Sally Menke wins Editing Award and Quentin looks nice again

here a source: <LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.moviecitynews.com/notepad/20 … 27_pr.html”>http://www.moviecitynews.com/notepad/2004/040927_pr.html</LINK_TEXT>

The Hollywood Film Festival’s Board

of Advisors is proud to announce that this year’s festival will honor Oscar(r)-nominated actress ANNETTE BENING with its “Hollywood Actress of the Year Award” and Academy Award nominated actor LEONARDO DiCAPRIO with the “Hollywood Actor of the Year Award.”

The awards will be bestowed upon Ms. Bening and Mr. DiCaprio as part of the Hollywood Awards Gala Ceremony on Monday evening, October 18, at the Beverly Hilton Hotel. Other industry professionals who will be honored for their achievements at the Gala Awards Ceremony are John Travolta for lifetime achievement, Mel Gibson for producing, Michael Mann for directing, Bob Berney for leadership, UCLA School of Theater, Film and Television Dean Robert Rosen for film preservation, John Logan for screenwriting, Caleb Deschanel for cinematography, Sally Menke for editing, Thomas Newman for film composing, John Dykstra for visual effects, Albert Wolsky for costume design, Stuart Craig for production design, Ve Neill for make-up, Debra Zane for casting, and DreamWorks’ “Shrek 2” for animation. In addition, Jamie Foxx and Keira Knightley will be honored with the festival’s Breakthrough Acting awards, and Zach Braff with the “Hollywood Breakthrough Director of the Year Award.”

EDIt:

Source: <LINK_TEXT text=“MRC Entertainment | Global Entertainment Company with Businesses Spanning Film, Television, Media and Data … kudos.html”>MRC Entertainment | Global Entertainment Company with Businesses Spanning Film, Television, Media and Data</LINK_TEXT>

The Hollywood Film Festival announces honorees who will be recognized for their outstanding achievements at the festival’s Hollywood Awards Gala Ceremony, which will take place on October 18, 2004, at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Beverly Hills.

Academy-nominated editor Sally Menke will receive the "Hollywood Editor of the Year Award," Academy Award-winning visual effects artist John Dykstra will receive the “Hollywood Visual Effects of the Year Award,” two-time Oscar®-winning costume designer Albert Wolsky will be honored with the “Hollywood Costume Designer of the Year Award,” three-time Academy Award-winning production designer Stuart Craig will receive the “Hollywood Art Director of the Year Award,” three time Oscar®-winning make-up artist Ve Neill will be honored with the “Hollywood Make-Up Artist of the Year Award,” and casting director Debra Zane will be honored with the “Hollywood Casting Director of the Year Award.”

The “Hollywood Awards” will be bestowed upon the honorees during the Hollywood Awards Gala Ceremony on Monday evening, October 18, at the Beverly Hilton Hotel.

Academy Award-nominated editor Sally Menke, renowned for her editing work on Quentin Tarantino’s films, received her Oscar® nomination for “Pulp Fiction.” Her body of work also includes “Kill Bill: Vol. 2,” “Kill Bill: Vol. 1,” “All the Pretty Horses,” “Jackie Brown,” “Nightwatch,” “Mulholland Falls,” “Heaven & Earth” and “Reservoir Dogs” among others.

deservingly :wink:

What phenomenal credits and incredible work. Very deserving.

Just remembered, that we had an old topic about Sally Menke and KB:

http://www.tarantino.info/forum/index.php?topic=377.0

wow, QT looks normal again.

How could he have possibly lost all that weight in so little time??

The question is, has he lost weight or does only his suit fit very well? You can do a lot with a great suit.

Quentin looks well sexy, although he’s hiding his left hand (which has his wedding finger!), is he hiding a WEDDING RING?

Plus, what’s he holding, a cd?

Hiding his left hand?

I can’t see that…

But I think he is holding some promo stuff in his hand. Could be a CD or a little booklet, something they give away at this kind of events.

Still not married and has not lost one finger: :wink:

:smiley: I’m always amazed by QTs big hands :smiley: You know what they say about guys with big hands… ;D

[quote=“moussemaker”]
:smiley: I’m always amazed by QTs big hands :smiley: You know what they say about guys with big hands… ;D
[/quote]

HOLY SHIT! I never will be able to look at one of his pics without smiling....
Well in Germany we say this about the length of a nose and.... Anyway, hands and...hm.... *g*

[quote=“CPS”]
Well in Germany we say this about the length of a nose and… Anyway, hands and…hm… g
[/quote]

I can confirm the nose thing ::slight_smile:

Sally deserved it and quentins shirt looks cool.

I can confirm the big hands theory :-*

Okay, and now please back on topic… :wink:

Maybe someone can open a topic about QTs… in the CHAT board - thanx