Quentin Tarantino - Fate or Choice

In what you are about to read my intention is hopefully not to leave you feeling in the dark grips of a life sucking vampire; hoping for death to come quickly as a pale finger reaches out for an X at the top of the right hand corner of the screen. My purpose is far more thought invoking than that. It is to implant an idea which may well wither through lack of care or interest on your part but might just grow into something far more than a simple blog.

AM I WHO I WAS MEANT TO BE? A question we all ask ourselves from time to time but maybe we should be asking AM I HAPPY WITH WHO I AM? To those who can say yes I applaud you and hope you can humour me. If not do we have a choice to make a change or are our lives determined by fate. Quentin Tarantino a man whose unique style I, as a new author, have found both intriguing and encouraging worked, at the age of 22, in a video store. Whilst there he paid close attention to the films which customers preferred to rent. No great revelation in itself I know, however he later said this was the inspiration for his directional career. So were such movies as Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction and Kill Bill born from fate or choice? Before you start to hammer on your computer or throw your mobile across the room while shouting the man’s got talent you fool, let me agree you are totally right but without fate and the choice to investigate his capabilities he may well still be working in that video store. I myself had never contemplated writing a book until fate threw me a curve ball, but that’s another blog! In truth, can you not have one without the other. Do we need to trust our fate and make the choice to explore its true potential? Not everyone can be a great film maker or a nobel prize winner but I have to beg the question how will you ever know unless you try? Fate at one time or another will give us all the opportunity to discover who we really are. All you have to do is make that choice to open your mind and not let your optimism be stifled. Who knows, this blog could be the start of your greatness!

http://www.hmhowes.com