Jackie Brown OST

I just purchased the “Jackie Brown” soundtrack today and I’m very grateful I did. Nearly all of the songs are top-notch, and I personally think it’s nearly as good as the “Pulp Fiction” OST. QT is the master of song selection. Despite that, there were 2 particular songs which I didn’t really care much about; being Johnny Cash’s “Tennessee Stud” and the “(Holy Matrimony) Letter to the Firm” by Foxy Brown. I’m neither a fan of country music nor of hip-hop so it’s quite natural these 2 are not among my favs. Personally; I would have liked if they included The Supremes’ “Baby Love” as well as that theme music which plays on the Jackie Brown DVD menu. Also; I would have preferred included the dialogue from the Sam-Jackson- Chris Tucker trunk scene instead of the one with Sam and De Niro outside of Simone’s house. But I’m really nit-pickin’ here as I think that it’s still an awesome compilation. Oh, and the picture on the CD with Bridget Fonda stickin’ out her tongue is also a nice bonus :slight_smile:

I bought the OST about 2 months ago and I’ve listened to it…uummm (one month has 30 days, so 2 months?) about 60 times! ‘‘Inside my love’’ by Minnie Riperton is the sexiest song I’ve ever heard! I’ve heard ‘‘Across 110th Street’’ more than 200 times. Definently my all time favorite song!

JACKIE BROWN is my favorite Tarantino movie soundtrack (That is, till KILL BILL comes out 8) )

But yeah, don’t mean to be picky, but there’s always at least one song on QT soundtracks that I’m not too crazy about.

RESERVIOR DOGS-“Fool for love” (“Harvest Moon” also doesnt get played too much)

PULP FICTION-It used to be “Flowers on the wall”, but boy, that one sure grew on me in a hurry! Nowdays, it’s “If Love Is A Red Dress (Hang Me In Rags)”

JACKIE BROWN-Agree with 'face that those 2 he mentioned just dont flow together with what could’ve been a smooth,flawless soundtrack. But the Foxy Brown track gets a pass from me because:

1) I’m a hip-hop fan. Best years being '93-97–Just barely made the cut!

2) The beat is tight.

3) I havent heard Foxy rhyme a lot, but her delivery here is quite nice.

4) I’d hit it!

5) I think it’s a slick homage of QT to show Pam’s influence on today’s generation to include a track by a female rapper named “Foxy Brown”.

As for “Tennessee Stud”, again, like “Flowers on the wall”, it grew on me. And it may not fit in with the rest of the soundtrack, but it’s another 1 of those guilty pleasure songs that you’ll catch me singing along with.

peace

[quote=“Laydback”]

As for “Tennessee Stud”, again, like “Flowers on the wall”, it grew on me. And it may not fit in with the rest of the soundtrack, but it’s another 1 of those guilty pleasure songs that you’ll catch me singing along with.

peace
[/quote]

I think Tennessee Stud worked so well for me because of the way it plays in the scene. It’s almost like suspensful score. The second we find it Ordelle might be out to get Jackie the guitar intro from Tennessee Stud comes on and its so perfect.