Forty Lashes

I’ve read about it somewhere, but I don’t know anything about it. Does anybody?

well some years ago it was supposed to be Quentin’s new project.

Back then they said, QT was writing on the script to that Elmore Leonard novel “40 lashes less one” (which i’ve read, and it’s great).

But after some rumors about Sam Jackson and stuff, it has been gotten quiet and nobody has ever mentioned it again.

fact is, Miramax has aquired SEVERAL of Elmore Leonard’s novels in the form of movie rights. 40 lashes is one of them.

I hope QT will do that after Glorious Bastards, because it’s a great western with great characters.

Read the book, its awesome.

Damn, it would be the bomb if QT would direct this movie.

I’m reading the book right now and it is awesome! All of Elmore’s books have recently been put back into print so now is the best time ever to be an Elmore fan. It’s pretty much a given, if you like Quentin’s work you will like Elmore’s. I know QT owns the right to 40 lashes by himself, at least according to Elmore’s website. Miramax still owns a few of his other books.

dang, I wish he made that right after Kill Bill, that book is so awesome. QT could make such a kick-ass western out of it.

I dont think QT should do another Elmore Leonard adaption. I’d rather see him do his own original works. In a way, QT is like a younger Elmore Leonard anyway. He got alot of his style from him. Id much rather see him write his own western than use Elmore Leonards book.

A Tarantino Western should have

Clint Eastwood

Michael Madsen

Daniel Day Lewis

Robert DeNiro

that would kick ass with those great actors doing their thing

Tarantino should make an original western because EL just really isnt a western writer as opposed to a modern crime drama(Get Shorty,KillShot)

then you obviously dont know much about Elmore Leonard. he has written more western stories than anything else i think.

Elmore is one of the greatest western writers ever. Although most of his other westerns have been made into movies already. Check out

www.elmoreleonard.com for a complete listing of his books.

He started out writing westerns early in his career because that was what was popular. Then he switched over to crime novels. His westerns are awesome though.

I still have faith in the fact that QT would probably turn this great novel into a film.

I suggest you read it. It’s really great Leonard/QT material.

www.tarantino.info/store/book.htm#lashes

(bottom of page!)

[quote]A Tarantino Western should have

Clint Eastwood

Michael Madsen

Daniel Day Lewis

Robert DeNiro

that would kick ass with those great actors doing their thing

Tarantino should make an original western because EL just really isnt a western writer as opposed to a modern crime drama(Get Shorty,KillShot)[/quote]

but his ROOTS are in cowboy capers

YEEEEEEE HAW!

The following is a copy of all other post from the second 40 Lashes topic which i deleted:

[quote]
----------------

spinstercycle

----------------

What is this film? Is Tarantino really involved?

BTW- any new news on Glorious Bastards. I liked the piece I saw at Dark Horizons citing THIS SITE! Kudos

--------------------

mysterio

--------------------

A book by Elmore Leonard - supposedly QT bought the rights…

---------------------------

spinstercycle

Where are you getting this info? When did QT buy the rights?

Tarantino Forum Admin

Miramax / A Band Apart bought a package of Elmore Leonard book-rights some years ago, including Killshot, Freaky Deaky and 40 Lashes Less one, that’s when the rumor came up that QT might make 40 Lashes.

And i still pray for that to happen. great book.
[/quote]

so wait aa second, lemme catch up here. does QT know for sure that he’s making forty lashes, or not?

until someone asks QT “will you do 40 lashes?” we dont know shit. all we know FOR SURE, is, that Miramax holds the rights and there had been rumors years ago that there might be the idea for a script…

thats cool. i’d like to see forty lashes. i hope he makes it.

yeah, me too. The book is hillarious QT material

I love westerns and I hope that one day QT makes one. That would be so fuckin’ tight. I saw in another post that a person would like him to make a spagetti western and Benicio del Toro is cast as the bad guy, that would be great. With BDT’s look and Quentin’s dialogue, that would be a western epic.

read that book. would be perfect for QT. i wish Charly Bronson would still be alive, then QT could cast him

Thanks, TFA, I will. I answered a poll yeserday, and the question was whether QT should do Inglorious Bastards are try his hat at westerns or if we should leave the decision up to him.

[quote]Benicio del Toro is cast as the bad guy, that would be great[/quote]

That would be so amazing.