True Romance OST Questions and Answers

What is the name of the title instrumetal song in True Romance.

It’s a very cool-sounding instrument as the credits roll on.

Jules

that must be a song by Hans Zimmer.

You find the soundtrack listing if you follow the page through filmography->true romance->soundtrack…

one of those Hans Zimmer songs should be the one you mean.

I know what your talking about, the title theme with the xylaphones:

BONG-BONG BONG -BONG BA BONG BA-BONG…

It can also be heard as the main theme in the Terence Malick film Badlands (1973) Starring Martin Sheen and Sissy Spacek, also about a young couple on the run like Clarence and Alabama (it was probably one of the inspirations for the film as well).

Im pretty sure the name of the song is “Musica Poetica”. Or it might have a French title.

You might wanna check the end credits on the True Romance DVD or VHS to be sure though.

Thanks guys.

It is Hanz Zimmer. I got it.

I also got the title theme for borken arrow which is ALSO Hanz Zimmer. This dude is one cool motherfucker!

JULES

In Quentin’s audio commentary, he said that the Burl Ives song was the only selection of his that made it into the film.

I was just wondering if anybody knew what his other choices of songs were. Are they mentioned in the script?

That’s a good question. I’ve always wanted to know what songs he was going to pick for True Romance.

is the theme song of True Romance thats played during the beginnning the same as that in Badlands? it sounds awfully familiar

Actually someone already asked this question a long time ago. We answered the question. It should be somewhere in the True Romance category.

The music is definitely the same song from Badlands. It has a french title but I forget what its called.

I couldn’t find it anywhere her but I did some research. I couldn’t find the original name of the Badlands theme, but apparently the TR theme was meant to dabble with the Badlands theme. Pretty cool

[quote=“PopeyePete”]
Actually someone already asked this question a long time ago. We answered the question. It should be somewhere in the True Romance category.

The music is definitely the same song from Badlands. It has a french title but I forget what its called.
[/quote]

It’s very similar but it isn’t the same song.

It’s called “You’re so cool” composed by Hanz Zimmer

Can someone tell me the name of the song in the background of the Drexl/Clarence scene? ???

Sure :wink:

It’s “I want your body” by Nymphomania

[quote=“Sylvia”]
Sure :wink:

It’s “I want your body” by Nymphomania
[/quote]
Thanks Sylvia ;D