QT guardian interview at cannes

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://film.guardian.co.uk/interview/in … 97,00.html”>'Resist the temptation to ridicule this' | Movies | The Guardian</LINK_TEXT>

this is interesting:

In the UK, Death Proof was supposed to reach us later in the year, after the full Grindhouse combo, but when Grindhouse was released in the US last month, it turned out that the American public weren’t used to getting so much of a good time. The double-bill format confused them, as did the fake trailers for non-existent films and the missing reels and scratchy celluloid. As a result, the UK distributor and the Weinstein Company have decided to release the film in its two original halves, with Death Proof coming first in September, followed by Planet Terror at a later date. The director hasn’t spoken publicly about the affair but the fact is, he was always making Death Proof, not Grindhouse, and the two are very distinct entities. Even in December, while the film was still shooting, it was his confident intention to enter the standalone film for competition in Cannes.

Nice interview. Thanks.

all this is true I guess but some friends of mine are worling for the French distributor and it seems that he is genuinely disapointed by the box office failure of Grindhouse. nice itw indeed by the way 8)

It’s not a new interview:

When we meet in Los Angeles, Tarantino is tired after doing a day of press for Grindhouse, on the eve of its US premiere

Death Proof’s Cannes premiere is tomorrow, and I’m sure QT will do many interviews there, adressing the European releases.

[quote=“moussemaker”]
It’s not a new interview:

When we meet in Los Angeles, Tarantino is tired after doing a day of press for Grindhouse, on the eve of its US premiere

Death Proof’s Cannes premiere is tomorrow, and I’m sure QT will do many interviews there, adressing the European releases.
[/quote]

oh, sorry, it was in the cannes section of guardian website so thought it was new

yeah it is not new, they even mention the ER shirt that he is wearing on the pics with Seb lol. but still what he says about exploitation films is nice