The Whole Bloody Affair

Kill Bill DVD and video section, also deals with version comparisons
Pete
Fucking Professional

Re: When is Kill Bill: The Whole Bloody Affair Coming out????

Post by Pete » Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:39 pm

With Kill Bill it would be pretty dull if TWBA was just the films put together with nothing added. QT probably loves it so much he feels the need to add even more cool stuff to it for fans. Its his best work so far I think. Its a beautifully done exploitation-pop-revenge film epic.

The only thing that would make it cooler would be to have commentaries added as well. 

Toothwaste
Cowardly Lion

Post by Toothwaste » Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:40 pm

Thanks for yr comments.
My grandpa´s Swedish so I should be allowed a dig at it I think...
There should be enough Blondes for all I imagine...

Definate version my ass... I think that´s such marketing crap...

There is the version that gets released that´s the general released version.
At that point it´s the (only) version.
Then, most of the time, when the movie tanks (or in other words sucked in parts or as a whole) they release the director´s cut version. That sometimes does do the trick (Kingdom of heaven or sometimes doesn´t Pearl harbour)
Then if it in later years let´s milk it some more and soup shit up to make it like the director truly envisioned (in other words ad CGI) there´s the definate version. (like Blade runner)

I liked Hot Fuzz, but mate US$ 80 for 3 versions of it would piss me off as a fan...

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:41 pm

PutneySwope wrote:

The only thing that would make it cooler would be to have commentaries added as well. 
SHIT YEAH!  But not like the RD commentary, where they just spliced together comments from different people's interviews.  Like a real commentary. 
"That's it.  Like my old Granddaddy used to always say, the less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect." - QT- Four Rooms

StuntmanD.
Cowardly Lion

Re: the whole bloody affair

Post by StuntmanD. » Sun May 04, 2008 2:39 pm

I  want a release date!!!! I tried, to no avail, to not watch the first DVD's again...but that was when the release date was last Nov....I have, of course, watched them multiple times in the last 6 months.
Over the line!!!!! Mark it zero!!!!!

Kedward
Cowardly Lion

Post by Kedward » Sun May 04, 2008 9:13 pm

Any news about Kill Bill Special Edition  coming out soon on dvd?

StuntmanD.
Cowardly Lion

Post by StuntmanD. » Sun May 04, 2008 9:18 pm

I ALSO NEED A RELEASE DATE for the Whole Bloody Affair!!! >:D

Wu_shu

Post by Wu_shu » Sat May 31, 2008 7:23 am

Ah, so my recent searching for the actual bonafide release date has proved fruitless.  Quentin likes to torture his fans a little I guess.  If the ultimate edition of the film has a "picture" on amazon, then why is the release date such a mystery?  I've seen the Japanese cut of the film and I definitely prefer it to the American cut.  I'm skeptical about there being anything more to TWBA than it just being the Japanese cut + vol 2.  I'll be perfectly happy if that's the case. 

Sebastian
Inglourious Basterd

Post by Sebastian » Sat May 31, 2008 3:51 pm

if you follow the news, he's apparently extending the anime sequence. I am pretty sure we'll see this thing this year.

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:42 am

Sebastian wrote: if you follow the news, he's apparently extending the anime sequence. I am pretty sure we'll see this thing this year.
Let's hope so anyway.  I've been waiting for this DVD for SO long now.  I just PRAY we don't have to wait 5 years for the full-set Grindhouse DVD.

Seriously, if there's not a QT commentary on TWBA, I'll be a bit disappointed.  He's SO fun to listen to.
"That's it.  Like my old Granddaddy used to always say, the less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect." - QT- Four Rooms

me
Fucking Professional

Post by me » Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:01 pm

Geoi wrote:
Seriously, if there's not a QT commentary on TWBA, I'll be a bit disappointed.  He's SO fun to listen to.
Yeah he better do a damn commentary or i'm gonna be one pissed off fan. What's the date now? I know it keeps getting pushed back.

Pete
Fucking Professional

Post by Pete » Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:04 pm

I dont think QT will do audio commentaries for any of his own films. Unless hes changed his preference not to review his own films firsthand. A commentary by cast and crew would be cool though. At least we'd get some info on the film from them.
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FoxForceFive
Real McCoy

Post by FoxForceFive » Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:14 pm

PutneySwope wrote: I dont think QT will do audio commentaries for any of his own films. Unless hes changed his preference not to review his own films firsthand.
But he did a commentary on Reservoir Dogs. I heard (I think it might have been on the From Dusk Til Dawn commentary) that he was gonna do one for Pulp Fiction too but it was something that he never got round to doing.

Pete
Fucking Professional

Post by Pete » Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:38 pm

He didnt do one for Dogs, it was just outtakes from interviews. Ive heard him say he isnt going to record audio commentaries for his own directed work. Unless hes changed his mind, dont expect any.

FoxForceFive
Real McCoy

Post by FoxForceFive » Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:00 pm

PutneySwope wrote: He didnt do one for Dogs, it was just outtakes from interviews. Ive heard him say he isnt going to record audio commentaries for his own directed work. Unless hes changed his mind, dont expect any.
Yeah, you're right about RD, my bad.

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:18 pm

Yeah, he only does commentaries on his own films while doing a commentary track for other films.  FDTD, Hostel, Hot Fuzz.  You have to listen to them all to hear things about his films that he's never mentioned before.

helu
Hard Drinker

Post by helu » Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:24 pm

SO I"m curious. If the Whole Bloody Affair comes out, can we then call it one movie? For instance on IMDB can it have it's own page and an awesome rating, or will it still always be considered two films?

Pete
Fucking Professional

Post by Pete » Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:59 pm

Kill Bill IS one movie. It was always one movie. Just like Bastards will be one movie.

StuntmanD.
Cowardly Lion

Post by StuntmanD. » Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:47 pm

I hate it when I hear people say "I like the first one but..." Because I then have to say "Fuck you, it is one movie! You're an idiot!"

Mr. Jettah
Real McCoy

Re: The Whole Bloody Affair

Post by Mr. Jettah » Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:08 pm

actually guys, its two movies. it was released seperetly in theatres and on dvds, it IS two movies.
OF COURSE it was written, shot, and created as one film. spiritually its one movie, but technically its two films and dats dat. to quentin fans, its one movie, to normal people its two.

btw

WHEN THE FUCK IS THE BLOODY AFFAIR COMING OUT?
i saw the pic, the box looks awesome, BUT WHERE DA FUCK IS IT

Ify
Fucking Professional

Post by Ify » Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:44 pm

Mr. Jettah wrote: actually guys, its two movies. it was released seperetly in theatres and on dvds, it IS two movies.
OF COURSE it was written, shot, and created as one film. spiritually its one movie, but technically its two films and dats dat. to quentin fans, its one movie, to normal people its two.

btw

WHEN THE FUCK IS THE BLOODY AFFAIR COMING OUT?
i saw the pic, the box looks awesome, BUT WHERE DA FUCK IS IT
Why do the credits of Volume 1 appear in Volume 2?

"Movies are my religion and God is my patron. I'm lucky enough to be in the position where I don't make movies to pay for my pool. When I make a movie, I want it to be everything to me; like I would die for it." - QT

Pete
Fucking Professional

Post by Pete » Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:49 pm

I thought the reason there were two credits sequences at the end was because the colored one was for Vol 1 and the B&W one was for Vol 2. But its one film, thats why there is no end credits sequence after Vol 1.
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NonStop
Basterd

Post by NonStop » Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:10 pm

[quote="PutneySwope"]
I thought the reason there were two credits sequences at the end was because the colored one was for Vol 1 and the B&W one was for Vol 2. But its one film, thats why there is no end credits sequence after Vol 1. 
[/quotel.

Indeedy. Amd this needs to come out soon, I keep holding KB off to see it, but I only do that for so long, lo.

Kinick
Fucking Professional

Post by Kinick » Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:15 pm

There's end credits at the end of my Vol. 1!

Then there's an entire credit sequence for both volumes at the of Vol. 2.

Vol. 2 is not a sequel, it's a continuation... but they were both separate releases (in cinema and DVD) with beginnings and ends on both, hence - one movie turned into two.
Last edited by Kinick on Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NonStop
Basterd

Post by NonStop » Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:34 pm

Kinick wrote: There's end credits at the end of my Vol. 1!

Then there's an entire credit sequence for both volumes at the of Vol. 2.

Vol. 2 is not a sequel, it's a continuation... but they were both separate releases (in cinema and DVD) with beginnings and ends on both, hence - one movie turned into two.
Its still one movie though, just split into two.

Kinick
Fucking Professional

Post by Kinick » Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:43 pm

NonStop wrote: Its still one movie though, just split into two.
Of course, once you remove the end credits and end-cap to Vol. 1, as well as the re-cap from vol. 2 and put it back together to create The Whole Bloody Affair.  ;D

SharpestLives16
Kiddo

Post by SharpestLives16 » Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:44 pm

I remember reading an article about Uma Thurman saying that Quentin was working on a new anime chapter (Yuki's Revenge?) for KBTWBF....does anybody know if it's true? I think the article was from this spring...

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:50 pm

I just remembered what he said about doing commentaries.  It was in the FDTD commentary.  RR told QT that it's cool to have him doing the commentary with him since he doesn't do them on his own films, and QT says something like, it's because he didn't make this movie.  He acted in it and left.  He didn't have to sit in the editing room for months looking at it everyday.  And then go to screenings of it, and watch it with audiences over and over.  Like by the time the DVD is being made, he's still sick of seeing it, so he doesn't want to sit there and watch it again.

Makes sense, but when they release anniversary editions and special editions of his films, he ought to be able to sit in a studio and talk about random shit for a couple hours by then.

SharpestLives16
Kiddo

Post by SharpestLives16 » Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:49 pm

dandadub
Hard Drinker

Post by dandadub » Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:47 pm

so have i got this right? its a 4 dvd set, im guessing 1 will be the movie, 1 will be the special features and are the other two animes of the bride and bill? im fucking dying for this! we WONT see this for a couple of years i reckon with i.b. being made right now. god im getting desperate now, thats why i rushed out and bought the japanese grindhouse box set instead of waiting for the region 1 or region 2 (uk not japan) release.

Revenge is a dish best served cold

Mr.Brown-1602
Hard Drinker

Post by Mr.Brown-1602 » Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:35 am

do you really think the animes 'bout bill and the bride would be first-released as bonus features?