The Whole Bloody Affair

Kill Bill DVD and video section, also deals with version comparisons
badmutha77
Kiddo

Re: When is Kill Bill: The Whole Bloody Affair Coming out????

Post by badmutha77 » Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:23 pm

I heard the Weinsteins ran into some legal trouble with Disney/Buena Vista. Don't know what, but when it clears, if it clears, they'll go ahead with the release.

Ify
Fucking Professional

Post by Ify » Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:32 pm

If anyone is interested, Volume 1 is coming on BBC 3 (UK) at the moment. It just started.

"Movies are my religion and God is my patron. I'm lucky enough to be in the position where I don't make movies to pay for my pool. When I make a movie, I want it to be everything to me; like I would die for it." - QT

Sebastian
Inglourious Basterd

Post by Sebastian » Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:58 am

badmutha77 wrote: I heard the Weinsteins ran into some legal trouble with Disney/Buena Vista. Don't know what, but when it clears, if it clears, they'll go ahead with the release.
they took TWBA with them

Sebastian
Inglourious Basterd

Post by Sebastian » Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:59 am

Starvin Marvin wrote: It's Jackie Brown all over again. Only this is more painful because Kill Bill is better in every way.
that's a false statement. Jackie Brown wasn't on DVD at all for years. There are decent kill Bill DVDs out there, the situation is just a matter of patience...

NonStop
Basterd

Post by NonStop » Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:09 pm

Sebastian wrote: that's a false statement. Jackie Brown wasn't on DVD at all for years. There are decent kill Bill DVDs out there, the situation is just a matter of patience...
Indeed. I was going to stop myself form watching Kill Bill at all till this edition came pout, but I think that idea is now out the window.

m_burlock
Kiddo

Post by m_burlock » Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:29 pm

I've been told that with the departure of the Weinsteins from Miramax Buena Vista see's them as competion now and as such has no interest in releasing TWBA.

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:51 pm

If that's true, I am majorly pissed-off!  This is not cool. >:(
"That's it.  Like my old Granddaddy used to always say, the less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect." - QT- Four Rooms

Bowl O Rice
Cowardly Lion

Post by Bowl O Rice » Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:02 am

m_burlock wrote: I've been told that with the departure of the Weinsteins from Miramax Buena Vista see's them as competion now and as such has no interest in releasing TWBA.
It doesn't matter. The Weinsteins have legal right to Kill Bill: The Whole Bloody Affair. It doesn't belong to Buena Vista anymore. It's very likely the Miramax logo will be nowhere to be found on TWBA, and instead the Weinstein Company logo in its place.
"If Butch goes to Indo-China, I want a nigger hidin' in a bowl o' rice ready to pop a cap in his ass." - Marcellus Wallace

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:54 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Bob and Harvey start Miramax?  Why did they leave?
"That's it.  Like my old Granddaddy used to always say, the less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect." - QT- Four Rooms

Sebastian
Inglourious Basterd

Post by Sebastian » Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:43 pm

yeah they did. but there was a row with Disney over i dont remember what, and they left but took their films with them and started their own company. i mean, disney kinda didnt want all that adult movie genre cinema stuff tied to their name, since they mostly want to sell kids movies, so the weinsteins were like okay fuck you guys, we just do our own thing then...

SaGA
Cowardly Lion

Post by SaGA » Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:15 pm

At this point shouldn't they consider making this set on HD format? like Blue Ray since HD DVD is officially dead now, anyways I hope we can get some info soon as I would like to own this set since I dont own the regular DVDs.

First post on this forum, great site guys.

bluebranch
Cowardly Lion

the whole bloody affair

Post by bluebranch » Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:21 am

if you head over to empireonline.com there is an article on the upcoming release on the whole bloody affair dvd, feautring new animated scenes...

Col. Crazy Kenneth
Fucking Professional

Re: the whole bloody affair

Post by Col. Crazy Kenneth » Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:39 am

good news, good news! I hope there's new Esteban Vihaio material.

He should do the 2 anime movies. One about Bill's mentors and father figures and another one, oh i dunno. it's Kill Bill so it would be awesome.

new Kill Bill material = heaven.
"So much of what you see now in Hollywood is written and directed by committee, and you can see it. Things are so workshopped and so run around the room, and so overthought." - Trey Parker

Sebastian
Inglourious Basterd

Post by Sebastian » Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:08 am

seems to confirm the scoop from the other topic.

Sebastian
Inglourious Basterd

Post by Sebastian » Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:09 am

well the kills bills are available on bluRay already, so of course they will release those on Bluray as well, why wouldn't they.

Lt. BioBasterd
Fucking Professional

Post by Lt. BioBasterd » Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:43 pm

Fucking great news  ;D I hope the Deadly Vipoer Assasination Squad animated video is on there. When is the Grindhouse box-set coming out? Does anyone know?
"All the billing in the world and the billboards can't do it. It's the people who pay their hard-earned cash across the ticket windows that make stars." - J.L. Mankiewicz

Pete
Fucking Professional

Post by Pete » Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:51 pm

If this is the case, then QT has definitely made up for the long wait. Awesome to hear this!! Its gonna be one kickass DVD set! 8)

Lt. BioBasterd
Fucking Professional

Post by Lt. BioBasterd » Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:03 pm

There's a DVD link for The Bloody Affair at Amazon! Maybe you guys knew but I sure as hell did not! ;D ;D :D :D :-\ :'( :'(

http://www.amazon.com/Kill-Bill-Whole-B ... 186&sr=1-1

"All the billing in the world and the billboards can't do it. It's the people who pay their hard-earned cash across the ticket windows that make stars." - J.L. Mankiewicz

ailemrac07
Real McCoy

Post by ailemrac07 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:46 pm

Apperently there will be new anime shorts put into the final cut of both films.

http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2008/04/22/um ... kill-bill/

Pete
Fucking Professional

Post by Pete » Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:03 pm

Kill Bill is one film. People need to stop referring to it as separate films. Its 10 chapters split into two parts.

Sebastian
Inglourious Basterd

Post by Sebastian » Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:07 pm

yeah see the other topic, i think we need to merge this shit now, we have 3 separate topics all dealing with this ;-)

Sebastian
Inglourious Basterd

Post by Sebastian » Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:08 pm

PutneySwope wrote: Kill Bill is one film. People need to stop referring to it as separate films. Its 10 chapters split into two parts.
well blame QT and Harvey for it, the two volumes are really very different from each other, only TWBA will do away with all the "i like volume 1 better" shit

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:18 pm

My daughter loves Kill Bill, but she only wants to watch vol. 1.  So, to her, they're two different movies.  She goes, "I wanna watch the one where she kills".  Bless her.

Pete
Fucking Professional

Post by Pete » Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:45 pm

Sebastian wrote: well blame QT and Harvey for it, the two volumes are really very different from each other, only TWBA will do away with all the "i like volume 1 better" shit
Yeah true. From then on it will just be known as Kill Bill hopefully.

big man with a gun
Kiddo

Post by big man with a gun » Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:11 pm

you know what? if Quentin is going to make more anime stories for The Whole Bloody Affair dvd, then he SURE AS FUCK can make that Cowgirls in Sweden trailer for the eventual Grindhouse dvd. After all, the only reason he didn't do it first time was because he ran out of time working on Death Proof.

C'mon QT, GIVE US A GRINDHOUSE TRAILER OF YOUR OWN!

Sebastian
Inglourious Basterd

Post by Sebastian » Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:58 am

I volunteer for whoever character gets to screw around with the cowgirls ;-)

Toothwaste
Cowardly Lion

Post by Toothwaste » Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:34 pm

It is annoying these delays, cuts, recuts, releases, rereleases rererereleases etc.
I bought the original UK versions of KB 1 and 2.
And the japanese versions (Which make the UK versions obsolete)
I have to wonder though what TWBA can really ad to the already exellent Japanese versions?

How many cuts of a movie can one release not to rip fans off one too many times?
Like Scott with this 5 different Blade runner cuts released over 20 somewhat years?
Then releasing a deluxe boxset combining them all.
Make the movie as it was intended, release it completely with all the extras possible, and move on to do a new movie. One revisit/recut is allowed but not more, please... (Hope George Lucas will stop looking back and release a proper 6 movie complete SW box already)

Like the 6 disc Grindhouse set (Which I couldn´t resist not to buy any longer)
It´s exellent in many ways and more, but I´m sure there will be a worldwide version that will include most but not all japanese extras and will include some more stuff like RR´s 10-minute film school making the BBQ sauce and the Swedish trailer with Seb and me deep down in blond bush ;-)

Sebastian
Inglourious Basterd

Post by Sebastian » Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:43 pm

who told you I'd share those swedish girls with you out of all people? ;-)

i agree with you that constant re-cuts and different versions are annoying, but in the end there's a very simple reason for it: people fucking buy it.

Col. Crazy Kenneth
Fucking Professional

Post by Col. Crazy Kenneth » Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:02 pm

I have nothing against different versions/cuts of a movie, as long as there is a "definite" one. Just choose whatever version you like.

The Kill Bills work perfectly as two different movies, but I imagine it will work as one overlong movie as well.
"So much of what you see now in Hollywood is written and directed by committee, and you can see it. Things are so workshopped and so run around the room, and so overthought." - Trey Parker

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:18 pm

I hate it when they double-dip, and release newer versions, but in a way, I love it.  I hate having to buy the stuff, but then I'm all excited and happy about the new scenes or material. 

Like with Hot Fuzz.  I bought the awesome UK version.  Then I bought the US version.  Then 3 months later, they came out with the ultimate 3 disc collector's edition, and I bought that too.  So within 5 months, I spent over $80 on the same movie.  At least QT stretches it out a bit.