Quentin presents the Rollerderby Night

On September 17th Tarantino will present the Alama Drafthouse Double Feature about Rollerderbys. The two movies are the Raquel Welch flick KANSAS CITY BOMBER (buy the DVD) and UNHOLY ROLLERS with beautiful Playmate Claudia Jennings. I Know ROLLERBALL and that’s it for the genre. Take it for inspiration. I will.

Ive seen Kansas City Bombers, but havent seen Unholy Rollers yet. Sounds like a fun night at the Alamo tho!

I’ve read that UNHOLY ROLLERS was AIPs answer to the Raquel Welch flick. And that’s pretty much the genre. There was a documentation and a themed CHARLIE’S ANGELS episode and later the sci-fi movie ROLLERBALL. This is the way I like my subgenres - the right size. And wow, I don’t know Claudia Jennings, but she looked pretty hot. Played also in THE STEPMOTHER, GROUP MARRIAGE and the early Cronenberg film FAST COMPANY.

@WinslowLeach

How do you like KANSAS CITY BOMBER? I’m gonna watch it as soon as possible.

I’ll be going! Me and my roomate are going to the first film… I hope QT is there, as it says he is hosting it.

[quote=“William Cutting”]How do you like KANSAS CITY BOMBER? I’m gonna watch it as soon as possible. [/quote]

Well, to be honest, I cant say I’m a huge fan of the Roller Derby subgenre, but I’ll watch anything with Raquel Welch in it. :slight_smile:h

[quote=“WinslowLeach”]
but I’ll watch anything with Raquel Welch in it. :slight_smile:h
[/quote]

I’ll second that.

[quote=“WinslowLeach”]
…, but I’ll watch anything with Raquel Welch in it. :slight_smile:h
[/quote]

here’s to a man who’s damn right cheers

Are there no news to this event? Dumbdistraction, Cinemastrikesback and Co. seem to be on holiday. Too poor.

and I am either drunk, busy with college or sleeping :wink:

haha

[quote=“The Seb”]
and I am either drunk, busy with college or sleeping :wink:

haha
[/quote]

:o Hey not really serious for the admin!