JB music questions & answers

We had several topics about music questions.

I try to make one topic for the song questions. I only copied the questions and answers in this one.

I didn´t controll the answers (no time, to read everything, just paste & copy the stuff)

So I would really appriciate, when people would post, if they read mistakes in the answer here.

Thanx

Jules Winfield:

There is a song in Jackie Brown when Max picks up the bag from the mall which isnt featured on the soundtrack. Mike said it might be part of a score or something. Could anyone help me with this one?? I really like it.

Laydback:

Its “Aragon” by Roy Ayers which appeared on the Coffy sndtrk.

Mikefare:

What is the name of the song when they do the first money exchange (its like piano music)

Toothpick vic vega aka Winslow Leach:

The music QT used for the trial money exchange and the final money exchange was from Pam Griers Blaxploitation hit COFFY (1973). QT used outtakes from the soundtrack to that film for Jackie Brown. It was PERFECT for the rythym of the film too. I love the way it sounds, its got that fast paced sound with the piano, bass and horns. It definitely helps to build up the suspense sequences with Jackie in the mall. Awesome stuff.

Deaner:

During the trial exchange, there’s a song that’s not on the soundtrack therefore I don’t know what it is. After Sheronda leaves with the cops on her tail, Max watches Simone leave with the money and this song comes on that’s pretty much just a mellow beat and a piano. Much appreciated if anyone can name it.

Toothpick Vic Vega aka Winslow Leach:

I think most of the background music (not included on the official soundtrack) from the film is from Coffy.

Mysterio:

YEah a lot of it is from Coffy by Roy Ayers - I got the album and it is worth the purchase

Qys:

There’s this catchy tune in Jackie Brown which I believe doesn’t appear on the soundtrack. It’s played when the camera zooms in on Jackie’s plane and she’s putting money in the bag. It also appears other places in the movie. Anyone who knows what it’s called? Thanks.

The music is from the Blaxploitation film classic Coffy (1973) starring Pam Grier. QT took outtakes from the films score and put it in Jackie Brown. It worked PERFECT too.

baichi:

okay…so whats the name of the song and artist??

I think its called “Vitronis Theme” anyway, if you get the Coffy soundtrack, its on there.

Laydback:

“Aragon” by Roy Ayers

J86enterprise:

When Sam Jackson has Chris Tucker in the trunk, what is the track playing on the radio?

Toothpich Vic Vega aka Winnslow Leach:

Its Strawberry Letter 23 by The Brothers Johnson. That sequence with Ordell and Beaumont is one of my fav parts of the whole film. Everytime that part comes on, I crank up the volume as the song starts after OD puts on his gloves and looks back with that evil smirk.

Laydback:

That song was also briefly played in the background in PULP when Jules and Vincent are walking through the halls.

So whenever this song plays in a Tarantino film, you know somebody bout to get shot!

anonymousabe:

Does anyone know the name of the song that plays at teh very beginning of Jackie Brown as she is going through the airport and the opening credits are rolling??? Id really like to know please. Thanks.

Scarface:

“Across 110th Street” - Bobby Womack.

Mr Vega:

What is the name of the song when they are doing the money exchange. When Jackie is buying that suit, u kno near the end of the movie.

Laydback:

Escape" by Roy Ayers

Wolf:

Who sings the song at the very end when she is driving away after just talking to Max Cherry for the last time. I love the sound of that song, but I can’t remeber who sings it.

• no answer posted

Highhat:

Hi guys!

I was wondering about a loop played several times in JB.

The first time it appears it’s when ordell is on the phone the second time in the beginning (chicks who love guns).

The loop is being played till ordell enters the bond office.

Its a loop with only drums and a very nice guitar riff.

Perhaps its only a produced track for the background but PLEEEEAASE if its a song tell me.

THANKS to ya!

• no answer posted.

Laydback:

I could’ve sworn that there was once a thread here where someone asked what the name of the song was that plays on the menu of Jackie Brown. I, myself, always wondered this too. But I finally came across the answer a few days ago.

“Cissy Strut” by The Meters

Just in case anyone wanted to know

herman:

What´s the name of the salsa song/artist that sounds in radio when Jackson kills De Niro in the car ? It´s not included in the soundtrack.

The text says sth like: “una miradita de amor the quiero decir”.ÂÂ

• no answer posted.

Highhat:

Hi guys!

I was wondering about a loop played several times in JB.

The first time it appears it’s when ordell is on the phone the second time in the beginning (chicks who love guns).

The loop is being played till ordell enters the bond office.

Its a loop with only drums and a very nice guitar riff.

Perhaps its only a produced track for the background but PLEEEEAASE if its a song tell me.

THANKS to ya!

• no answer posted.

Rain:

Can anyone tell me the song that’s in the trailer. (“Hey baby, I’m ready so here I come…”) or something along those lines.I feel bad because I know this song, but the name of it won’t come into my head, and the artist too. It’s not the Delfonics, is it?

chachi222:

Get Ready" by The Temptations

mrgentlemanspy2

Hi Guys!

I was wondering what the name of the song was that plays in the main menu of the Jackie Brown DVD and when Ordell hears that the phone call is from baumont. Also, what is the name of the song where Max Cherry come sout of the dressing room?

• no answer posted.

[quote=“CPS”]
herman:

What´s the name of the salsa song/artist that sounds in radio when Jackson kills De Niro in the car ? It´s not included in the soundtrack.

The text says sth like: “una miradita de amor the quiero decir”.ÂÂ

• no answer posted.
    [/quote]

This is the spanish version of “Grazing in the grass” I dont know who performs it though.

Anyone know a site where I can download the song “Escape - Roy Ayers” I really want this song.