If Tarantino had directed True Romance

Ok, this is one of those creative topics :). We all know that in all of QT’s directed movies (RD, PF, JB, KB:V1); there is that trademark trunk shot. Now, if QT directed “True Romance”; he would probably have included it in one of his scenes. The question is; where do you think he would have included the shot?

[quote]Ok, this is one of those creative topics  :). We all know that in all of QT’s directed movies (RD, PF, JB, KB:V1); there is that trademark trunk shot. Now, if QT directed “True Romance”; he would probably have included it in one of his scenes. The question is; where do you think he would have included the shot?[/quote]

When he's talking to Dick Ritchie outside of the Safari Motel Inn.  Clarence opens up the trunk of the car, grabs the suitcase full of blow, and he and Dick head for the motel room.  It's the perfect time for a trunk shot.  There you have it.<br/>

M.W.

Good choice! I totally forgot about that scene.

Also at the end before they go into the big hotel for the drug deal…Clarence pops his trunk to grab the coke then also gets his revolver. I think that’d be a more appropriate scene.

all the gangsters getting their guns at the end. or maybe add a shot of the gangsters getting their guns b4 they go into his dads house.

[quote]all the gangsters getting their guns at the end. or maybe add a shot of the gangsters getting their guns b4 they go into his dads house.[/quote]
Yeah, there or right before Clarence goes into Drexl’s crib!

the alternate ending when she opens the trunk and looks at the gun and the comic book

or after the drexel part when he stors the drugs-o in the trunk

You do know that if QT had directed the TR Clarence would have been killed at the end and Alabama would have later teamed up with Mr.White.

That would’ve been so interesting to see ::slight_smile:

who would he have cast? what songs would he have used? what would have been done differently (except the order and the ending)?

i think he still would’ve cast arquette 'cause she’s just perfect, but i think he could’ve done better than christian slater. and nobody could’ve done walken’s part better than walken.

What’s wrong with Slater? I think he does the comicbook-lover movie-geek perfectly. He could’ve chosen Giamatti (from American Splendor), haha.

I think QT’s versino would’ve been more violent, not so Hollywood-ish and a lot stranger and faster

[quote=“Seb Himself (admin)”]
What’s wrong with Slater? I think he does the comicbook-lover movie-geek perfectly. He could’ve chosen Giamatti (from American Splendor), haha.

I think QT’s versino would’ve been more violent, not so Hollywood-ish and a lot stranger and faster
[/quote]

In other words… BETTER!

it would have been a lot like kill bill i reckon

i mean he used some of the same shots he mentioned in the original true romance script e.g. the shot of seeing a gun in action as the bullet it fired (when clarence kills drexl and when the bride wakes up from the coma… i think) and theres a part when clarence talks to the camera after alabamas been beat up, something he did at the start of kill bill 2. so yeah i think it would have been a ‘movie world’ rather than reality type movie. and he wanted an exploitation director to do it before tony scott didnt he?

he would of made it more old school, true romance IS an old school movie, i dont know if it would of been better, True Romance is pretty much perfect, 90% of it would probably be in the same amosphere of the walken vs. hopper scene, more dark and serious

the only thing that could improve True Romance in my opnion is QT mixing up the scenes…he talks about this on the special edition…and I was really feeling for his setup of scenes…

the movie would be more puzzling…I think I also would’ve liked it if Slater died at the end…now with 2 endings available I cant decide…

everytime I watch this movie I love it more… :stuck_out_tongue:

imo it would be much better with:

Clarence: Tim Roth

Alabama: Uma Thurman

[quote=“glottis”]
You do know that if QT had directed the TR Clarence would have been killed at the end and Alabama would have later teamed up with Mr.White.

That would’ve been so interesting to see ::slight_smile:
[/quote]

Now that would have been an awsome ending.

[quote=“Mr._Blonde”]
the alternate ending when she opens the trunk and looks at the gun and the comic book
[/quote]
yeah that’s exactly what I thought!

[quote=“zeppelincheetah”]
imo it would be much better with:

Clarence: Tim Roth

Alabama: Uma Thurman
[/quote]
I love both of them but as a couple i think they would’ve looked a little odd. Tim Roth is 5 foot 7 and Uma is about 6 foot.