KILL BILL DVD - Tarantino talks

Tarantino talked about the DVD in the recent issue of Rolling Stone Magazine (Germany):

And surely you have a DVD for Kill Bill in mind?

Yeah, and that’s the cool thing about DVD: you can pack things onto it that didn’t fit into the theatrical version, because only a bunch of fans and yourself are interested in it, but the majority in the audience would be bored. I take the DVD very serious, to me that’s like a movie on its own, not just a few pieces of it stuck together. But you have to wait until the audience is really longing for the DVD - then its more fun.

[quote]Tarantino talked about the DVD in the recent issue of Rolling Stone Magazine (Germany): I take the DVD very serious, to me that’s like a movie on its own, not just a few pieces of it stuck together. But you have to wait until the audience is really longing for the DVD - then its more fun.[/i][/quote]

Dont tell me QT is gonna make us wait for another 6 years for a special edition of Kill Bill. Im sick of this waiting shit! Hes made us wait for 6 years for Kill Bill, I think he owes us some shit!

WE WANT THE SPECIAL EDITION DVD ASAP!!! DAMNIT!!! :wink:

if he pulls another jackie brown i’m gonna be pissed. won’t somebody tell him that it doesn’t take us six years to want his fucking DVD! >:(

blame miramax for THAT bullshit

[quote]blame miramax for THAT bullshit[/quote]

On the JB DVD introduction, QT boasts on how much he enjoyed seein the fans wait desperately for the DVD release and, as he states, “not to take it for granted”. So he was part of it too I guess. If he doesnt release the Kill Bill DVD within a reasonable period, I’m gonna download both movies off the internet. I don’t give  a shit, it’s Miramax’s loss.

I don’t care too much about when or wether or not a special edition of a dvd comes out so long as A dvd actually comes out. Most of the time, the extras on a lot of dvds are stuff you’ve more than likely seen before in the hype leading up to, surrounding, and following the release of the movie. Few “special” or “collector’s” edition dvds have truly original content. As long as I have the movie itself, I’m content to rely on Tarantino.info for the backstory, interviews, trivia, etc. surrounding it.

I’m guessing he’s only going to release a special edition, but i’m not sure. did he release a crappy version of Jackie Brown first and then the good one, or not?

[quote]I’m guessing he’s only going to release a special edition, but i’m not sure. did he release a crappy version of Jackie Brown first and then the good one, or not?[/quote]

He just released the special edition dvd; there was no former version I think. Between 1998 - 2002; the only way you could see “Jackie brown” was either on vhs or by downloading it off the internet.

Well now that it is split in two and the second part is four months after the first, perhaps they will release a bare bones edition of the Volume one to reaquaint viewers with the story thus far.

I don’t thnk V. 1 will be playing in theatres when February rolls around(not here, anyway). It might(seems like Pulp played forever), or they might re-release it when the second volume comes out.

I sort of hope they do and hope they don’t. On one hand, I’ll have half the movie earlier. On the other, I’ll probably want to buy whatever “special edition” that they will release in the future.

I hope someone disabuses Tarantino of the notion that he needs to make the fans wait in order for them to appreciate the DVD.

Unless I hate the movie(which I doubt) then I won’t care either way. :slight_smile:

Here something remotely important to ponder…

QT is going to release both volumes on one special edition dvd, but that might not happen too soon. Mirimax is in control, not QT. Apparantley Mirimax wants to release each volume seperately on two different dvd releases, then give QT his deserved special edition. You know, milk the consumer. So what will really happen concerning the dvd is just a blur, for now.

That’s a good theory. I could see Miramax doing that. Miramax may be the house that QT built, but is seems to me that hollywood is a very “whathaveyoudoneformelately” kinda town. If this movie doesn’t hit it out of the park, he may lose some of the clout that he has with them.

I just hope that whatever he does - eventually we get a version where he does a full length commentary. His From Dusk TIll Dawn commentary was a classic.

Agreed. The FDTD commentary and True Romance commentaries are my two favorite commentaries ever, except maybe Bruce Cambell’s on Evil Dead.

[quote]

On the JB DVD introduction, QT boasts on how much he enjoyed seein the fans wait desperately for the DVD release and, as he states, “not to take it for granted”. So he was part of it too I guess. If he doesnt release the Kill Bill DVD within a reasonable period, I’m gonna download both movies off the internet. I don’t give  a shit, it’s Miramax’s loss.[/quote]

You’ll download it anyway I’m sure…

[quote]

You’ll download it anyway I’m sure…[/quote]

Hehe, that’s so true. The way it is these days, QT will be contributing to the movie piracy industry if he doesn’t release the dvd as soon as possible. Practically everyone will already have it on their computer by the time QT’s stubborn ass puts it out on dvd.

rumor has it VOLUME 1 DVD will be released 2006 & VOLUME 2 in 2007 - then in 2008 we will see a SPECIAL EDITION OF BOTH VOLUMES

Why the fuck would they do that? I think Disney’s smart enough to know that if they did that, EVERYONE would download that movie off the Internet in two shakes of a lambs tail. I could see them releasing bare-bone editions of both in summer/fall 2004 and then special editions in like 2005/2006. The only way I’d be happy, is if they play both vol’s. until they get released in 2006/2007, but that would never happen, and people would stop seeing them, I wonder how much $ I’ll have to spend on seeing this movie in the theatre alone, I know the first day of both, I’m seeing first show first day, and gonna try to stay for all of the showings those days, plus several times that weekend/week. But I’ll probably only pay to see it a couple of times each day.

For those who don’t know

the release date accordin to this is feb 3rd:

Finally, industry sources are telling us to expect Miramax’s Kill Bill: Volume One on DVD on February 3rd. No word yet on extras, but you can reasonably expect this to be a special edition…

off the digital bits.com

yes we know, it’s kinda been in other topics, plus it’s on the front page of this site

orange, just lettin you know it’s going to be a 2-disc set, no word yet if it’ll contain the unrated version or not

I hope they include the unrated version its always good, sometimes its better… it would include ALL the real violent things thye had to cut out right

hmmmmmm, how bout a directors cut