Quentin Tarantino's best?!?!?!?

I’ve heard some of my friends (all avid QT fans) say that they thought True Romance was the best movie that Quentin Tarantino was involved with, including the ones he directed, wrote, and/or produced. I disagree; I think that Pulp Fiction is his best. What do you think of this movie, and why?

I don’t think this was his best, definitely Pulp Fiction or Reservoir Dogs. They are very good, I’m sure I don’t need to explain 8)

BUT…

True Romance is good, I think I liked it more than Jackie Brown. I liked Christopher Walken;s character. The whole segment with him and Clarence’s dead is awesome.

I am a fcriend of coffee shop’s but i never said true romance was the best. my favorite is reservoir dogs

Yeah, the part with the Dad and Walken was fantastic; so memorable. Walken was really great. Like the dad just knew the whole time that there was no way he would live after that visit, so he just went out of his way to insult the guy.

Yeah, that was good. Although for some stupid reason I was expectin Walken to show up at Floyds, but he never did, the other guy did (can’t remember his name right now).

Hell no it’s not his best, the movie is terrible. Poorly shot by action director Tony Scott, and you know it’s got to be bad when the movies best moment, is the two lovers having sex in a phone booth. A 3/10

True Romance is the best and least pretentious of all of QT’s scripts.

I love to consider that all the movies he’s involved in are actually just chapters of one big movie, which takes place in his own world.

Its his best screenplay, but Pulp is a better film.

It is hard to beat Pulp. Pulp is a work of genius. Jackie Brown is 2nd place.

sorry Kilgore Trout, but I disagree

Jackie Brown is the one I like the least

I agree though for Pulp in 1st place

i like jackie brown the least but reservoir dogs the best.

best screenplay definitely and as a film better than anything since pulp. the most memorable dialogue in any film ever, clarence rules!

I just saw it today for the first time and while I wouldn’t say that this is his best, I would say that it was one HELL of a movie. Why didn’t he direct this? I wonder.

[quote=“Charlie99”]
I just saw it today for the first time and while I wouldn’t say that this is his best, I would say that it was one HELL of a movie. Why didn’t he direct this? I wonder.
[/quote]

because he wanted to make reservoir dogs instead, and so he sold the other scripts to be able to make it happen.

[quote=“Sebastian”]
because he wanted to make reservoir dogs instead, and so he sold the other scripts to be able to make it happen.
[/quote]

IMO he made the right choice too.

imo Reservoir Dogs has the best dialogues from QT yet. When it comes to dialogues strictly, RD was the best, followed by PF and TR. Plus RD has the Whillelm Scream in it: way to transform a movie into golden !

For all these reasons, I love RD. True Romance is a lot of fun and it’s just fantastic, but it doesn’t top RD.

Though to really answer the question and be fair, we should compare the scripts…TR’s is on dailyscript but I don’t know where to find RD’s one.

Edit: Ok found it! As I’m at work I got plenty of time to read it :angel:

That’s sad I’m not under cover anymore : now you all know I’m a RD fanatic :open_mouth:

To me, its like that

Kill Bill 2

Reservoir Dogs

Kill Bill 1

Pulp Fiction (i just hate the Bruce Willis Chapter, sry)

Death Proof

Jackie Brown

I dont really count True Romance as QTs, but it would be between DP and PF

This is my 3rd favourite Tarantino Film.

My top 5 are:

1)Reservoir Dogs

2)Jackie Brown

3)True Romance

4)Natural Born Killers

5)From Dusk Till Dawn

Dogs is his best but True Romance is unbelivbly good, maybe even second or third best.