The Whole Bloody Affair

Kill Bill DVD and video section, also deals with version comparisons
Col. Crazy Kenneth
Fucking Professional

Re: The Whole Bloody Affair

Post by Col. Crazy Kenneth » Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:53 pm

couple o more minutes of Kill Bill? Awesome. Can't wait to get this.
"So much of what you see now in Hollywood is written and directed by committee, and you can see it. Things are so workshopped and so run around the room, and so overthought." - Trey Parker

NonStop
Basterd

Post by NonStop » Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:33 pm

Sebastian wrote: another quote

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/42005
Awesome. Keep putting off KB again and again to see the whole bloody affair. Is hoping for a release date in November too hopeful?

me
Fucking Professional

Post by me » Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:56 am

Gossip,thats all that is. He said he was gonna release it Last November and it kept getting pushed back and back, so I'm not gonna believe anything to I see an actual picture of the dvd.

Col. Crazy Kenneth
Fucking Professional

Post by Col. Crazy Kenneth » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:24 am

its not gossip, it will happen. and weve already seen a pic of how the set looks like. or will probably look like...
"So much of what you see now in Hollywood is written and directed by committee, and you can see it. Things are so workshopped and so run around the room, and so overthought." - Trey Parker

Larry
Kiddo

Post by Larry » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:54 pm

Man, i wanted to see Yukis revenge as anime. But every additional second Kill Bill is awesome.
Now... we just need a release date, eh? wasnt it 2004 once?
Duke Nukem: The whole bloody affair

Roi
Cowardly Lion

Post by Roi » Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:25 pm

During the promotion of 'Inglourious Basterds,' Quentin Tarantino has told reporters that once his job with this film is done he plans to revisit and expand two of his movies, including a final 'Kill Bill: The Whole Bloody Affair" and eventually the theatrical experience of 'Grindhouse', with a view to an eventual Blu-ray release.

'Kill Bill: the Whole Bloody Affair' is a cut that combines volumes 1 and 2 of the movie, and has some substantial differences with the versions released in the US and Europe, especially in the battle at the House of Blue Leaves. It has long since been rumored for home video, but never actually released.

Tarantino said that a "whole new section" has been done and added to the anime sequence. "I actually wrote a much longer script for the anime section during O-Ren's revenge chapter," explains the filmmaker. "Remember the guy with the long hair that kills her father? It's like, what happened to that dude? Well, I wrote it and it was the biggest, most elaborate thing I wrote — her taking him down."

Tarantino had the whole script for this sequence "written out shot for shot" but it was never produced at the time. Now Tarantino has persuaded producer Harvey Weinstein to make and insert this expanded sequence, and studio Production IG is animating it. Tarantino says that as soon as 'Inglourious Basterds' is "officially" behind him, he'll do the final supervision on the material.

On the other hand, it seems that the long-awaited theatrical cut of 'Grindhouse' might be farther off than we expected. Tarantino admitted, "We've just been lazy getting around to 'Grindhouse', the full edition." He didn't seem to be in a hurry, seeing that the theatrical cut has proven to be very popular with midnight showings all around the world.
http://scifiwire.com/2009/08/what-taran ... -add-t.php

Great news :).

jonitapani
Real McCoy

Post by jonitapani » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:40 pm

Hopefully they will release it on DVD too, not only on Blu-Ray.
ÄLÄKÄ KOLISE!

Sebastian
Inglourious Basterd

Post by Sebastian » Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:48 pm

brenn79
Cowardly Lion

Post by brenn79 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:56 pm

I have given up on ever thinking this is gonna happen. I am tired of months after months and even years after years going by and no new news. If this is not going to happen, then fine, the studio should say so, if its gonna be a few more years, say so, but don't just ignore us and then expect us to give up our cash when you finally decide to release it. I bought the bare bones blu-ray editions finally and am totally giving up on this ever happening. This is bullshit!