QT in Dublin

I AM FUCKING PISSED.

I just found out on shitty RTE (Irish Network Channel) teletext that QT will be at the Savoy Cinema in Dublin for the Irish premiere of Death Proof next friday, september 14th and there will be a Q+A session afterward.

why am i PISSED? because it’s fucking sold out already.

I’m from Cork down south and there was NOTHING about it ANYWHERE down here. the premiere is happening through the Dublin film festival. Considering the festival proper is ACTUALLY on in march, and i am not a regular vistor to Dublin, you can understand how I wouldn’t be checking their fucking website every day for a surprise announcement. Jackeen fuckers (Irish people will know what i mean by that).

usually RTE teletext would announce an upcoming event to let people know so they can buy tickets but this time they posted the news 24 HOURS after it sold out. ASSHOLES.

sorry for ranting but this is seriously disappointing. I’m a longtime QT fan ever since i caught Reservoir Dogs in the cinema back in 1993.

i guarantee most of the cunts that will at this will be the ’ ooh i love Pulp Fiction, i actually saw it twice’ crowd or assholes with contacts.

questions put to QT will be along the lines of ‘what’s the song during the torture scene in Reservoir Dogs?’

‘how come John Travolta came back from the dead in Pulp Fiction?’ and 'will you ever do a film in Ireland?'

FOR FUCK’S SAKE, LIKE! >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Lets hope they ask better questions! Thats too bad you cant get in there.

Man, I sincerely feel your pain on this one. I’m from down west myself working up in dublin and heard nothing about it until the next day, tiny article in the free newspaper which they pass out up here. No internet at work but i suspect it’d have done me no good to try and get a ticket for it anyway because the tickets for that were obviously put one side for the wealthy and famous…just wait for the pics in the papers of the premiere and we’ll see if i’m right… Naturally i checked the site once i got home and of course …sold out. I, like you, had no idea any such event was coming up run by the Jameson crowd seeing as the festival is on in Feb/March…

Its for the press, the rich and i hope the one or two ‘normal’ people who managed to weasel out a ticket from somewhere. You never know though…he might not be able to make it in the end…although he likes the country and has been here loads on the piss so i’d imagine he’ll show up.

Wish i was going. What i’m hoping for is that the IFI will show the original cut of Grindhouse during the Halloween Horror Fest…it’d be something at least…

Less of this “jackeen” talk, its a fact that the film industry is really incestous in Ireland thats why everything we produce is exactly the same and stars Colm Meaney but its not about where your from its about who you know and how much money you’ve got. The Premiere will be full of loads of tv3 presenters which is complete bullshit…I’m a film student who lives in Dublin and I heard absolutely nothing about this which really shows were the loyalties of the film board lie. Young Film-Makers are treated terribly in this country and this is yet another example of that. I’m excited he’s coming over though!

the ‘jackeen’ thing was meant specifically for the Irish Film Board arseholes not you regular DUBS. yer’ alright :wink:

it’s says it all when dublin based filmmakers don’t hear anything about it.

you’re dead right about the tv3 infestation though. i bet lorraine fucking keane and her posse of bimbos have tickets! >:(

i might still head up on the off chance of seeing QT outside the cinema.

HOPEFULLY there will be at least one of two genuine fans there to ask intelligent questions…

I hear ya :wink:

I was unable to go to Berlin for example… it really sucks, but what are ya gonna do :wink:

Got to meet QT on Friday after queing from midnight until 830 am to secure a wristband. Myself and my mates ended up being first in the queue (well arguably the first in the queue - the other dude made the mistake of queing at the wrong door!). We were joined by another dude in the queue who turned out to also be a tarantino archives member “Big man with a gun”. Had a good chat with him and his mate throughout the day, really sound lads and dedicated QT fans.

After collecting the wristband and buying the death proof screenplay i returned to HMV were after a long wait we were finally in the presence of the man himself. The hmv staff were very helpful and even went as far as to inform QT of how long we had waited and so we got a little bit of extra time with him. it was a really surreal experience which i find really hard to remember now but Quentin was really cool and friendly and said of our dedication “That shit touches my heart” and gave us something resembling a black power salute ha ha.

We all came to the conclusion that our queing was worth it and that there was no other person that we would have queued up for 8 hours (on a hobo/cop/milkman/abusive miscellaneous drunks infested street) to see. We didnt manage to blag our way into the premiere which would have been awesome and entirely fair in my opinion but had to be content with seeing superbad and returning to a mates house to get insanely stoned. All in all, a great day!

Anyone else go to the Q&A or signing?

<LINK_TEXT text=“Entertainment News - Showbiz News & Gossip - Independent.ie … 81045.html”>From dump truck to red carpet premiere - Independent.ie</LINK_TEXT>

http://www.rte.ie/news/2007/0914/9news.html (link halfway down the page)

I am so jealous. QT is amazing. He should really do another QT fest but branch out beyond LA & Austin. He should have one in the States for us loyal Americans and one in Europe where he could ban the press. It’ll never happen though!

[quote=“blue_lou_boyle”]
Got to meet QT on Friday after queing from midnight until 830 am to secure a wristband. Myself and my mates ended up being first in the queue (well arguably the first in the queue - the other dude made the mistake of queing at the wrong door!). We were joined by another dude in the queue who turned out to also be a tarantino archives member “Big man with a gun”. Had a good chat with him and his mate throughout the day, really sound lads and dedicated QT fans.

After collecting the wristband and buying the death proof screenplay i returned to HMV were after a long wait we were finally in the presence of the man himself. The hmv staff were very helpful and even went as far as to inform QT of how long we had waited and so we got a little bit of extra time with him. it was a really surreal experience which i find really hard to remember now but Quentin was really cool and friendly and said of our dedication “That shit touches my heart” and gave us something resembling a black power salute ha ha.

We all came to the conclusion that our queing was worth it and that there was no other person that we would have queued up for 8 hours (on a hobo/cop/milkman/abusive miscellaneous drunks infested street) to see. We didnt manage to blag our way into the premiere which would have been awesome and entirely fair in my opinion but had to be content with seeing superbad and returning to a mates house to get insanely stoned. All in all, a great day!

<LINK_TEXT text=“Entertainment News - Showbiz News & Gossip - Independent.ie … 81045.html”>From dump truck to red carpet premiere - Independent.ie</LINK_TEXT>

http://www.rte.ie/news/2007/0914/9news.html (link halfway down the page)

[/quote]

[quote=“blue_lou_boyle”]

[/quote]

Hi man, nice to hear from ya again. i was actually the third person to meet QT in HMV (that northern irish guy with the japanese chick was first).that sound blonde PR chick helped me skip the queue when she remembered me from that morning. Tarantino was even cooler than i thought he would be- super friendly and patient, got a paparazzi style photo op with the great man. then security made me come back so QT could sign me Death Proof script.

asked him a question about the movie which he answered graciously. all in all got some quality time with him (most people after me were dealt with much faster).

my day was already made :slight_smile:

met yourself outside the Savoy, saw QT work the red carpet and hung around to the bitter end while all the posers and socialites made their way in.

my buddy wanted to go to McDonald’s at that point but i wanted to wait until the cinema closed…then out of the blue some dude was selling a ticket cos his buddy didn’t show. YOU CAN BE BLOODY SURE I TOOK IT! ;D ;D ;D

by the time i got in the film was already on about 10 minutes but i had seen that already.

THE FILM.IS.FUCKING.AMAZING!

when a certain scene happened midway during the movie, the whole crowd fucking EXPLODED!

i have to go now but i’ll back to finish off this post. but you can say i definately had a smile on me face!

Fair Play on Getting into the premiere dude. How did you get on at the Q&A? from what I’ve seen on You tube the questions were awful! e.g. Will you ever make the Vega Bros movie? finally gonna see Death Proof on Thursday thank fuck!

i asked him a question about the structure of the script…seemed alright at the time!

some questions were good but some were shocking.

one guy asked three reasonable questions one after the other (we were supposed to just ask one) , QT obviously didn’t know where to start, then the guy goes…'ah it doesn’t matter, i just wanted to give you my band’s c.d!'

then another guy, apparently seriously, asked Quentin was it true that he was going to direct a big screen version of Half-Life the video game!

For fuck’s sake, like!

it was crazy to think that i was finally watching Death Proof in all it’s glory and Tarantino himself was watching it across the way!

the screening itself was great apart from the two Jameson Muppets either side of me who were literally texting through the entire screening >:(

QT said that the audince response in Dublin was ‘seriously, no bullshit, one of the best’ and that he ‘was supposed to be on the Late Late Show that night but FUCK THAT BULLSHIT!’ which drove the crowd wild.

it’s all on youtube, just type in ‘Tarantino part 1’ ‘part two’ etc. my question is towards the end of part 4 /start of part five.

next day, left me hostel and as i was crossing the road, a white limo drove by…the same limo QT got out of for the premiere. since he was apparently staying in the Clarence Hotel it was probably him!

what a weekend!

Actually your right it was about half and half on the questions some were good. I think im just bitter that i didnt make it into the screening. He seemed impressed with your question too. “Fuck the Late Late Show” Great stuff!

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://au.rottentomatoes.com/m/death_pr … s/1672079/”>http://au.rottentomatoes.com/m/death_proof/news/1672079/</LINK_TEXT>

nice long interview