After Inglorious Bastards?

Hoxes, rumors, gossip, goings-on, scoop, links, tv, banter....
User avatar
Tristan
Basterd
Posts: 690
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:10 pm
Location: Nantes, France
Contact:

Re: After Inglorious Bastards?

Post by Tristan » Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:33 pm

Pete wrote: We'll see. I mean Im not gonna complain if I get to watch a fuckin 6 hour QT written-directed mini series as opposed to a 2 hour movie. I love going to the movies, but when you think about it, movies are only out for a few months and the rest of your life you gotta watch it on your home TV.
you're fucking right!
but if I have to enjoy a DVD for the rest of my life, well I'd rather enjoy some cool stuff with extra features and all....even if it's a mini serie!
Kinda cute, kinda hot, kinda sexy and hysterically funny but not funny-looking signature which you could laugh at

User avatar
Scarface
Fucking Professional
Posts: 4042
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2003 12:05 am

Re: After Inglorious Bastards?

Post by Scarface » Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:41 pm

IB is going to be a spaghetti western set in WW2. Imagine watching  a spaghetti western in full screen on your tv set, it will lose like 80% of its coolness factor. IB should push QT's visual creativeness even further, and visual movies demand a big screen to be wholly appreciated. That's what I think anyway.

Biohazard's idea sounds cool though.

ToothpickVicVega

Re: After Inglorious Bastards?

Post by ToothpickVicVega » Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:43 pm

Scarface wrote: IB is going to be a spaghetti western set in WW2. Imagine watching  a spaghetti western in full screen on your tv set, it will lose like 80% of its coolness factor. IB should push QT's visual creativeness even further, and visual movies demand a big screen to be wholly appreciated. That's what I think anyway.
I agree with ya. Of course we all want to see it on the big screen, but if I have my choice of watching a QT mini series or a 2 hour film, I gotta go with the mini series.

User avatar
Tristan
Basterd
Posts: 690
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:10 pm
Location: Nantes, France
Contact:

Re: After Inglorious Bastards?

Post by Tristan » Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:45 pm

hahaha like I gotta worry about that...I've got a fucking projector at home, the screen is as big as my wall, and I don't gotta worry about full-screen shit!
but the theater experience is something diefferent, I'll watch the movie in a theater first of course!
Kinda cute, kinda hot, kinda sexy and hysterically funny but not funny-looking signature which you could laugh at

KILL BILL vol.3
Real McCoy
Posts: 200
Joined: Sat May 12, 2007 2:40 pm

Re: After Inglorious Bastards?

Post by KILL BILL vol.3 » Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:00 pm

i want IB to be like a mini series, but three films that all are 2 hours, coming out right after each other, and being released in one huge dvd box set. It should be his epic, he's said that its his best stuff ever written.

Inglorious_Bastard

Re: After Inglorious Bastards?

Post by Inglorious_Bastard » Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:05 pm

Scarface wrote: Fuck TV. I hope that ain't true. Quentin was born for the big screen.
Yeah. IB can be a trilogy of sorts if need be! Or a two parter...

ToothpickVicVega

Re: After Inglorious Bastards?

Post by ToothpickVicVega » Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:13 pm

You think Harveys gonna let him do a multi part movie epic after grindhouses flop? I doubt it. Kill Bill was only 220 pages and look how long that took! Now add on another 400 pages of script. Its not gonna happen unless QT trims it down ALOT. Id rather see his original vision than some trimmed down movie that will only be out for a few months in theaters.
Last edited by Pete on Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KILL BILL vol.3
Real McCoy
Posts: 200
Joined: Sat May 12, 2007 2:40 pm

Re: After Inglorious Bastards?

Post by KILL BILL vol.3 » Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:22 pm

well it could be released as a three part epic...the reason for the grindhouse flop was that it was just too long for normal movie goers. I mean i didnt think it was that long, or atleast it didnt seem it, but most people think that it was just to long and didnt understand where it was coming from. So if he did 3 two hour movies all filmed at once and released close to each other, then i think more people would be inclined to see it. You got the QT fans, normal movie goers, the war fans, the spaghetti western fans...it could work, and if they like the 1st one they'd want a 2nd and 3rd. I'd imagine that if it came out to theatres it would have to be something like this. However, i'd assume its going to be a mini series, or maybe a movie and miniseries, who knows.

Jjp

Re: After Inglorious Bastards?

Post by Jjp » Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:28 pm

ha inglorious bastards volume one two and three.

ToothpickVicVega

Re: After Inglorious Bastards?

Post by ToothpickVicVega » Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:31 pm

KILL BILL vol.3 wrote: well it could be released as a three part epic...the reason for the grindhouse flop was that it was just too long for normal movie goers. I mean i didnt think it was that long, or atleast it didnt seem it, but most people think that it was just to long and didnt understand where it was coming from. So if he did 3 two hour movies all filmed at once and released close to each other, then i think more people would be inclined to see it. You got the QT fans, normal movie goers, the war fans, the spaghetti western fans...it could work, and if they like the 1st one they'd want a 2nd and 3rd. I'd imagine that if it came out to theatres it would have to be something like this. However, i'd assume its going to be a mini series, or maybe a movie and miniseries, who knows.
Ya know the only other thing I could see would be like a Lord of the Rings type thing. Shoot all three at once. Release them separately, He may do that too. But goddamnit, I dont want to wait like a year in between movies of ONE story! That would suck.

User avatar
Scarface
Fucking Professional
Posts: 4042
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2003 12:05 am

Re: After Inglorious Bastards?

Post by Scarface » Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:34 pm

Pete wrote: Ya know the only other thing I could see would be like a Lord of the Rings type thing. Shoot all three at once. Release them separately, He may do that too. But goddamnit, I dont want to wait like a year in between movies of ONE story! That would suck.
Look at it this way then. You'd get a QT movie each year for three years straight. When was the last time that happened? Never. QT always takes a minimum of a three year break between movies anyway, so it's not a problem really.

Jjp

Re: After Inglorious Bastards?

Post by Jjp » Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:38 pm

yea actually i think it would be better if he waited a while before making this it would make everyone want it more.

badmutha77
Kiddo
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:36 am

Re: After Inglorious Bastards?

Post by badmutha77 » Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:27 pm

I'd much rather see a trilogy. Then if he has extra shit to add to it, we get even longer cuts of the individual films on DVD, but ideally a trilogy is the best way to do it. Not that I'd mind a tv miniseries, but I don't think he should do it on the old networks, he should go straight to premium networks.

ToothpickVicVega

Re: After Inglorious Bastards?

Post by ToothpickVicVega » Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:32 pm

Jjp wrote: yea actually i think it would be better if he waited a while before making this it would make everyone want it more.
Hes been talking about it since 1997. How much longer do we have to wait?

Jjp

Re: After Inglorious Bastards?

Post by Jjp » Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:45 pm

Pete wrote: Hes been talking about it since 1997. How much longer do we have to wait?
im talking about time in between his movies...and pete which movie is your firs gifs. from on your signature.

User avatar
Seth_Gecko
Fucking Professional
Posts: 3749
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2003 7:54 pm
Location: The Netherlands
Contact:

Re: After Inglorious Bastards?

Post by Seth_Gecko » Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:59 pm

Sebastian wrote: personally i'd like him to work on something that looks like a 70s sci-fi film, or indeed a comedy or something.
i also still see him do a 100% western
I think he would blow at making a comedy, because his work is funny in a certain moviegeek/ reference way. Him being funny on purpose or making a movie where being funny is the main thing wouldnt be a good choice I think...

I think a western would be the next awesome thing to do...
Image
Hey Paul! *Wields axe* Try getting a reservation at Dorsia now you fucking stupid bastard!

KILL BILL vol.3
Real McCoy
Posts: 200
Joined: Sat May 12, 2007 2:40 pm

Re: After Inglorious Bastards?

Post by KILL BILL vol.3 » Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:11 pm

even though there's all this speculation, we'll never be able to tell what he does next for a while. The reason being, we don't know of/haven't heard of any scripts he's been working on. Recently, we haven't heard him say "well i started this script" or "I'm thinking of writing this script", so that means that 1.) we have no real idea what he plans after IB, cause its the only script he's talked about, and 2.) that after IB it will most likely be a long time before we have another QT movie, because he has to start from scratch, and he's said that there's no way he could make a movie in less than like 3 years if he starts from scratch. Therefore, i think the best thing is, release IB as a three part epic, i mean the script is long enough, and i really dont want a mini series over a movie, or for that matter, three movies, and then release one 2 hour part every six months after the one before was released, then that give us three QT movies, and about a 1-1.5 years time to start another script...just an idea.

User avatar
Seth_Gecko
Fucking Professional
Posts: 3749
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2003 7:54 pm
Location: The Netherlands
Contact:

Re: After Inglorious Bastards?

Post by Seth_Gecko » Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:17 pm

Nobody knows of course, but this topic is about what you personally would like to see him do...
Image
Hey Paul! *Wields axe* Try getting a reservation at Dorsia now you fucking stupid bastard!

User avatar
me
Fucking Professional
Posts: 3950
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:15 am
Location: US of freaking A

Re: After Inglorious Bastards?

Post by me » Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:30 pm

I could see QT making a Black Comedy but not anytime soon

Jjp

Re: After Inglorious Bastards?

Post by Jjp » Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:31 pm

i want another gangster film.

ToothpickVicVega

Re: After Inglorious Bastards?

Post by ToothpickVicVega » Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:33 pm

me wrote: I could see QT making a Black Comedy but not anytime soon
All his films have dark comedy in them. Hes never going to do one specific genre though.

User avatar
me
Fucking Professional
Posts: 3950
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:15 am
Location: US of freaking A

Re: After Inglorious Bastards?

Post by me » Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:39 pm

How about Porno/action movie ;)

Jjp

Re: After Inglorious Bastards?

Post by Jjp » Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:40 pm

me wrote: How about Porno/action movie ;)
now that would be interesting.

User avatar
Cpt tonyanthony
Fucking Professional
Posts: 1441
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:03 am

Re: After Inglorious Bastards?

Post by Cpt tonyanthony » Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:00 am

Pete wrote: I agree with ya. Of course we all want to see it on the big screen, but if I have my choice of watching a QT mini series or a 2 hour film, I gotta go with the mini series.
Right. And we know how QT loves movies. So I think that if he goes with a mini serie, it will have a limited release in festivals or in arthouses anyway.. however, I am wondering: who the hell is going to produce it???
Last edited by Cpt tonyanthony on Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Tristan
Basterd
Posts: 690
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:10 pm
Location: Nantes, France
Contact:

Re: After Inglorious Bastards?

Post by Tristan » Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:22 pm

me wrote: How about Porno/action movie ;)
I'd love a QT porn....
Kinda cute, kinda hot, kinda sexy and hysterically funny but not funny-looking signature which you could laugh at

KILL BILL vol.3
Real McCoy
Posts: 200
Joined: Sat May 12, 2007 2:40 pm

Re: After Inglorious Bastards?

Post by KILL BILL vol.3 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:05 am

tonyanthony wrote: Right. And we know how QT loves movies. So I think that if he goes with a mini serie, it will have a limited release in festivals or in arthouses anyway.. however, I am wondering: who the hell is going to produce it???
Ya i wonder who's goin to produce it too. Lawrence and QT split up so i have no idea. I saw on imdb that Lawrence was going to produce, but i assume that was posted before the split. Who knows.

User avatar
Sebastian
Inglourious Basterd
Posts: 7837
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2000 11:00 pm
Location: Berlin, Germany
Contact:

Re: After Inglorious Bastards?

Post by Sebastian » Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:37 am

Scarface wrote: Fuck TV. I hope that ain't true. Quentin was born for the big screen.
I disagree. as much as he grew up with movie theaters, he also grew up a tv junkie

User avatar
Snake Eyes
Basterd
Posts: 895
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2005 4:45 am
Location: Land of OZ

Re: After Inglorious Bastards?

Post by Snake Eyes » Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:56 am

what kind of TV show would Tarantino make...Fox Force Five ?
Last edited by Snake Eyes on Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image

User avatar
Cpt tonyanthony
Fucking Professional
Posts: 1441
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:03 am

Re: After Inglorious Bastards?

Post by Cpt tonyanthony » Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:33 am

KILL BILL vol.3 wrote: Ya i wonder who's goin to produce it too. Lawrence and QT split up so i have no idea. I saw on imdb that Lawrence was going to produce, but i assume that was posted before the split. Who knows.
i hope he won't do it in Austin, with a green screen and RR!! at one point, i thought maybe Spielberg, and Kathleen Kennedy and all that crew could be good.. since 1)they did several war films and shows and 2) they know how to produce 3) spielberg and qt are friends

User avatar
zeppelincheetah
Hard Drinker
Posts: 166
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:47 am
Location: Tennessee

Re: After Inglorious Bastards?

Post by zeppelincheetah » Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:34 am

I think he should definitely try sci-fi.  here's an idea I just thought of:

Starring Uma Thurman, Michael Madsen, Steve Buscemi and Samuel L. Jackson (in addition to actors that weren't used in previous Tarantino movies). It's in the late 21st century and there's a plan to take over a supply ship that's heading between Earth and Mars.  Sam Jackson's character is the leader of the group, naturally. 
You get a cookie if you've seen me on Gamefaqs.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests