Tarantino at the Academy Awards

Since he isn’t up for any awards, I was wondering if any of you knew/thought he might be there. As a presenter or an audience member or what not. Just curious, since it will determine how long I watch the AA’s for. ;D

This topic is troll food.

[quote]This topic is troll food.[/quote]

WHY?

[quote]

WHY?[/quote]

Because matrixfan or some other faggot will bring thier troll ass in here.

That’s WHY

[quote]

Because matrixfan or some other faggot will bring thier troll ass in here.

That’s WHY[/quote]

Is matrixfan still here? DAMN I hate that piece of shit

id rather have QT working on inglorious bastards then being at the oscars. but hey its his life

I’m sure he’s there. He’s been to almost all the other awards. he will be there with some chicks, be at the after-party and all. and maybe you should look closer, when some camera moves above the audience, maybe he sits somewhere together with all the miramax people

If I was him I wouldn’t give a fuck.

Have you seen the gifts they give presenters? I’d be begging for a chance to present at everything!

It’s fuckin bullshit, because they give $30,000 gift baskets to people who could wipe their ass with it.

Yeah, but free stuff is free stuff. Free booze, free food, free parties with incredibly gorgeous women. I’m all for that.

Of course he’ll be there. He’s an Academy winner. Hell, since Vol. 2 comes out in April, he might even present (screenplay) for promotional purposes. And like someone above mentioned…the free shit is in abundance…

[quote]Of course he’ll be there. He’s an Academy winner.  Hell, since Vol. 2 comes out in April, he might even present (screenplay) for promotional purposes.  And like someone above mentioned…the free shit is in abundance…[/quote]

No, I thank that ain’t gonna happen. Altough he presented a award at the Grammy’s.

[quote]It’s fuckin bullshit, because they give $30,000 gift baskets to people who could wipe their ass with it.[/quote]

I agree whole heartedly. Why is that people start to get everything for free in America ONLY AFTER they become rich? I’m sure QT could have really used those $30,000 dollar gift baskets when he was living with his mom, working at video rental store, and trying to peck out True Romance on his dirty, old typewriter. Now? Ha!

I think hell be there, i can almost count on it, but i doubt hell present anything.

For any true movie fan, which Tarantino is obviously, the Oscars are simply a great place to be, and he’s got more right to be presenting an Oscar than a freakin’ Grammy.

[quote]For any true movie fan, […] the Oscars are simply a great place to be.[/quote]

what do the Oscars and true movies have to do with each other? the oscars are the mainstream blockbuster shitfestivals of the movie world. it’s the academy we’re talking about here, not the independent spirit awards

[quote]

what do the Oscars and true movies have to do with each other? the oscars are the mainstream blockbuster shitfestivals of the movie world. it’s the academy we’re talking about here, not the independent spirit awards[/quote]

The Academy Award is still the most prestigious movie award in the world arguably aside from the Palme D’or (sp?). Besides, what movie fan wouldn’t give his left nut to be at an event that regularly seats such legends as Jack Nicholson, Robert De Niro, Al Pacino, Martin Scorsese (though he’s never won), Tom Hanks, etc. in their midst? I can see you arguing over the merits of the movies that actually win the awards, but don’t knock the prestige of the ceremony of itself. You know you’d want to be there if you had the chance.

Did anybody saw QT at the Oscars?

i hope he wasnt there. i said it once and ill say it again, hopefully he was out working on inglorious bastards