Tarantino expresses interest in doing a children's film

I was in Heathrow Airport looking through the magazines in the Newsagency when I came across DVD Review with a big TARANTINO across it and "15 years of Quentin’s blood, babes and bullets!"

They talk about a variety of things, but at the end of the third article (talking about Grindhouse), it reads:

Guns, girls and grunts aside, Tarantino lets us in on an urge of his just before we let him slip back to the set to point Kurt Russell in the direction of some screaming girls. “I’d really like to do a kids’ movie, because I love the way kids respond to movies they like,” he says. “When I worked in the video store, the kids would come in and want to see the same film again and again but their parents would get mad at them. I’d just think to myself, ‘that’s cool, they like it, why give them something else?’ They know they like that movie and I love that kind of audience.” Tarantino does Spy Kids? Where do we queue?

I work in a video store and I get that all the time. Kids always want to see the same films over and over. Films that they loved. And the parents are always angry at them because of it.

Personally, I wouldn’t mind it. I don’t think any less of Rodriguez for Spy Kids. They made a lot of money. The Spy Kids films are examples of that type of film that kids watch over and over.

Yeah, a Tarantino kid’s film would be interesting…

but i don’t think it’d be like Spy Kids much, I mean with all the high-tech gadgetry and CG special FX.

I’d bet it’d be more like the '70s films QT watched as a kid. like conniving smart aleck kids getting in trouble like Tatum O’Neal in Bad News Bears or something like that.

What was the first script QT wrote… Captain Peachfuzz and the Anchovy Bandit… that sounds like someth8ing he’d do as a kid movie…!

He could do like a BMX Bandits.

yeah, exactly!

I would be kinda cool to see him tackle that kind of genre…

Excuse me for a second:

LOLOLOLOL!!

I think QT should do one later on in his career but going from adult stuff to kiddie movies right now is something I dont want to see. But if he does Bastards next, he can do whatever he wants after that! :slight_smile:

QT better direct Bastards before. He always brags and brags, telling everybody about every movie he anna direct (remember the kung-fu movie after KB ?). He better concentrates, stays focused and do this d#mned war movie we’ve been all waiting for since so long.

“From the Director of: Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, Kill Bill, Death Proof and BENJI ON THE RUN!!..”

[quote=“cyber-lili”]
QT better direct Bastards before. He always brags and brags, telling everybody about every movie he anna direct (remember the kung-fu movie after KB ?). He better concentrates, stays focused and do this d#mned war movie we’ve been all waiting for since so long.
[/quote]

I hope he does IG after Grindhouse as well. But I think that QT would create a million and one movies if he could. I’m sure he’s got so many ideas of what he wants his next film to be and would probably love to make them all. But, the $64 thousand question is, “Which one do I next?”.

I would love him to a gritty drug movie…I would like that

I dont want QT to ever do another crime film if possible. Theres no point really.

[quote=“PopeyePete”]
I dont want QT to ever do another crime film if possible. Theres no point really.
[/quote]

While that is true, I still can’t get enough of 'em…