showing that the main actress was brought to tears.
Some company bought the rights to the movie and forced him to cut it up and it was resold in the US with some sucess coming off the notoriety of the sex scene in the movie.

Same thing seems to be going to happen to the movie potrayed in the tv show.

that incident is much closer to the events that happened in the show Entourage.

See, even i can admit when i am wrong...

I was wrong, and your poor little idol is not the guy being parodied.

you can all breathe a sigh of relief.