[UMD mini for PSP] Kill Bill 1 & 2

Kill Bill DVD and video section, also deals with version comparisons
GATSU

[UMD mini for PSP] Kill Bill 1 & 2

Post by GATSU » Thu Mar 17, 2005 9:04 pm

From Cinescape:
Walt Disney home video division has announced it will release five movies for the newly-developed UMD format for Sony's PlayStation Portable (PSP) handheld video game and media device.

The five titles to be released are: "National Treasure," "Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl," "Reign of Fire," "Kill Bill Vol. 1" and "Hero."

Sony has said it will charge $20 and up for UMD films. 

Sebastian
Inglourious Basterd

Re: Kill Bill to be available in UMD format

Post by Sebastian » Sun May 08, 2005 1:17 pm

from davisdvd.com:

Available on July 19th from Buena Vista will be Armageddon, From Dusk Till Dawn, Gone in 60 Seconds: Director's Cut and Kill Bill vol. 2. Bonus materials in this fourth wave include "Hollywood Goes To Hell" and "On the Set" featurettes, deleted scenes, music videos (From Dusk Till Dawn); "Zero to 60," "Wild Rides" and "Action Overload" featurettes (Gone in 60 Seconds); and a deleted scene (Kill Bill vol. 2). Retail is $29.99 apiece.

Kyrus
Kiddo

Re: [UMD mini for PSP] Kill Bill 1 & 2

Post by Kyrus » Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:11 am

Fucking terrible idea. If I had a PSP I would never buy a UMD movie, not that I would get a PSP. Gaming should be kept inside the house.

Col. Crazy Kenneth
Fucking Professional

Post by Col. Crazy Kenneth » Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:22 am

I hope Sony fails with their UMD crap. 20 bucks for that shite, instead i can buy it on DVD - much better. They are out fo their mind!
"So much of what you see now in Hollywood is written and directed by committee, and you can see it. Things are so workshopped and so run around the room, and so overthought." - Trey Parker

Seth_Gecko
Fucking Professional

Post by Seth_Gecko » Mon Sep 05, 2005 1:08 pm

I have a portable dvd player anyway...indeed waaaaaaaaaay to expensive for a gadget you really don;t use...

the gaming on it is pretty sweet though, but watching expensive movies on them is crap
Hey Paul! *Wields axe* Try getting a reservation at Dorsia now you fucking stupid bastard!

Ify
Fucking Professional

Post by Ify » Mon Sep 05, 2005 1:29 pm

Kyrus wrote: Fucking terrible idea. If I had a PSP I would never buy a UMD movie, not that I would get a PSP. Gaming should be kept inside the house.
What if you're living away from home and you need to something to occupy yourself with when you get bored?

I agree, watching movies on a PSP is a stupid idea. I'm thinking of buying one though for playing games on.

"Movies are my religion and God is my patron. I'm lucky enough to be in the position where I don't make movies to pay for my pool. When I make a movie, I want it to be everything to me; like I would die for it." - QT

Tarantino1000
Cowardly Lion

Post by Tarantino1000 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:05 am

Watching PSP movies isnt that bad. Its even better than buying a DVD player on its alone. PSP is decent. Gaming, Movies, Music, Online. That has better stuff that a DVD player can't do. UMDs are only PSP formatted dvds. some have special features on them,even High Quality as original dvds. Not bad at all. Its would be a rip off, if its only expensive. But in UK. its ok about £5 or 8. but £20 is a rip off after all.