Kill Bill Directors Cut DVD Wish List

Kill Bill DVD and video section, also deals with version comparisons
dannymac77

Kill Bill Directors Cut DVD Wish List

Post by dannymac77 » Fri May 05, 2006 7:51 am

Ok, so yes, one of the best movies ever made.  We know it will come, hopefully we won't have to wait too long, but when the director's cut comes out, what are some features you are interested in seeing?

Myself:
-NR (show me that beautiful action in full color, baby!)
-wasn't QT going to make this just one movie originally instead of breaking it up into two?  Be nice to see that edit with all the deleted scenes integrated in
-commentary with UT and QT
Last edited by Usurper on Fri May 05, 2006 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Usurper
Real McCoy

Re: Kill Bill Directors Cut DVD Wish List

Post by Usurper » Fri May 05, 2006 12:04 pm

They cant fit the whole 4 hour movie onto one DVD. So they will have each volume on a seperate disc most likely.

For this fancy new DVD I want to see feature length documentaries on -

The Making of Kill Bill - A making of doco something similar to SW Episode 1's excellent doco "The Beginning" (which is actually better than the movie itself)

Movies that inspired Kill Bill - Looks at all the movies that inspired and were homaged in Kill Bill

Also want a QT commentary. If they dont have it, I'm not buying the DVD. The guy is so damned entertaining to listen to.
Last edited by Usurper on Fri May 05, 2006 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Then they threw an army at him, and he threw it back... a piece at a time!" - Lone Wolf & Cub

Hans

Post by Hans » Fri May 05, 2006 3:31 pm

I want to see ALL of the trailers, including the normal one for Volume 1 and the commercials aired on t.v. I still remember seeing the 30 second clip right before V.1 came out with "Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood" playing in the background as it showed Budd on screen. Awesome.

Laydback
Fucking Professional

Post by Laydback » Sat May 06, 2006 7:09 pm

I'd want it as a 3-Disc set (The complete,unedited cut of the movie is probably long enough to spread over 2 discs)

-Tarantino solo commentary

-Techincal commentary

-Cast (And friends) commentary

-Audience track

-"Grindhouse" documentary (Not based on the movie, Grindhouse. But a retrospective documentary about
the grindhouse run and the movies that influenced Kill Bill)

-"Lowdown at the House of Blue Leaves" Documentary of the set piece that took the longest to shoot for the movie. Showing pre-production material,rehearsels,multi-angles,etc..

-Deleted Scenes

-Anime featurette

-Music of Kill Bill: Interviews with RZA,Rodriguez,and Ennio Morricone

-"KNB in China" SFX featurette

-World premier footage (From various countries)

-Vintage trailer gallery for David Carradine,Gordon Liu,and Sonny Chiba (Ala Pam Grier and Robert Forster on the JACKIE DVD)

QT6rox
Kiddo

Post by QT6rox » Sat May 06, 2006 8:32 pm

If they wait a while they can do a blu ray disc and do just one movie instead of splitting them up.

But they will have to split them up more than likely.

SnakeCharmer

Post by SnakeCharmer » Sun May 07, 2006 6:14 am

As much as dislike those new DVD formats, I would say The Whole Bloody Affair is a likely candidate for the first wave of Blu-Ray and HD-DVDs.

Sebastian
Inglourious Basterd

Post by Sebastian » Sun May 07, 2006 9:04 am

yeah, I also think they're gonna hold back this fucker for blue ray or hd dvd. but i think they're milking all over again and they will first release the same standard shit again on blue ray before putting on all the extras

Scarface
Fucking Professional

Post by Scarface » Sun May 07, 2006 4:40 pm

The Seb wrote: yeah, I also think they're gonna hold back this fucker for blue ray or hd dvd. but i think they're milking all over again and they will first release the same standard shit again on blue ray before putting on all the extras
So you think I'll have to buy blue ray in order to see the special features I've been waiting to see for the last 2 years? Fuck'em if that'll be true.

Sebastian
Inglourious Basterd

Post by Sebastian » Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:51 pm

be patient and spend your time with those awesome sin city discs

Knoxville Kingpin
Basterd

Post by Knoxville Kingpin » Sun Jun 11, 2006 10:13 am

With a dual layer disc I see no reason why it couldn't fit on one DVD as they are basically two discs in one.

Ive seen the Japanese version of Kill Bill 1 with the extra cut here and there and in full color, simply awesome!

On the new release I would like to see the whole movie recut and edited to balance it out as one complete movie, saving the House of Blue leaves battle with the crazy 88 until just before she meets back up with Bill in the final act.

If QT doesn't do this Im going to do it myself. I've already re-edited The Matrix Reloaded and revolutions into one action packed non stop 3 hour 20 minute fight fest using my PC, showbiz movie maker and a few other tools. I call it the Reloaded Revolutions, original I know. I think it turned out quite good IMO.  Ive been thinking about doing Kill Bill for awhile but havent mustered up the motivation to do it as of yet.

You guys have any ideas on how to replot the scenes? What order would you put them in? In the Matrix 2 and 3 I cut out lots of parts I felt were unnesessary like all the dance scenes and some of the dialog. The only rule I made was none of the action was to be cut. I soon broke that but I felt some of the attack on Zion was drawn out too long just to stretch the movie out. I time compressed some of the scenes in order to shorten it up a tad also. Non of that would be right to do to Kill Bill however. I wouldn't cut a single scene but I would like to take both movies and try cutting them into one new mix. I wonder will QT cut any scenes out?
"Im sorry!" - Stuntman Mike

Image Image

Sebastian
Inglourious Basterd

Post by Sebastian » Sun Jun 11, 2006 12:09 pm

why would he?
and i think once you start editing movies you bough into something else, then well.... why did you buy them in the first place, i mean, then its no longer the directors work.

as for dvd, dual layer dvds are the standard, and that doesnt mean you fit a lot on them, unless you make a compromise for quality, and no major studio today is willing to do that. modern dvds from newer films have very high bitrate for dvds and that doesnt leave much space for any extras, thats why we see so many 2 and 3 disc sets.
i hope they go for blue ray right away and put it on ther ein highest quality and tons of extras, and release a dvd version as well for the poor sobs among us

Knoxville Kingpin
Basterd

Post by Knoxville Kingpin » Sun Jun 11, 2006 2:20 pm

Personally, Im not touching blue ray for at least a few years and I doubt any studio will only release movies to that format for a very long time. I have to disagree about the dual layer. Its not standard, not yet. Most every DVD I have is single layer. Movie studios don't want to spring for the high cost of these discs. Only the big releases with lots of extras use dual layer and most of the time they would rather use two single DVD's instead of one dual layer. I deal with a lot of video work and a dual layer DVD will be plenty for this release although Im sure it will be on two DVD's, the extras being on the second disc of course. If the right company does the compression it will be fine on DVD.

I edit video for my own pleasure and to also learn software.  I respect their work and vision, well some directors, but I like to see what I can do myself. I wish I could get a big Hollywood job editing. Its just a hobby.

As far as the question about Q cutting some scenes, I was just wondering what people think. Some scenes would be redundant if both movies are edited together or would not need to be seen to make the story flow properly.
Last edited by Knoxville Kingpin on Sun Jun 11, 2006 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Image Image

Sebastian
Inglourious Basterd

Post by Sebastian » Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:21 am

like the summary for the cliffhanger at the end of vol1 probably, yeah

Angel
Fucking Professional

Post by Angel » Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:56 am

Usurper wrote: Also want a QT commentary. If they dont have it, I'm not buying the DVD.
Haha, yes you will. You'll just be angry for a while and then succumb to the awesome pulling power of Tarantino.

WebMaiden

Post by WebMaiden » Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:59 am

How about this Holiday Season: a DELUXE SPECIAL EDITION of Kill Bill 1 & 2. I'd buy it regardless of or in addition to all the other hoo-ha y'all want on there.

Inglorious_Bastard

Post by Inglorious_Bastard » Mon Aug 07, 2006 2:55 am

Doesn't matter to me, I'll buy it regardless. Just because it's a Special Edition. :P

DrTopo

Post by DrTopo » Mon Aug 07, 2006 2:50 pm

A good extra would be to know why Hattori Hanzo is so mad at Bill.
An even better extra would be to see a killing mission from back in the day, with the Bride and Oren Ishii together. We could learn the origin of the "tricks are for kids" inside. Plus, you can't get enough of Lucy Liu.

me
Fucking Professional

Post by me » Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:34 am

What I would love to have is...

-Quentin Tarantino Commentary
-Cast Commentary
-Quentin Tarantino And Cast Commentary
-Joe Bob Briggs Commentary(that be awesome)
-Creating Kill Bill
-The Films that influenced Kill Bill documentary
-DVD Must be a Three Disc or Two Set and the Three disc set comes in a collectors tin or you can get the regular two disc set
-Interviews with cast and crew

ThaDuke

Post by ThaDuke » Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:36 am

Fuck it. I'd be happy with just the uncut version.

..aaaaand maybe a QT & Bender commentary track...

Naman
Hard Drinker

Post by Naman » Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:37 pm

Bit disappointed by the R2 DVD of both Kill Bills- just the one Making of... featurette was a little slim for my liking.

me pretty much summed up what I'd like, so I'm not gonna go into what I'd LIKE to see, though I can't wait for the planned complete Kill Bill cut they've got coming out soon- (Kill Bill Volumes 1 & 2 as one single film, with deleted scenes and extra anime sections)

Nuff said really- gonna be ace!
Last edited by Naman on Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Knoxville Kingpin
Basterd

Post by Knoxville Kingpin » Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:06 pm

It should come with an Hattori Hanzo sword. Word

Image Image

Laydback
Fucking Professional

Post by Laydback » Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:24 pm

Knoxville Kingpin wrote: It should come with an Hattori Hanzo sword. Word
The Japanese LE had one
http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/content.php?contentid=10523

me
Fucking Professional

Post by me » Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:32 pm

Yeah but thats to good to be true. We'll be lucky to get a two/three disc with commentary.

Naman
Hard Drinker

Post by Naman » Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:00 pm

It should come with an Hattori Hanzo sword
Pfft.

Hanzo swords can't beat the Amercian Beauty UE I saw where you get a bag of rose petals :P

Yummy.

Knoxville Kingpin
Basterd

Post by Knoxville Kingpin » Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:37 pm

Naman wrote: Pfft.

Hanzo swords can't beat the Amercian Beauty UE I saw where you get a bag of rose petals :P

Yummy.
While I simply love American Beauty (in my top ten list!) rose petals are pretty weak. They should have included a Thra Birch blow up doll.
Now thats a special thing.

Image Image

Naman
Hard Drinker

Post by Naman » Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:08 pm

That would have been great  ;D

I didn't ACTUALLY think the rose petals were cool lol, in fact they were pretty weird, and after a few days just smell really BAD.

And I found someone else who likes American Beauty- most people just dismiss it or mistake it for 'that film with the horse in' (Black Beauty)

Darryl Revok
Kiddo

Post by Darryl Revok » Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:52 pm

A 4 disc set.

Disc one will house the uncut version of Vol. 1 with the some re-editing at the end to make it blend seamlessly into part 2.

disc 2 will house Vol. 2 with an intermission at the beginning like they used to do in the old days.

disc 3 will be tons of behind the scenes stuff/making of things about Vol. 1

Disc 4 will be the same behind the scenes/making of stuff  of vol. 2.

And both move discs will have cast/crew commentary tracks on them. 

Sebastian
Inglourious Basterd

Post by Sebastian » Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:36 am

see the other topic NOW

helu
Hard Drinker

Post by helu » Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:22 am

Anime version of Yuki's Revenge...

robertdiggs36
Real McCoy

Post by robertdiggs36 » Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:27 pm

All I need is mutiple commentaries from Quentin Tarantino (so he can mention all the references in both volumes).  That is not much is it?