JACKIE BROWN on DVD

i just bought JACKIE BROWN on dvd and i was surprised when i put it in my dvd player that it didn’t play in the widescreen format on my TV. i then borrowed PULP FICTION and RESERVIOR DOGS from a friend and both movies play in the widescreen format on my TV. all three movies are in 2:35.1 widescreen. what’s the deal with that? why won’t my JACKIE BROWN play in widescreen? should i return it and exchange it for a new copy?

rudie

The ratio on the JACKIE box was an error. It was shot in 1:85.1

There’s nothing wrong with your DVD.

but 1.85:1 is also widescreen, just not as wide as cinemascope (2.35:1)…

check if you set up your dvd player correctly. if you do not have a 16:9 screen, set it to “4:3 letterbox” or something.

[quote]i just bought JACKIE BROWN on dvd and i was surprised when i put it in my dvd player that it didn’t play in the widescreen format on my TV. i then borrowed PULP FICTION and RESERVIOR DOGS from a friend and both movies play in the widescreen format on my TV. all three movies are in 2:35.1 widescreen. what’s the deal with that? why won’t my JACKIE BROWN play in widescreen? should i return it and exchange it for a new copy?

rudie[/quote]

They wouldnt put Jackie Brown in pan and scan and not tell you.

The Widescreen ratio for Jackie isnt the same as Dogs or Pulp (which are in 2:35:1). Its in 1:85:1. That is definitely Widescreen.

Chill out, put in that sweet movie and sit back and watch. :slight_smile:

update:

I don’t know if that 2-DVD edition is coming out anywhere else than UK and USA, there only seems to be a possible release in the FRG, but i doubt it will be the same one.

I will get that SE soon, I hope people who are yet thinking twice will eventually put up the courage and buy this, I think its the best way to watch Jackie Brown.

The Jackie Brown SE is now down to under 15 dollars, a great chance to pick it up now for those who haven’t already:

<LINK_TEXT text=“The Quentin Tarantino Archives - Everything QT since 1999 … &Itemid=48”>The Quentin Tarantino Archives - Everything QT since 1999</LINK_TEXT>

BTW, for anyone like me who owns the DVD and enjoys the Main Menu music, I managed to find it.

The Meters - Cissy Strut