Tarantino: 'Be Cool' not so

Cool… He resuses to watch it!

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://breakingnews.iol.ie/entertainmen … =y384x6358”>http://breakingnews.iol.ie/entertainment/story.asp?j=138405652&p=y384x6358</LINK_TEXT>

That’s kinda weird, I thought Tarantino would have been proud, because of the number of homages he does.

Tarantino pays homeage to millions of different films. But I hear Be Cool only just “homeages” Pulp Fiction. I think it is basically a regurgitation of Tarantino’s true masterpiece, which he feels isn’t necessary, maybe a a nod or two, but to copy a lot of it is like stepping over the line. Also, that news is quite a coincidence seen as I declared not so long ago that I refuse to watch Be Cool because of how much they actually tried to copy from Pulp Fiction. But to each his own I guess.

I havent read ONE SINGLE positive review of that movie. seems like is sucks major ass

Just like he refues to watch NBK, but c’mon with the amount of movies Q watches, he’s gotta have seen it in secret or something… if even for watchin Uma… while dribbling

I will never watch it, the commercial was enough, just like I’ll never watch Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2, 3 or 4 or the fucking remake, Swept Away, Star Wars and many other movies. If someone knows he won’t like the movie, why should he see it.

[quote=“j_c”]
That’s kinda weird, I thought Tarantino would have been proud, because of the number of homages he does.
[/quote]

Weird? Look man imagine you’ve made a masterpiece, you’d be proud of IT, not other people referring to your movie and making commercial shit.

Yeh I know what you mean, but you know Quentin makes lots of references, you think he would appreciate someone referencing his films.

But then again I havn’t seen it (going to see it tomorrow) so I can’t say how much it copies from PF.

Well, Tarantino’s film references are there just to make the film more cool to watch and he takes best stuff from other films and uses it and it IS stylish how HE does it. Be Cool is a sad case of using Pulp Fiction reference to get more people to watch it, they put it all in the commercial.

Yeh, at first I thought it was cool, Uma and John dancing again, now it’s just starting to sound like a bit much.

[quote=“Dillontino”]
Just like he refues to watch NBK, but c’mon with the amount of movies Q watches, he’s gotta have seen it in secret or something… if even for watchin Uma… while dribbling
[/quote]

I agree with you! Although all the reviews are bad, i will probably still see it…gotta see it before i make up my mind

Yeah after that you’ll probably post your negative comments after that with lines such as “it totally wasn’t worth to watch it” and “I wish I had used that time better”.

Again. When is this forum upgrade coming out, so we can finally edit our posts?

that movie SUCKED :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s damn insulting to Cannonball Run. That film is great. Cannonball Run 2 is even better!

Here’s a extension of that Cannonball speach… Damn funny

“Oh try to be Q (as in Quentin). No, I haven’t seen it, I won’t see it. It looks like the Cannonball Run to me. Everytime I keep seeing that poster I keep expecting to see Jamie Farr as that Sheik guy sitting right next to Cedric The Entertainer. It’s Cannonball Run 4, so I haven’t seen it, sorry”, Femalefirst quoted him as saying.(ANI)

From: http://www.keralanext.com/news/indexread.asp?id=170641

Yeah I liked Cannonball Run when I was young.

Anyhow - BE COOL was written by ELMORE LEONARD - I am surprised for that reason he wouldn’t want to see it since that’s one of his heros.

GET SHORTY was good - BE COOL was aight - that goes both for the BOOKS and the FLICKS

I enjoyed Be Cool. It’s certainly not a great movie, but not a bad one either. Uma and John were not the highlights of the show. Actually, The Rock was the best part. Not every movie can be a masterpiece, but if it entertains you and makes you laugh, it’s still worth watching.

I still haven’t seen it, but i want to, it looks like an entertaining film

I will see it at some point, i’m not in a rush because you can’t steal from a film and make a movie from it if the original is the best, you can’t try and beat the best! Anyway i’ve read the Elmore Leonard books for both Get Shorty and Be Cool and by the trailer you can even tell it ain’t guna be half as good!

Hey, that pic with Quentin’s face pasted over John Travolta’s was so funny!!! ;D

All I want to see is Uma and JT dance together again! 8 :slight_smile: