True Romance: 15 Years Later (from maxim.com)

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.maxim.com/Trueromance15years … src=tsttri”>http://www.maxim.com/Trueromance15yearslater/articles/24494.aspx?src=tsttri</LINK_TEXT>

One of the best films ever. I love that movie. Thanks for posting this! :slight_smile:

[quote]Scott: The roller-coaster scene was difficult. Pinchot was shitting himself, and Rapaport was so scared that he dropped a bunch of Quaaludes and couldn’t say his lines.[/quote]

Thats so funny. I so wish Rapaport would be in a QT film again.

[quote]Tarantino: When I watched the movie, I real­ized that Tony was right. He always saw it as a fairy tale love story, and in that capacity it works magnif­icently. But in my world Clarence is dead and Alabama is on her own. If she ever shows up in another one of my scripts, Clarence will still be dead.[/quote]

Interesting

the movie holds a special place in my heart. it’s so romantic and yet cool and gritty.

It is a really good story. I love the movie. I just wish the score wasn’t so annoying.

[quote=“Geoi”]
It is a really good story. I love the movie. I just wish the score wasn’t so annoying.
[/quote]

I think the score is great.

[quote=“NonStop”]
I think the score is great.
[/quote]

me too. although the main theme is pretty much a ripoff from a Badlands theme, but i don’t care.

But then again, in a way Tony Scott was doing what QT does now before QT did it. With using scores from older movies. I just realized that connection right now.

[quote=“PutneySwope”]
But then again, in a way Tony Scott was doing what QT does now before QT did it. With using scores from older movies. I just realized that connection right now.
[/quote]

I wonder did QT include his music list with the script.

QT did say that he listens to music while he writes to find the mood and rhythm of the script. It’s totally possible, even plausible, that he did include the music in the screenplay.

[quote=“Knoxville Kingpin”]
I wonder did QT include his music list with the script.
[/quote]

That could be. Maybe QT reccomended some of the music to Tony Scott.

Tony Scott’s pretty cool, but I don’t think he’s cool enough to put music THAT cool to TR.

(Just to clarify, the annoying “score” I’m talking about, is that horridly girly, terribly dated fairy-tale sounding music that plays between scenes. It gets on my nerves.)

[quote=“Geoi”]
Tony Scott’s pretty cool, but I don’t think he’s cool enough to put music THAT cool to TR.

(Just to clarify, the annoying “score” I’m talking about, is that horridly girly, terribly dated fairy-tale sounding music that plays between scenes. It gets on my nerves.)
[/quote]

stop being so cynical and admit to yourself that you love it.

true ROMANCE you cold-hearted robot :wink:

Oh come on guys. That shitty music is sickening, and you know it.

[quote=“Geoi”]

[/quote]

I seem to remember that girly music being in other movies at the time but I can't remember any names. Maybe it just seems like that looking back but I swore I heard that music everywhere for awhile. I dont think that its bad though. It sorta fits in the parts its placed in the film.

Its the music that was originally used in Badlands which was based on the real life Starkweather killing spree. It was another amateur criminal/lovers on the run movie. I liked the music in both movies. I never considered it “girly”. Its not like its the fuckin Spice Girls or something. Wtf?

Meh. Still hate it. I said it was dated, meaning that it sounds lame and stupid just like every other flick that used music like it around that era. I don’t like that type of music in anything. It’s not just TR.