JB music discussion topic

hey every1, doin research into Q.T films and does anyone agree that the musical content is small in Jackie Brown i think there shud be more music complementing scenes and in dialogue. What do you think? I mean JB Is a gr8 film but i think it could be developed a bit more. :slight_smile:

• I changed the title - cps -

Well, seeing that Jackie Brown is my favorite soundtrack together with Kill Bill, I have to disagree with you. There are enough songs in the movie to make anyone happy. If anything, I think “Reservoir Dogs” was the QT movie which wasn’t so music-filled. (not that I’m complaining).

My god, Jackie Brown, as well as the other QT films, are FULL of music. The music not only compliments the scenes, it helps carry out and execute the plot. The music is definite key to QT’s success in executing a good story.

His films just wouldn’t be the same without the music. It helps tell the story.

Thats why he says theres no point in doing a musical cos his films are like musicals as they are. Jackie Brown def. used music to its advantages specially when Pam Grier’s character is walking to Robert.

RD has enough music to compliment it perfectly. STUCK IN THE MIDDLE will always be to me the synonamous QT music and film expedition

i totally agree and love qt’s use of music in his films but i don’t care what he says they are not like musicals. until he makes a completely indulgant 50’s style mgm musical i will never be fully satisfied.

he could bring so much to this genre. he could give the dialogue a lovely tarantino/hawks polish a really cool colourful look like guys & dolls or summit all with his superb twists of style as long as its more rodgers & hart than rodgers & hammerstein i would happier than garfied swimming in a bowl of lasagne.

One question, what the fuck is up with track nine? (“The day I follow Orbrehall Claton on a wet deck…”) I have no idea why I like this two second track.

[quote=“CopperHead”]
One question, what the fuck is up with track nine? (“The day I follow Orbrehall Claton on a wet deck…”) I have no idea why I like this two second track.
[/quote]

Taken from Detroit 9000

Jackie Brown’s opening scene is mesmerising… It’s the best opening scene i’ve ever scene…that and Apocalypse Now, and Citizen Kane…Rosebud

Across 110th Street makes the movie for me