Tarantino on American Idol

XD I’m so fucking serious. He was in the audience for the May 13th show. They didn’t do anything too exciting other than show he was there, but it was so weird. So of corse I have it on tape.

Pardon my ignorance but what is “American Idol”. Sounds kind of tacky though (no offense to anyone). ???

[quote]Pardon my ignorance but what is “American Idol”. Sounds kind of tacky though (no offense to anyone).  ??? [/quote]

Here’s a start:

American Idol Links

Yeah, I saw him there too!

Going for Rueben!

[quote]Pardon my ignorance but what is “American Idol”. Sounds kind of tacky though (no offense to anyone).  ??? [/quote]

Yeah, I was gonna make a post, but "M" beat me to it.  He was just there in the audience with two black chicks next to him, chillin'.  It didn't look like he was with them though.  He just looked like he was there to be entertained (or total lack thereof).<br/>

Anyway, "American Idol" is a reality-based T.V. program where people audition to become musical pop-stars. Each week people get voted off and the remaining singing hopefuls become one step closer to being the "American Idol". It's pretty boring. They all sing the same lover's lament, radio friendly garbage. None of the songs are originals (all songs performed are tunes that have already been recorded by established artists). From what I understand, it originated in England and debuted in the U.S. last year. If you don't know what it is, it's for good reason because it really is lame. Still can't understand why Q.T. would wanna watch such crap. I guess he's keeping a strong finger on America's new pop culture. Later.

M.W.

It was funny to see QT in the crowd, I was like: Whats he doin there?!

I think he must be a fan of the show. Hes a pop culture freak as we all know.

I dont usually watch it, but once in awhile I’ll tune in just to see how terrible those singers are. Its kinda fun to listen to Simon put everyone down. haha.

it’s like the “million dollar quiz show” or “big brother”, every country has that kind of show.

here in germany and in austria they have that “star-mania” crap, as well…

QT should be ashamed :slight_smile:

media-fucking-hype

God I hate shows like that. They are SO embarassing. What is wrong with people who want to be in those kinds of shows? Didn’t they get enough attention when they were kids? And why does it seem like there are just being made more and more variations of those shows?

As long as Tarantino doesn’t start singing too I can live with him being in the audience. :stuck_out_tongue:

In Norway we have “Idol”, I don’t watch it very much, but I like the fact that one of the three finalists is the same guy I bought hot dogs from at a gas station a few months ago. Never knew he had talent, he certainly couldn’t make a descent hot dog.

Why did Tarantino yell out “205!” ?

Can anyone answer that?

Rueben is from Alabama and 205 is his area code… QT was for Ruben, the big black guy, like thats a surprise.

And yes, I watch the show, I’m a singer myself so I’m drawn to it… Simon is the only real part of the show. Its not emmy-winning entertainment, but its funny when they show the “worst singers in the world”. I didnt feel like such a dork for watching the show when I saw QT last night, looking sexy as ever I might add.

[quote]Rueben is from Alabama and 205 is his area code… QT was for Ruben, the big black guy, like thats a surprise.

And yes, I watch the show, I’m a singer myself so I’m drawn to it… Simon is the only real part of the show.  Its not emmy-winning entertainment, but its funny when they show the “worst singers in the world”.  I didnt feel like such a dork for watching the show when I saw QT last night, looking sexy as ever I might add.[/quote]

I usually dont watch the show, but I watched last night to see the big finale with Ruben and Clay. Its hilarious watchin the people with no talent sing. I was rollin on the floor. I was rootin for Ruben too, I’m glad he won.

Didnt see QT, I mustve missed him.

“Worst singers in the world”?!

Let me get this straight, they actually show the ones that can’t sing so everyone can laugh at them? Why?

I’m glad the Idol I’m familiar to (the norwegian one) is not like that, they just make fun of the judges and the show hosts.

Crazy american culture… Laughing at everything that’s not perfect…

[quote]“Worst singers in the world”?!

Let me get this straight, they actually show the ones that can’t sing so everyone can laugh at them? Why?

Crazy american culture… Laughing at everything that’s not perfect…[/quote]

Crazy American culture? WTF are YOU talkin about? We laugh at people because they act like total idiots, its called “having a sense of humor”. You must be another one of those “Europeans are so much more sophisticated than Americans” types. Ugh.

I think people who are on those shows are dirty little media whores with no talent. Regardless of they can sing or not. Being able to sing in itself is not really talent in my opinion. Being able to write your own song, your own lyrics and then sing is talent to me. That is why I despise shows like “Popstars” and I’d probably despise “American Idol” too.

And yes I am way more sophisticated than everybody else ::slight_smile: Even my farts smell like Chanel No.5.

[quote]Crazy american culture… Laughing at everything that’s not perfect…[/quote]
Ever seen any Japanese television? From what I can gather, their game show system works like this: People get hurt tremendously, completely embarrassed, sent to the hospital and the people at home laugh… Great television :slight_smile: For those with TNN, they’ve got a show that comes on the weekends called “Most Extreme Elimination Challenge”, it’s basically a strange Japanese game show (hosted by Takeshi Kitano no less) redubbed “Mystery Science Theater/What’s Up, Tiger Lily?” style. So they get rid of any serious attitude the show may have had and add their own dialogue. The dubbing sometimes works, sometimes doesn’t. It’s just always fun watching people slam into walls and fall into shallow water from twelve feet in the air.

[quote]Even my farts smell like Chanel No.5.[/quote]
With talent like that, you ever thought of working in television :wink:

For the record, I’ve never even seen American Idol. I don’t much like that Simon guy. Wish I could have seen Tarantino on there though.

[quote] For those with TNN, they’ve got a show that comes on the weekends called “Most Extreme Elimination Challenge”, it’s basically a strange Japanese game show (hosted by Takeshi Kitano no less) redubbed “Mystery Science Theater/What’s Up, Tiger Lily?” style. So they get rid of any serious attitude the show may have had and add their own dialogue. The dubbing sometimes works, sometimes doesn’t. It’s just always fun watching people slam into walls and fall into shallow water from twelve feet in the air.

.[/quote]

I LOVE this show!! Its a riot!! I was wondering if anyone else had seen it. Great example too pants.

[quote]I LOVE this show!! Its a riot!! I was wondering if anyone else had seen it. Great example too pants.[/quote]

Man, I thought I was the only one ;D Just finished watching it tonight. I had seen one ep, but the other was new to me. One had people running from log to log until the end of a course. If you didn’t see it, needless to say, people were hurt :slight_smile: Nic Romano, Kenny Blankenship and Guy Le Douche truly are the best game show hosts ever!

hey, i’m new to the board… i know i’m jumping on this topic late, but yes, i saw qt on AI as well… i was uttelry shocked to see him there… but then i just figured he was a ruben fan, considering ruben does possesses a kick arse r&b voice-- right up qt’s alley in terms of good music. it’s kewl… i like that he’s down to earth enough to look past the “rep” he’d get for going there just to go cheer on the guy he likes. very down to earth guy. can still be a fan and a star all at once. not too many other people can pull that off with such finese’.

8) just to let u know Tarantino was on johnathan ross a uk talk show and he said he missed the first pop idol because he was filming kill bill and it wasnt something he would watch anyway but he said he found him and his mates there every saturday watching it just to see Simon Cowell keeping it real

[quote]  8) just to let u know Tarantino was on johnathan ross a uk talk show and he said he missed the first pop idol because he was filming kill bill and it wasnt something he would watch anyway but he said he found him and his mates there every saturday watching it just to see Simon Cowell keeping it real [/quote]

yeah I have that interview on tape…funny shit…