QT votes for The Passion

Quentin Tarantino said, “I voted for Mel Gibson for best director for the Oscar nominations.” Really? Is he religious? “Not really, but I felt (The Passion of the Christ) captured the power of silent cinema at its finest. It’s a great piece of cinema.”

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/mov … bits_x.htm”>USATODAY.com - More Globes tidbits: What didn't we see on TV?</LINK_TEXT>

Uh… sure let’s go with that. It’s certainly a ground-breaker, but I’m not sure deserving of an Oscar.

QT is right about it being “silent film at it’s finest.” The film was originally going to be released without subtitles.

[quote=“FilmGuy”]
QT is right about it being “silent film at it’s finest.” The film was originally going to be released without subtitles.
[/quote]

I can understand QT for voting for the Passion, but the nature of the film is a very controversial one and its very hard to take a objective stand point on this

I need to rent it. I still haven’t watched it. :’(

Just as well it had subtitles, I couldn’t hear anything due to the legions of crying people surrounding me. Great movie!

Passion Of The Christ Trailer KB Style:

<LINK_TEXT text=“ifilm.com domain name is for sale. Inquire now. … =7063&ns=1”>ifilm.com domain name is for sale. Inquire now.</LINK_TEXT>

He probably only liked the Passion cus of the violence.

I’d like to know what silent films Quentin likes. In the book of interviews it is mentioned that there is a silent movie theatre that Quentin goes to regularly.