Discussion of KB DVDs

i thought that Vol. 1 DVD was going to be super shit hot, packed full of special stuff, and then when Vol. 2 comes out, that too will be bursting with glorious special features. then when they release a special edition with both films together that would have millions more special features that weren’t on the previous two discs, making it worthwhile to buy vol 1, vol 2 then the box set.

but now, with the dawn of vol 1 dvd nigh upon us, it seems the dvd features are shit, meaning the vol 2 ones will be also, and we’ll have to wait til the box set for any substantial features. thats gay. or worse still, theyll release vol 1 dvd, then vol 1 special edition just b4 vol2 comes out on dvd, then theyll release vol 2, then vol 2 special edition, then the box set with new added extras., so we will all have to own 5 kill bill dvds in all.

now im pissed off.

Well theres no telling when QT will release a complete Kill Bill CE DVD with the special edition stuff. Could be years from now. He always says that he likes to wait until the fans are fiending for a Deluxe Edition, then he’ll release one.

So until then I’m gonna fork over the 40 bucks for both Volumes. Theres no way Im NOT going to have Kill Bill Vol 1 in my dvd player on April 13th!!! :o

Fuck that shit. Buy the barebones editions for 15 bux at Best Buy and sell them on Ebay once the SE comes out.

Its all a money making scheme, you all must see it. They know that hardcore funs such as ourselves will buy the cheap barebones for each volume and then well buy the special edition when it comes out. Thats double the profit. I think if they wanted to be nice to us they’d have just the special edition and thats it, no bulls**t, just the real deal, and they shouldnt make us wait 5 years for it or even a year, they should bring it out a month or two after kill bill vol. 2 comes out in theatres. that would be fair. And i know tarantino wants us to salavate over the super special edition but we already are. Mr. Tarantino, here we are now, entertain us.

I DONT GIVE A SHIT. I AM GOING TO BUY EVERY EDITION OF THIS/THESE MOVIE(S) ON DVD. BAREBONES OR NOT. i can afford to buy a bare edition of the most kicks-ass movie of last year. :wink:

hey i probably will buy them too, maybe not all but most. im just pointing out that theyre taking advantage of the ones they need the most, the loyal QT kill bill fans.

dont get me wrong, people, im gonna be buying every availailable edition of both volumes plus the box set, but im just miffed that ive not got many special features to look forward to. :frowning:

oh mr tarantino, why you do this to me?

on the plus side, when you pre-order your volume one dvd from hmv, you get a free pussy wagon keyring… just like buck’s. 8)

Ive been watching/buying movies for a long time now. Since before DVDs even came out. I dont buy movies for the special features, the way I see it, VHS never had anything on them excaept some crappy trailers. Anything I get on a DVD that has more than trailers is cool with me.

I dont give a damn about special features that much where I’ll refuse to buy a fuckin movie I loved. I want to watch the movie, not the special features anyway.

I dont think people care about the movies anymore, they just want the extras. Its kinda lame.

not at all.

ive seen the film more than ten times now, and i cant wait to watch it again, believe me, but im gonna be spending £20 pounds to watch it. the way i say it, they have the capability to give us so much more than the film, they should just do it. i look forward to the release of the dvd obviously, but its nothing i havent seen before.

and that says nothing of how much i like the film other than that i want to see as much kill bill stuff as possible.

if thats lame, then im lame.

Johnny, but do you love the movie or do you just love the extras? What is so great about them? Just to have some extra interview, trailers and other stuff. Its cool and all, but nothing is better than having the actual movie IMO.

Someone mentioned “money making scheme”. Id gladly fork over my hard earned money to a few Kill Bill DVDs. I love the movie that much. I have all the other QT movies in diff versions and I dont mind buying both Volumes separately AND the SE when its released. Its not that big of a deal.

Thing is that Kill Bill is the perfect movie for cool special features. They can cover so much cool stuff that the possibilities are endless…even if the Vol. 1 dvd is gonna come out twice. Personally, I would have loved to see a detailed documentary on all those movies which have influenced Vol. 1. Or maybe some trailers of such movies. Having Kill Bill on dvd with just a short making-of and some bullshit music videos is just a crime IMHO.

Im all for the cool documentaries and stuff, but what Im saying is, if a movie comes out on DVD and theres no great extras on the first release, why complain about it? Just enjoy the movie and when theres a SE with all the goodies, go buy that too. You can afford it I’m sure.

QT doesnt have the time to do all this shit, hes only one guy, he cant direct, write, edit AND help create special edition dvds etc. He probably will want to have a big hand in the SE of Kill Bill anyway. Theres so many things that could be put into it.

I know what you’re saying. QT is pretty busy with Vol. 2 right now, so he certainly won’t have time to spend his time on the dvd. I give him that. But the thing that could piss me off would be if he pulls off the shit he did with the JB dvd again…you know, the fact that he wants us to wait for the SE and shit like that.

I really wish the deluxe box set comes out within this year, or maybe the beginning of the next year at the most. I’ll give QT all the time he needs to work on it, but I’d certainly be bothered if it is delayed purely cause of laziness. Don’t forget that the box set will not only have the same old special features…but also new anime Kill-Bill related stuff. I’m pretty sure QT promised that to us.

I agree with Vic there, but still, this movie is totally perfect for a feature-packed stuff. and if it would’ve been Tarantino’s decision, I think we wouldn’t have gotten this crappy barebone. instead, he would’ve let us wait till christmas with no dvd at all, and then he would hit us with some double-feature 6-Disc motherfucker, cram full of audio commentaries, trailers, interviews and documentaries about the SFX, the blood, the crews, the action, the locations and so on and so on…

but that’s wishful thinking. in the end, it’s like that: Miramax will milk us till we’re dry. that’s a fact. and whether you buy the barebone or not, that’s one’s own decision… miramax will thank you for your bucks by continuing that marketing policy :wink:

i dont really care too much about interviews, or shit of that sort, except maybe a behind the scenes docementary, what im really concerned about is getting a disc with commentary or the informative trivia track that pulp ficiton and jackie brown both have. IM also concerned about some new footage or things of that sort.

Hopefully the ‘deluxe version’ will have commentaries and a trivia track, as well as deleted footage.

[quote]Thing is that Kill Bill is the perfect movie for cool special features. They can cover so much cool stuff that the possibilities are endless…even if the Vol. 1 dvd is gonna come out twice. Personally, I would have loved to see a detailed documentary on all those movies which have influenced Vol. 1. Or maybe some trailers of such movies. Having Kill Bill on dvd with just a short making-of and some bullshit music videos is just a crime IMHO.[/quote]

thank you. im sorry but i am totally pissed off about this barebones version, it sucks. (not enough to not buy it though :wink: ) if i dont get a super-dooper-extra-special-deluxe-super-magic-version by christmas, im gonna sharpen up my ornamental sword and go on my own roaring rampage of revenge.

[quote]

thank you. im sorry but i am totally pissed off about this barebones version, it sucks. (not enough to not buy it though  :wink: )  if i dont get a super-dooper-extra-special-deluxe-super-magic-version by christmas, im gonna sharpen up my ornamental sword and go on my own roaring rampage of revenge.
[/quote]

Someone should give this man the address of Harry Weinstein....

Honestly, how surprised are you people? Has any previous Tarantino DVD had any good special features? They were all pretty bare-boned. All the SE DVDs were very pleasing though. I got em all except for JB.

[quote]

Someone should give this man the address of Harry Weinstein… [/quote]

be sure to pack real Hanzo steel. the man is a fatso, you might need two swords

as for the special editions.... this is friggin Miramax, what the hell did you people expect? and besides... Volume 2 wasnt finished quite soon, how should Tarantino have had the time to produce all that stuff?
you'll get your stuff.

dont complain, really. look at four rooms, pulp fiction and so on, all those normal dvds didnt have any extras, and the people still buy them