The "whats the song..." collection FAQ topic

OK everytime we have topics like “whats the song that plays during…” or “can you help me about this song… how is it called” and so on and so forth.

alone in this section of the forum we HAD about 10 of those. now i have put all those together and you can now read them:

==============================================

Question:

In the new special edition of the Pulp Fiction soundtrack, the song “Strawberry Letter 23” of the Brothers Johnson was added. It’s the same song of the Jackie Brown scene when Sam Jackson gets in the car after putting Beoumant in the trunck.

But I saw Pulp again trying to find where this song is, and I just can’t find it.

Somebody knows in what scene it is played??

Answer:

When Vincent and Jules are walking the halls in the apartment building we hear the song playing inside a room, it’s muffled because it’s inside an apartment…you would have to listen hard, I mean the first time I saw that scene I thought it was rap music being played, but it’s Strawberry Letter 23.

-----------------------------------------------

Question:

Near the start of the movie when Jules and Vincent are walking through the halls of Brett’s apartment building talking about Tony Rocky Horror, they pass by an apartment that is playing loud music. It comes from a door on the left side of the screen. Does anyone know the name of the song thats playing in that apartmentHuh If anyone could tell me I’d appreciate it. Thanks.

Answer:

Strawberry Letter 23 ~ Brothers Johnson

I think this is the song you mean. It’s in the audio cd in my Pulp collector… This song is also in Jackie Brown

------------------------------------------

Question:

What is the song where Vincent and Mia are walking through jackrabbit slims, when they are about to sit down. I know it is from Ricky Nelson.

It has the line . . .

“5,6 come get your kicks, down at the corner of Lincon and Forty six”

Answer:

it’s Ricky Nelson - Waitin’ In School. One of the best songs in the film.

----------------------------------------

Question:

I really REALLY want to know the name of the song being played in the

background during the scene where Vincent and Mia are having the $5

Milkshake conversation… it’s instrumental (from the 50’s i think). it’s

not on the soundtrack by the way!

Answer:

link wray - “rumble”

look in the credits at the end of the film, it lists ALL songs used.

-----------------------------------------

Question:

Hey does anyone know the name of the song that plays in the background while Marsellus is talking to Butch in the bar and he’s telling him to purposely lose the fight?? If anyone can tell me I’d appreciate it.

Answer:

Al Green-Let’s Stay Together.

------------------------------------------------

Question:

does anyone know which song the guy on the stage are singing while vincent walks around at jack rabbit slims?

Answer:

waitin’ in school- Ricky Nelson

---------------------------------------------

Question:

I’ve been looking for this song for ages and i can’t figure it out, ive sorted through the credits and just can’t find it. It’s the song after bruce willis says “Zed’s dead baby, zed’s dead”…

as he is ridin onto the street it starts. its not Bullwinkle part 2, i cant figure it out.

anyone know?

Answer:

This is The Markett’s “Out of Limits”. Its song no. 20 on the Collector’s Edition Soundtrack.

-------------------------

Question:

also anyone know the song when Vince is driveing to mia’s house all high its bustin surfboards but like a different version of it, it sounds a bit different i cant find it anywhere.

Answer:

Yeh i love that song its called “Bullwinkle Part II - The Centurians” No 8 on the soundtrack!!

----------------------------------

Question:

ust on the topic of songs in the movie…maybe someone can help me with this one. Does anyone know the name of the song that the Ricky Nelson impersonator is singing as Mia and Vincent walk into Jack Rabbit Slims?? Looked everywhere and can’t find which one is the possible name for it…

Answer:

That would be ‘Waitin In School’ by the man Himself…

It can be found on The greatest hits of Ricky Nelson, which is very reasonably priced these days.

------------------------------

Question:

When Jules and Vincent go to Brett’s house, they pass in front of other doors of the building, and in one of these, i think sounds a songs that also sounds in Jackie Brown, called Strawberry letter 23. Is the same song?

Answer:

Yeah, this is “Strawberry Letter #23”. Its from “Jackie Brown”, but you can also find it on the Collector’s Edtion Soundtrack from “Pulp Fiction”.

------------------------------------

Question:

what is the song were mia goes into the bathroom and sniff the coke, i know its in blow also. does any one know what song im talking about?

Answer: ???

Question:

Hey, does anybody know the name of the song you hear when Marcellus got raped in Pulp Fiction?

Answer:

Bring Out The Gimp/Comanche - The Revels

Yeah, but I still don’t know what’s that song at the end of the film. That’s one of the best.

That song is “Surf Rider” - Lively Ones, and yeh it’s great music!

Thanks! It’s a really great song.

Tarantino listed all songs at the end of the movie in an order in what they appear in the film. And Surf Rider was the last one. That’s what I found but I wasn’t sure of it. Now I am.

What’s the name of the song that is played when The Bride is circled by the Crazy 88s? I don’t think it’s on the soundtrack (I know it’s not “Battle Without Honor Or Humanity”).

If anyone knows what song is played at this point I’d be very appreciated.

Thanks (and if you know where I can get it I’d be more grateful).

[quote=“Synthetic”]
What’s the name of the song that is played when The Bride is circled by the Crazy 88s? I don’t think it’s on the soundtrack (I know it’s not “Battle Without Honor Or Humanity”).

If anyone knows what song is played at this point I’d be very appreciated.

Thanks (and if you know where I can get it I’d be more grateful).
[/quote]

It is on the soundtrack. It’s Crane/White Lightning by the great Charles Bernstein

[quote]Question:

what is the song were mia goes into the bathroom and sniff the coke, i know its in blow also. does any one know what song im talking about?

Answer: I think it’s either Rumble or Ace of Spades, I can’t remember which one[/quote]

Anybody know the song thats playing in Jack Rabbits once they actually sit down? Its a guitar only song and its also in the movie “blow” when theyre on the beach… anybody anybody???

Rumble by Link Wray