Tarantino is a Muppet!

Singer-actress Ashanti is set and Queen Latifah is in final negotiations to star in ABC’s original movie tentatively titled “The Muppets’ Wizard of Oz.” Also set to appear in the Muppet take on the classic L. Frank Baum novel is Quentin Tarantino, who will play himself. Kirk R. Thatcher, who directed NBC’s successful “Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie” in 2002, is on board to helm the family film, which will air as part of the Wonderful World of Disney franchise

(the hollywood reporter)

ughh thats annoying

tarantino needs to just stop exposeing himself like this

wait a minute rocky rangler, umm QT is ganna be a muppet in a muppet version of Wizard of Oz. Since when does Dorothy meet a crime movie Director, on her road to Oz??

Must of sounded like a good idea when QT was stoned, cause so many bad ideas sounded good when stoned.

it thought it was a kinda funny idea, cant wait to see it

The Muppet movies are hilarious, and even adults can enjoy them. I remember watching old Muppet shows, and lots of celebrities showed up; not just “family friendly” ones either. I remember Johnny Cash and Debbie Harry off the top of my head.

And I don’t think he’s going to be an actual Muppet…he’s just going to cameo.

Everyone on Kittyradio (courtney love message board) in their “screening room fourm” is saying how this sounds like such a stupid/lame idea.

he might give it a funny twist…

he might…

[quote]ughh thats annoying

tarantino needs to just stop exposeing himself like this[/quote]

i dont think it is necessarily considered exposing himself. he was a kid when the muppets first aired. im sure he just loved it back then and i bet he got offered to do it and he was more than happy to comply.

HaHa, Tarantino in a muppets film. Is it going to the theatres or straight to video?

Made for TV. The Muppets are fuckin awesome, yo. I wanna see QT toke up with Animal. That would be the shit!

i would laugh my ass off! ;D

a Tarantino muppet would be hilarious. but i dont think thats direction theyre going

Here’s another article from Talk Entertainment:

Tarantino to star in Muppets film

Tarantino has previously starred in films such as From Dusk Till Dawn

Kill Bill director Quentin Tarantino is to appear in a new Muppets film based on The Wizard of Oz.

The Muppets’ Wonderful Wizard of Oz will also feature R&B star Ashanti as Dorothy and Chicago star Queen Latifah as Auntie Em.

Filming is due to start in Vancouver next month. It is set to be screened on US TV in the autumn.

Tarantino, who also appeared in From Dusk Till Dawn, is often criticised for the graphic violence in his movies.

Described as a “madcap adventure”, the film is based on Frank L Baum’s The Wonderful Wizard of Oz.

The main roles in the film will be taken by Muppets

Popular foam puppets The Muppets will take most of the leading roles.

Miss Piggy will appear as three wicked witches and Glinda, Good Witch of the South.

Kermit the Frog will be the Scarecrow, the Great Gonzo will be the Tin Man and Fozzie Bear will play the Lion.

The Muppets’ Wonderful Wizard of Oz will follow the acclaimed 1939 film version, starring Judy Garland, and 1978 re-make The Wiz, which featured Diana Ross as Dorothy.

The Muppets film and TV rights were sold to the Walt Disney corporation by the family of their late creator, Jim Henson, in February.

I think this is one of those childhood dream things come true. I grew up with the muppets and imagined myself as a star doing a cameo etc. So, now as a star he gets a chance to do just that, do a cameo. Has much thought gone into it? Does it sound lame?

To me it just sounds weird. But the muppet show was way cool and the guests were well written for and not embarassed acting next to foam.

Look at it this way, you’ve gotta have some fun sometime. And he probably sees this as fun.

[quote=“roulette67”]
I think this is one of those childhood dream things come true. I grew up with the muppets and imagined myself as a star doing a cameo etc. So, now as a star he gets a chance to do just that, do a cameo. Has much thought gone into it? Does it sound lame?

To me it just sounds weird. But the muppet show was way cool and the guests were well written for and not embarassed acting next to foam.

Look at it this way, you’ve gotta have some fun sometime. And he probably sees this as fun.
[/quote]

You’ve gotta have some fun some time? He has so much fun making movies!!

I just thought about something- Quentin can’t act worth shit and he’ll probably just end up making a huge ass of himself like the time he was drunk on Leno. Oh well…I’ll still watch it. Maybe.

Muppets freak me out

It’ll probably turn into something out of Meet the Feebles.

[quote=“IL_Buono”]
Made for TV. The Muppets are fuckin awesome, yo. I wanna see QT toke up with Animal. That would be the shit!

[/quote]yeah man that WOULD be the shit! QT is total muppet dude- kung fu kick ass muppets now thats wot im talkin bout

Muppets are GREAT! And I think it’s wonderful that they include people like Quentin in their movies… the kids need to learn who are the valuable artists!