True Romance: HBO vs. SHOWTIME

I saw True Romance not too long ago on HBO, and when Alabams is fighting the gangster in her room, HBO shows every last minute, where she shoots him like five times with that shotgun, but I saw it just a few days ago on SHOWTIME, and they didn’t show her shoot him, but once. Why is that? They are both cable channels that show violence and nudity all the time, but why did they cut those gun shots out? It jsut doesn’t make sense to me.

Censors… What are ya gonna do about them? HBO I think shows everything uncut, Showtime could have issues with the shogun killing, because it was pretty intense and brutal, but so was the beating…

I don’t get it.

[size=1]Another name change? Why’d you change the name Wolf?[/size]

Maybe Showtime was showing the theatrical/regular version.

I recently saw this movie on HBO, and i’m 100% sure it was HBO, and it cut off part of the shooting. I don’t know, maybe they just have two versions and one happans to have some of the shooting cut out.

There are 2 very different cuts of the movie. There is more violence in the final scene as well in the more violent (BETTER) version. This is what I think is the “directors cut”, but not sure.

Coming Home In A Bodybag - Good Fuckin Movie

[quote]There are 2 very different cuts of the movie.  There is more violence in the final scene as well in the more violent (BETTER) version. This is what I think is the “directors cut”, but not sure. ÂÂ

Coming Home In A Bodybag - Good Fuckin Movie[/quote]
Dude you’re weak when it comes to violent movies. And I’m sure they just Censored that bit out. Because WOLF would’ve meantioned that the ending is longer too.

[quote]
Dude you’re weak when it comes to violent movies. And I’m sure they just Censored that bit out. Because WOLF would’ve meantioned that the ending is longer too. [/quote]
That PIC Of the “Grammar Po-Po” is funny as hell.

Bullet, you were about 9 years old when this movie came out. Don’t talk shit about violence. You’z iz the kind of tart that thinks Kill Bill was a better movie than True Romance 'cause “there wuz more action”. Sorry pal, It doesnt hold a candle!

Uhhhhmmm Right… I’m not a hardcore Kill Bill lunatic like other people here but I did like the film. True Romance was an excellant movie, but your so-called “Violence loving” self would rather watch a plain shootout in a hotel and call it violent then watch the amazing House of Blue Leaves action sequence. Man, the only real violent part in True Romance is when Alablama got the beat down in the hotel.

The sight of blood probably scared you too much for you to like Kill Bill.

Let’s also have a violence arguement :stuck_out_tongue:

Bullet, what about that entire shootout at the end?

I find it rather average compared to other “Violent” movies. There’s just a bit more brutality and blood then other shootouts.

I dunno about that, those shootout scenes in True Roamce are pretty violent. I don’t know what you’re talkin about there

Like I said there was more blood and brutality thrown into that shootout. I don’t know about it but I think people throw in brutality just to make it seem more violent, or it’s probably the fact that I had a BIG probelm with Clarence living at the very end, I felt so very cheated when I saw that. In my opinon the beating scene is much more violent then the shootout or the very brutal scene where Drexl gets murdered. That shootout didn’t do it for me.

Also the music kinda made it seem very EIGHTIES as well.

The Music? C’mon the techno track in the Kill Drexl seen was great, and the cut to “Floyd” doing bong hits with “Outshined” by Soundgarden jamming in the background is damn near genius. I’ve read here that the reacurring gingle came from the 1974 movie “Badlands” .

As far as the shootout goes, It was right there with Michael Mann’s “HEAT” shootout as the best non western shootout I can remember.

I meant the music in the last shootout in the hotel. I was laughing my ass off at Brad Pitt listening to Soundgarden and getting high. Especially when he offers it to the mobsters. But I meant the music in the last shootout was cheesy 80’s stuff and it ruined the whole exprience.

I dont remember it, so I’ll have to check it out next time.

I really dont remember the music from the “House of Blue Leaves” scene or the rest of K.B. being that “Special” either.

What I’m trying to say is… If you couldn’t handle the violence in Kill Bill then don’t say you can handle violence in other movies. You’d probably faint at some of the other movies I’ve seen.

[quote]I dont remember it, so I’ll have to check it out next time.

I really dont remember the music from the “House of Blue Leaves” scene or the rest of K.B. being that “Special” either.

[/quote]

dude, not even the green hornet track? with flight of the bumblebee in it? totally bruce lee/kato/game of death style with the motorcycle scene! gooseskin!

[quote] You’d probably faint at some of the other movies I’ve seen.[/quote]

Movies such as?..(just curious)

Gun movies alright? (most violent I’ve seen also)

Hard Boiled

Full Contact

Boondock Saints

Heroes Shed no Tears

Man Bites Dog

Dead or Alive

Bullet in The Head

Kill Bill

The Big Heat

A Better tomorrow 2

City on Fire

Contraband

Gunmen

Way of The Gun

Versus

Die Hard

Die Hard 2

Die Hard With a Vengance

Bad Boys 2 (It does have more violence)

Face Off

Scarface

Taxi Driver

Menace 2 Society

Dead Presidents

Predator

Commando

Delta Force

[quote]What I’m trying to say is… If you couldn’t handle the violence in Kill Bill then don’t say you can handle violence in other movies. You’d probably faint at some of the other movies I’ve seen.[/quote]

You talk as though your such a fucking badass! I’m sure terrorize all the kids of your Community College in the mean streets of Toronto. I’ve seen many of the movies on your list and they arn’t so brutally violent.

(I have only come close to fainting once! Due to boredom watching a hockey game).