After Inglorious Bastards?

Hoxes, rumors, gossip, goings-on, scoop, links, tv, banter....
KILL BILL vol.3
Real McCoy

Re: After Inglorious Bastards?

Post by KILL BILL vol.3 » Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:12 pm

Dantes Inferno wrote: He should definitely do Inglorious Bastards next, no question, but it is indeed interesting to speculate what he'll do after IB. I don't know if he should do a 100% western, I think it's cooler when the influence is more subtle, as in Reservoir Dogs kinda being some sort of modern variant of The Good, The Bad And The Ugly. And yes, I know it's QT we're talking about, but just because he has some non-subtle influences, doesn't mean he can have some subtle ones. And now I'm apparently arguing with myself, so I'll stop here.

But it would be cool to see a QT film that doesn't necessarily cover something dark.
Bad Max wrote: I wanna see him make:

Inglorious Bastards

2 Spaggethi westerns

A Comedy

a cop film

Reservoir dogs in terms of the characters is influenced by Di Leo films and italian crime movies, not so much G,B,U. In a lot of italian crime movies, the main characters are off the wall and you don't know what to expect next, so if anything, RD is a subtle reference to this type of characters such in Di Leo/Martino films, etc. A full fledged cop movie, like crooked cop movie from QT would be the shit and something that would be really cool for him to do. If he was to make such a movie, then you would def. see the Di Leo/Martino influence.

Mike Hammer
Cowardly Lion

Post by Mike Hammer » Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:24 pm

Inglorious Bastards

2 Spaggethi westerns

A Comedy

a cop film

It would be fantastic if he'd make a Howard Hawks style slapstick comedy.

pomimimin
Cowardly Lion

Post by pomimimin » Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:55 pm

Well, i think there are still many great things he could do with gangsters, but he should make, a western and a comedy. As for the cop movie idea, i dont think it would work out. Its all been done. You said with crooked cops and stuff, but many crime movies have crooked cops, (Scorpio, hoodlum, the godfather.) QT could probaby make a really great cop movie, but id rather see him make movies on genres less touched upon.
Last edited by pomimimin on Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ToothpickVicVega

Post by ToothpickVicVega » Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:00 pm

I dont see QT returning to the crime genre for the rest of his career. At least not the gangster type stuff. Its been done to death anyways. He'll be doing his WW2 movie, Hixploitation, and hopefully some spaghetti westerns and some historical genre movies.

Scarface
Fucking Professional

Post by Scarface » Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:16 pm

I just hope QT won't remain into b-movie territory his whole career. Kill Bill is one of my favorite movies and I'll probably love Death Proof too, but I think 2 movies are enough to give tribute to his love for trash cinema. I don't want to see him direct another movie falling into the "blacks/sex/hicks/whateverexploitation" genre, at least not for now.

ToothpickVicVega

Post by ToothpickVicVega » Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:27 pm

The funny thing is, QTs entire career is a mix of Exploitation and arthouse cinema. Even Death Proof is like a more artistic version of the old Exploitation films. I think every film he makes will always be steeped in both areas of cinema. He'll always mix two or three genres into one movie too. So when he does his WW2 movie, it will be like a war-spaghetti western-something else all mixed into one.
Last edited by Pete on Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tristan
Basterd

Post by Tristan » Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:32 pm

Inglorious Bastards

2 Spaggethi westerns

A Comedy

a cop film
yeah a cop film would be greaaaat!
one straight, the other one badass and gangster as hell
but it wouldn't look like some starsky-hutch shit, I'm sure QT would do better than that!
Kinda cute, kinda hot, kinda sexy and hysterically funny but not funny-looking signature which you could laugh at

Col. Crazy Kenneth
Fucking Professional

Post by Col. Crazy Kenneth » Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:53 pm

I want to see QT do a drama movie.
"So much of what you see now in Hollywood is written and directed by committee, and you can see it. Things are so workshopped and so run around the room, and so overthought." - Trey Parker

Tristan
Basterd

Post by Tristan » Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:13 pm

in a way, Jackie Brown is a drama movie, isn't it?
Kinda cute, kinda hot, kinda sexy and hysterically funny but not funny-looking signature which you could laugh at

Inglorious_Bastard

Post by Inglorious_Bastard » Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:07 pm

I wouldn't call it an action movie...but it'd fall under the crime genre.

I'd like to see a cop film from QT, but I'd have a heart attack if he actually made a spaghetti western.

Scarface
Fucking Professional

Post by Scarface » Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:23 pm

Inglorious Bastards is going to be heavily influenced by spaghetti westerns, QT's own words

ToothpickVicVega

Post by ToothpickVicVega » Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:26 pm

QT made IB sound like its going to be a regular spaghetti western just with soldiers instead of gunfighters. Dont forget, The GBU took place in a war too. :)

Scarface
Fucking Professional

Post by Scarface » Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:31 pm

Stand-offs, Leone style...directed by QT. I'm there baby!  8)

ToothpickVicVega

Post by ToothpickVicVega » Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:35 pm

Its gonna be shweet!

Inglorious_Bastard

Post by Inglorious_Bastard » Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:18 pm

It will.

But I'd still like to see a full blown western.

ToothpickVicVega

Post by ToothpickVicVega » Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:25 pm

He'll def do a Western somewhere down the line. Dont worry bout that.

Kiriyama

Post by Kiriyama » Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:58 pm

Man, that's a hairy bush.

ailemrac07
Real McCoy

Post by ailemrac07 » Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:59 am

lol, I think that everytime I read one of Pete's comments.
If i wanna see Chewbacca I'll watch Star Wars.

Tristan
Basterd

Post by Tristan » Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:35 pm

Scarface wrote: Inglorious Bastards is going to be heavily influenced by spaghetti westerns, QT's own words
I read somewhere QT saying that Inglorious Bastard's second title is/would be/could be "Once upon a time in Nazi-Occupied France."

it's damn cool, isn'it?

ailemrac07 wrote: lol, I think that everytime I read one of Pete's comments.
If i wanna see Chewbacca I'll watch Star Wars.
yeah you're fuckin right! I love his signature! :P

Cpt tonyanthony
Fucking Professional

Post by Cpt tonyanthony » Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:59 pm

Tristan wrote: I read somewhere QT saying that Inglorious Bastard's second title is/would be/could be "Once upon a time in Nazi-Occupied France."

it's damn cool, isn'it?
i saw a q&a w him once and that's what he said.. he mentioned it in his itw w. Seb, that it was actually the subtitle of the screenplay

Tristan
Basterd

Post by Tristan » Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:40 pm

tonyanthony wrote: i saw a q&a w him once and that's what he said.. he mentioned it in his itw w. Seb, that it was actually the subtitle of the screenplay
right exactly what I meant!

ailemrac07
Real McCoy

Post by ailemrac07 » Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:40 pm

Well if Inglorious Bastards does indeed get split up, instead of having "Vol. 2" or "Part II" maybe they can have the first part as "Once Upon a Time in Nazi-Occupied France" and the other part "Inglorious Bastards"

ToothpickVicVega

Post by ToothpickVicVega » Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:42 pm

I dont even think Bastards is gonna be a real theatrical film. Its gonna be a TV mini series. 600 page script? No way can QT do a 2 hour movie out of that.

Scarface
Fucking Professional

Post by Scarface » Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:48 pm

Fuck TV. I hope that ain't true. Quentin was born for the big screen.

Tristan
Basterd

Post by Tristan » Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:49 pm

damn is the script REALLY 600 pages long?

ToothpickVicVega

Post by ToothpickVicVega » Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:59 pm

Scarface wrote: Fuck TV. I hope that ain't true. Quentin was born for the big screen.
Its gonna be like Band of Brothers I think. Im not shittin ya!

Lucio Fulci

Post by Lucio Fulci » Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:03 pm

A feature then the mini-series. Remember QT said he had so many stories to choose from. So I guess he will pick his fave to turn into a feature, then he'll make the mini-series from the rest.

Tristan
Basterd

Post by Tristan » Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:06 pm

yeah that'd be cool if they come out on dvd like real movies, with real extra features and so

ToothpickVicVega

Post by ToothpickVicVega » Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:31 pm

We'll see. I mean Im not gonna complain if I get to watch a fuckin 6 hour QT written-directed mini series as opposed to a 2 hour movie. I love going to the movies, but when you think about it, movies are only out for a few months and the rest of your life you gotta watch it on your home TV.

Tristan
Basterd

Post by Tristan » Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:33 pm

Pete wrote: We'll see. I mean Im not gonna complain if I get to watch a fuckin 6 hour QT written-directed mini series as opposed to a 2 hour movie. I love going to the movies, but when you think about it, movies are only out for a few months and the rest of your life you gotta watch it on your home TV.
you're fucking right!
but if I have to enjoy a DVD for the rest of my life, well I'd rather enjoy some cool stuff with extra features and all....even if it's a mini serie!