QT's next: SB Mandarin flick?

Quentin Tarantino has revealed his next movie will be a kung-fu flick shot entirely in Mandarin.

The Kill Bill director will make two versions of the movie – one with subtitles and one with a dubbed English soundtrack.

And in homage to kitsch kung fu films of the Seventies, the dubbing will be deliberately out of sync.

Martial arts fan Tarantino revealed his plans in an interview with Total Film magazine.

He is putting his long-awaited Second World War epic Inglorious Bastards on hold to make the Mandarin film.

“My next movie is gonna be another kung fu that’s gonna blow your asses off. Everyone still thinks I’m doing Inglorious Bastards next but before I do I want to do something much smaller,� Tarantino said.

“The next movie will be in Mandarin. I enjoyed shooting all the Japanese stuff in Kill Bill so much that this whole film will be entirely in Mandarin.

“If you’re not up to watching it with subtitles, I really want to do a full-on dubbed version. Maybe shooting two Kill Bill movies has spoiled me but f*** it – sue me.�

The Reservoir Dogs director is set to start work on the as-yet-unnamed movie early next year.

Total Film’s Mark Dinning said: “I’m not surprised by this move to make a movie in a foreign language – the man is a walking encyclopaedia of weird and wonderful movies and he loves kung fu. He wants to make a genuine martial arts film with all the ideas he has spilling over from shooting Kill Bill.

“This project has Tarantino written all over it – a mix of the barmy and the brilliant that film fans will be excited about seeing.�

The full interview is published in this month’s Total Film magazine, out this Thursday.

http://news.scotsman.com/latest.cfm?id=3701952

Oh, for fucks sake. He has already done kung fu film. Why not do Inglorious Bastards first then do the kung fu film?? :-</E>

I wonder if he intends to make it like Hero or House of Flying Daggers??

Nah, i’m guessing more Old-school type shit. This is going to rule. IB was going to take like 10 years to make anyway. Fuck that.

I’d rather he made ‘his’ spaghetti western. But if this film turns out to be something special, who am I to complain?? I’m just saying, he had done Kung-Fu already, why not try his hand at something different, he can always go back and do the Kung fu flick later. I’ve had enough of the Kung Fu genre for the next 5 years or so, a World war II film would be just what the doctor ordered. I aint doubting the man though!!

Well, Volume 2 was sortof his Spaghetti Western also and when I first heard about Kill Bill, I expected there to be a lot more kung fu action than what was actually in the movie. Now a straight out kung fu movie in my opinion would just be awesome. I think IB will have a SW influence, but it’ll be more of an homage to those old 60’s war adventure movies. Yes I know QT said it’ll be his SW, but it’s a war film first and foremost.

[quote=“IL_Buono”]
Well, Volume 2 was sortof his Spaghetti Western also and when I first heard about Kill Bill, I expected there to be a lot more kung fu action than what was actually in the movie. Now a straight out kung fu movie in my opinion would just be awesome. I think IB will have a SW influence, but it’ll be more of an homage to those old 60’s war adventure movies. Yes I know QT said it’ll be his SW, but it’s a war film first and foremost.
[/quote]

So we’re agreed… Hell Ride it is :stuck_out_tongue:

If by Hell Ride, you mean Kung Fu flick, then yes we agree. :-*

Cast list will more then likely include Gordan Liu playing seven different characters

never mind, read the article wrong

I have a lot of Asian friends and most of them thought Quentin’s martial arts take in Kill Bill was laughable.

you knwo what this proves that QT doesnt know what he’s making till its set in stone. He can do whatever, but dont say your ganna do another film then say your doing this film.

You know how on those news programs they have the news scrolling at the bottom of the screen? Well, today while i was watching CNN and on the scroll it said something along the lines of, “tarantino wants to make a movie written completly in mandarin chinese.” I believe thats all it said. I was surprised to not to see anything about it on the news of the site. Then i come to the messageboard and didnt see anything either; i didnt really look very hard, though. I thought i would clue you all in on my find. It’s probably old news or already discussed but just in case.

[quote=“silentsean”]
you knwo what this proves that QT doesnt know what he’s making till its set in stone. He can do whatever, but dont say your ganna do another film then say your doing this film.
[/quote]

I said that in a nother thread. He says one thing and does another.

[quote=“Fatale”]
I have a lot of Asian friends and most of them thought Quentin’s martial arts take in Kill Bill was laughable.
[/quote]

Yeah and being asian makes your word automatically definitive as far as martial arts movies are concerned ::slight_smile:

Quentin was talking something about this a while ago, except only vaguely mentioning making his martial arts movie after Inglorious Bastards. If he did a martial arts movie in typical old school fashion but added that Quentin flavour to it, no doubt it would be awesome.

Hey Mouth, you dont have to bitch about what I said. It is the opinion of others not me. Got that? Others…not me…others…not me

fuck that… i wanna see IB. why is he riding on that china-movie stream right now? we have too much of that already - from china. why isnt he making his own stuff?

I dont think QT is making this movie for his fans, he is making it for himself.

I’m a fan and he’s making this one for me. IB is what, 3 scripts? How long would that take anyway? This one will probably only take a few months to a year at the most, and it’s definitely going to be awesome. So i’m excited.

[quote=“Fatale”]
I dont think QT is making this movie for his fans, he is making it for himself.
[/quote]
maybe hes making up for volume two

No Jess, he is making the film for himself… not for anyone else …himself